German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mep

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

Cool picture, who of these two guys actually drove the car?
:D

Gaara
Gaara

i saw the malboro bar code on Smedley's t-shirt ? they removed it from the car but not from the official clothes?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

The bar code has been on their clothing all year. Has any link been proven to Phillip Morris products or is it still claim and counter claim?

raceman

^^I guess the barcode livery for team members will remain the same for this year. It will only be removed by the next year with the new Ferrari logo.

bcoxa
bcoxa

It was also visable on the drivers helmets, atleast at the last GP anyway.
I'm not an engineer, just an experiment.

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

ESPImperium got a mention on the Five Live commentary during FP2 about chassis!

nice one :)
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

andrew wrote:The bar code has been on their clothing all year. Has any link been proven to Phillip Morris products or is it still claim and counter claim?
I'd say it's proven as they had that all the way back during the 1997 German GP!
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

andrew
andrew

I would call that a bit of a tedious link. It's gone quite on this which suggests it was maybe a PR gimmick for Phillip Morris?

WhiteBlue

I would not over estimate the speed of the Ferraris. They desperately need good news and in variable conditions as today you can go quickest by compromising your training program. So before they break out the spumante we should probably have a look at qualifying tomorrow.

Hamilton created a sizable problem for his mechanics by crashing his car in one of the few corners that are not wide enough for huge run offs and reduced his FP2 time to twelve minutes. Button had to do all the home work for McLaren.

Best of the rookie teams was Glock for Virgin. I hope for a dry race on Sunday because we had enough lotteries already this year.

McLaren seem to have brought enough parts of the new diffusor and Mercedes are still running without a shark fin. For me it is still a big question mark how they will cope with the tyres tomorrow.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zgred

Quite effective front wings' destroyers.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Just don't cut the chicane and you'll be fine :D

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

ben_watkins wrote:ESPImperium got a mention on the Five Live commentary during FP2 about chassis!

nice one :)
You knew when a question like that was asked, and i was watching, id be all over it like dung to a beatle.

Im not sure if they are checking it with the teams, but if they do, and say its kosher, its an effective verification to my data.

Giblet
Giblet

andrew wrote:The bar code has been on their clothing all year. Has any link been proven to Phillip Morris products or is it still claim and counter claim?

It doesn't need to be proven or talked about in this thread. They changed it on their cars, and have abandoned it for next year with an entirely new logo.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew
andrew

^^ Was it me that raised the barcode thing? No. I think you need to look above my post. [-X

mep

Ok where are the guys who made rain-dances?
You guys really messed up my plans for the weekend.
We had hot and dry summer days her but now there is like tropical rain.
hpfffffff arghhhh :evil: :twisted:
I wish you rain for at least the rest of the year. Wherever you life. [-(