Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
madly
madly

Re: Ferrari F10

autogyro
autogyro

Looking forward to watching it catch its arse on fire.

bill shoe
bill shoe

Madly, thanks for great pics.

The "hanging pictures" are best. I think those pics are accurate for determining weight distribution (I don't see any large pieces missing). Wow!! That car has a small rear weight bias, and that's when it's empty!! Adding the driver would just bring the weight distribution further forward.

I had the vauge impression that 2010 F1 cars had a significant rear bias, but now I'm thinking it's pretty close to 50/50 like the 2009 cars. This year's change to front tire width must have only bumped it a point or two.

Agenda_Is_Incorrect
Agenda_Is_Incorrect

autogyro wrote:Looking forward to watching it catch its arse on fire.
Don't worry, there will be pictures of it if this happens and you will have your pleasure just like with Briatore pictures. But that's a topic to talk about the F10, not what team you are cheering for. So typical of agenda people to increase sensless comments when the thing they hate is going well. Probably it will not only not catch fire as it will have a good result with Alonso at least.
I've been censored by a moderation team that rather see people dying and being shot at terrorist attacks than allowing people to speak the truth. That's racist apparently.

God made Trump win for a reason.

PlatinumZealot

bill shoe wrote:Madly, thanks for great pics.

The "hanging pictures" are best. I think those pics are accurate for determining weight distribution (I don't see any large pieces missing). Wow!! That car has a small rear weight bias, and that's when it's empty!! Adding the driver would just bring the weight distribution further forward.

I had the vauge impression that 2010 F1 cars had a significant rear bias, but now I'm thinking it's pretty close to 50/50 like the 2009 cars. This year's change to front tire width must have only bumped it a point or two.
Not really.. if the hook was midway of the wheelbase you could have a good guess. So you have to verify that first. All the cars would more than likely hang like that come to think of it, so you can't get much insight.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Tim.Wright

Yea I agree, these hanging pictures are useless because there looks to be a marshall holding the front wing in every picture.

You need a direct side on shot with the vehicle hanging freely, then you know the CG is directly under the lifting point

tim
Not the engineer at Force India

zgred

autogyro
autogyro

I see Ferrari are worried about the heat around the rear tyres.
Bonfire Sunday?

ecapox

autogyro wrote:I see Ferrari are worried about the heat around the rear tyres.
Bonfire Sunday?
Documentation, or is this your regular BS way to up your post count and start arguments?

donskar
donskar

ecapox wrote:
autogyro wrote:I see Ferrari are worried about the heat around the rear tyres.
Bonfire Sunday?
Documentation, or is this your regular BS way to up your post count and start arguments?
+1 Very perceptive, ecapox. Just don't encourage him.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

siskue2005

whatever ferrari did after Spain and abysmal Turkey race, its clearly working =D>
Good work Ferrari
Hope they can maintain this speed
Moreover Massa seems to be happy with his car this weekend...thats a good sign 8)

autogyro
autogyro

Hahaha sorry, Domecelli looks like a nice guy to have around at a barbaque.
Seriously Ferrari are using a lot of heat senser tape etc to keep a close eye on the rear temperarures.
Renault look to be using deflector plates in metal, so there is a real risk.

donskar
donskar

@siskue2005:

The new diffuser implementation is working -- and it is likely to get even better in future races as they learn more about it.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

autogyro
autogyro

I did notice Alonso got a bit out of shape when he lifted off throttle suddenly.
Could have been tyres but could also be a throttle off loss of DF.

ecapox

autogyro wrote:Hahaha sorry, Domecelli looks like a nice guy to have around at a barbaque.
Seriously Ferrari are using a lot of heat senser tape etc to keep a close eye on the rear temperarures.
Renault look to be using deflector plates in metal, so there is a real risk.
Ferrari used the same heat-measuring techniques that RedBull used this season. Only difference was RedBull's was blue colored tape/paint. I think they would be stupid to not monitor the temps back there.

So measuring temps does not equal being "worried about temps" as you so put it. At least this clarifies what your objective is.

..and for the record, Italians dont BBQ.