Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: Ferrari F10

Here is some news:
The current phase of the development programme on the F10, which began in Valencia, continues here in England, with a new front wing, as well as an update on the rear wing, while further modifications will be seen in Hockenheim and Budapest. This is a crucial part of the season: as the tenth round, it marks the mid-point of the championship, but on top of that, the F1 circus will now tackle three races in four weeks. Therefore, it is not only because we often see some of the highest temperatures of the year in Germany and Hungary that the series can be said to be hotting up! The two previous rounds in Montreal and Valencia were tinged with disappointment that the potential of the Ferrari package did not deliver the double podium finish that was within its grasp, for various well documented reasons and on past form, the configuration of the Silverstone track is not the most favourable to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, however a combination of the updates launched at the European Grand Prix and those introduced this weekend, should give Fernando and Felipe a more competitive car than they had in Istanbul, the track that most closely matches this weekend’s track characteristics.
http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... track.aspx

ringo

imightbewrong wrote:Here is some news:
The current phase of the development programme on the F10, which began in Valencia, continues here in England, with a new front wing, as well as an update on the rear wing, while further modifications will be seen in Hockenheim and Budapest. This is a crucial part of the season: as the tenth round, it marks the mid-point of the championship, but on top of that, the F1 circus will now tackle three races in four weeks. Therefore, it is not only because we often see some of the highest temperatures of the year in Germany and Hungary that the series can be said to be hotting up! The two previous rounds in Montreal and Valencia were tinged with disappointment that the potential of the Ferrari package did not deliver the double podium finish that was within its grasp, for various well documented reasons and on past form, the configuration of the Silverstone track is not the most favourable to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, however a combination of the updates launched at the European Grand Prix and those introduced this weekend, should give Fernando and Felipe a more competitive car than they had in Istanbul, the track that most closely matches this weekend’s track characteristics.
http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1 ... track.aspx
finaly, a new front wing!
I think they may be downplaying their strength at silverstone. I always thought they were second to only redbull in high speed turns. Though turkey showed that the car was not competitive then. However their f duct and exhuast may bring them back in contention.
The new front wing was deperately needed, i don't see what took them so long to realize some of their tyre issues may be front wing related.

I'm not even a ferrari fan, but their fall after Bahrain and their struggles made me more interested in their development. I want to see them mixing with the redbulls as i believe this chassis has the best potential for developement.
For Sure!!

GTO

In Spain, I believe we only saw a glimpse of the new race pace of the Ferrari. Up until the saftey car was deployed, the Ferrari was in touch with the Mac & RB of Hamilton & Vettel respectively. They were in line for a podium. I think Ferrari will produce an improved car in Silverstone, although I'm sure most other teams will also. New front wing, rear suspension & updated rear wing will help considerably.
In additon, if Massa does not produce a podium or better result than Alonso at Silverstone, he needs to play a more tactical role in supporting Alonso for the remainder of the season. This includes producing better race results to maximize team points.

In these next five races we'll find out which team, car & driver combination has peaked too early, just right, or left it a little too late. Bring on the remainder of the Euro races! =P~

Italiano
Italiano

Ferrari is in a position, where it needs to be absolutely spot on with every tactical decision. That combined with a solid upgrade programme will get them back in contention.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Ciro Pabón

I erased some posts. I want to thanks to the people trying to stop fights, specially FCP, whose first post "fell in the line of duty". I appreciate your efforts, but, hey, report those aggressive posts instead of feeding trollish conversations. We will do what's necessary, trust us. The times, they are a-changin'.
Ciro

ecapox

About that new front wing and the calls for "Its about time!!"

A new front wing has a serious impact on the airflow over the rest of teh car. If they just slap on a new wing, it may be to the detriment to the rest of the car. Also, if they slap on a new wing, and then change the rear of the car afterwards, the ne wing might be a panalty. I think the key is here to;

1st. Get rear of car in line (F-Duct, DDD, Exhaust Driven diffusor)
2nd. Create a wing that benefits the rest of the car that is not as easily changed.

We will wait to see. My fingers are crossed....

donskar
donskar

Ciro Pabón wrote:We will do what's necessary, trust us. The times, they are a-changin'.
Staying rigidly on topic :lol: , the new wing and new moderator attitude are both welcomed.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Pierce89

I can only hope for a true multi-element job, but disapointment is never far away this season.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Cut off exhaust with what looks like new heat shielding, almost like a double floor :wink:

Midnight-34
Midnight-34

Any pics of the new front wing? Or did they mean only a new flap profile like last year update on f60?

Ps
Hi, i'm new in the forum
Sorry for my engligh, i'm italian

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Ferraris revolutionary new front wing......... #-o

Shrek
Shrek

at least it's now a multi element
Spencer

madly
madly

Does have Ferrari problems with their F-duct? One of the cars in FP1 was without F-duct? Why?

Front wing - I'm disappointed. Still F10 front wing looks not really sophisticated ;-) In contrary Renault has their 8th iteration of front wing in 9 races. They claimed it's one of the most crucial elements in the car. So for Ferrari fans it's good news, the car has still a lot of potential (no offence!).

Italiano
Italiano

It is actually completely different. Endplates are more curvy, multielement flaps, the two small winglets are curvy...it's something.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

marcush.
marcush.

SchumacherM wrote:It is actually completely different. Endplates are more curvy, multielement flaps, the two small winglets are curvy...it's something.
indeed the kickup of the main element towards the endplate is extreme...

the talk we hear since years ...front wing will influence everything behind it...blabla..
my view is :if you start in front with a flawed design and optimse for the wrong beginning ,the end result still is what it is flawed...
So sticking on a better front wing design will help ,no matter if the rest is following the better air paths not ideally .