Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Ferrari F10

I know Italians Piatza dont they, at least it gets their minds away from the world cup hehehe
I think the RB had far more development time and this is why I would be more concerned about the rear heat build up on the F10.
I am sure they are perfectly capable of sorting any issues, it is just a bit more crucial IMO.

di44ety
di44ety

Holm86

The car they are running this weekend is not the F10B is it??

Mazdaboy

Alonso have a small winglet on the front wing's plane (inner side).
Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Holm86 wrote:The car they are running this weekend is not the F10B is it??
They are running the new package this weekend, which many people call the 'B' spec.

I can't stress this enough, but it would be great if people read the last few pages of each thread, at the very least. It's not that answering questions is a bother, but something like a huge update is big news and is bound to be discussed recently. :wink:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bill shoe
bill shoe

Tim.Wright wrote:Yea I agree, these hanging pictures are useless because there looks to be a marshall holding the front wing in every picture.

You need a direct side on shot with the vehicle hanging freely, then you know the CG is directly under the lifting point

tim
n smikle, too-

Really!!- You look at those pictures and you get no impression whatsoever about the weight distribution? Are you only comfortable when you have perfect information with no tolerance?

FLC
FLC

Mazdaboy wrote: Alonso have a small winglet on the front wing's plane (inner side).
Those were there in Canada.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I don't know if the low level exhaust system is beneficial or not but I really prefer the look of the car without high placed exhausts. It's reminiscent of the cars of yester-year for me.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

TheRMVR

mx_tifosi wrote:
Holm86 wrote:The car they are running this weekend is not the F10B is it??
They are running the new package this weekend, which many people call the 'B' spec.

I can't stress this enough, but it would be great if people read the last few pages of each thread, at the very least. It's not that answering questions is a bother, but something like a huge update is big news and is bound to be discussed recently. :wink:
That's not what he asked. Who cares what 'people' call it, we all know it's a big update but what Holm86 is interested in is wether Ferrari itself named it F10B.
Besides that, who calls it a B spec anyway? I don't think its anywhere near a B spec. The changes arent big enough. And it's just one area of the car that has been updated so I don't think that deserves a B spec name.

Italiano
Italiano

I agree, this is far from a B spec car. Look at WIlliams or Mclaren from 4-6 years ago, back then there were proper B versions. A fancy new exhaust doesn't cut the mustard.

Come on Ferrari, pull your finger out and get to developing. Some new tubes and more red paint can't win the WC.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

SchumacherM wrote:Come on Ferrari, pull your finger out and get to developing. Some new tubes and more red paint can't win the WC.
Aldo Costa: "Not only the back of the car but also the bodywork itself, so we have got a new radiator system in terms of the shape and concept, so there’s new bodywork. And the exhaust layout is completely different and the back of the car, as you said – floor, suspension – there are improvements as well in the middle part of the car.
We brought a lot of improvements here, more for Silverstone, more in Germany, so we are pushing very, very hard."

Italiano
Italiano

Far from enough.

siskue2005

SchumacherM wrote:I agree, this is far from a B spec car. Look at WIlliams or Mclaren from 4-6 years ago, back then there were proper B versions. A fancy new exhaust doesn't cut the mustard.

Come on Ferrari, pull your finger out and get to developing. Some new tubes and more red paint can't win the WC.
i think you know that the rules wont allow a completely new car in 2010!

Italiano
Italiano

Goes without saying, but my opinion is based on the work that Renault does with their front wing for example. Constant fiddling and work going on.

You look at Ferrari's front wing and you fall asleep. Same goes for the rearwing...

Some visible progress, that's all I'm asking.

ringo

This car is faster than the Mclaren atm. Alonso was hounding Hamilton in the earlier laps, especially exiting the turns. It just seemed faster watching it pecking at the back of the Mp4 in the first 5 or so laps. Unfortunate for the F10 it didn't finish where it deserved. It easily could have threatened for the win.
For Sure!!