Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
autogyro
autogyro

Re: Ferrari F10

Miss fire heard, is on application of throttle not on lift off.
This information is technical information directly relevent to the Ferrari F10.
Moderating it out would simply show a fan boy motivation designed to keep others technicaly in the dark.

donskar
donskar

So this thread illustrates what F1 is becoming: attempts to increase performance are attacked as cheating.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

autogyro
autogyro

Please explain donskar.
How is this miss fire an attempt to increase performance?

autogyro
autogyro

Goran2812 wrote:what's the difference between the ferrari "blown maping" and the RB's?
could RB have a form of traction control with their mappings too?
It's clever actually...

edit: is ferrari doing runs with a big amount of fuel now? first sector times look like that... or did it start to drizzle again?
There is no noticable miss fire consistent with applied throttle on the RB.
Exhaust blowing of diffuser occurs under braking or off throttle cornering not on throttle on application of power.
A big difference.

Italiano
Italiano

So what if they have TC? Every big team has done something this year, that was in the grey area, and improved performance.

Atleast it shows Ferrari are trying to get ahead. And don't start with paranoia and unfair advantages, this is how it works these days in F1 with testing banned.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

wesley123
wesley123

autogyro wrote:
SchumacherM wrote:So what if they have TC? Every big team has done something this year, that was in the grey area, and improved performance.

Atleast it shows Ferrari are trying to get ahead. And don't start with paranoia and unfair advantages, this is how it works these days in F1 with testing banned.
Absolute rubbish.
No absolute truth
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ing
ing

Using data from actual running and identifying the instances when the car loses traction (engine speed, car speed, gear selected, etc.), they can program the ECU to cut power intermittently - in a pre-defined fashion - to limit wheel spin.

As noted before, this need not be active, i.e., with feedback. This is called feed-forward:

“A control system which has only feed-forward behavior responds to its control signal in a pre-defined way without responding to how the load reacts; it is in contrast with a system that also has feedback, which adjusts the output to take account of how it affects the load, and how the load itself may vary unpredictably; the load is considered to belong to the external environment of the system."

No different from the normal mapping variables such as throttle response, etc.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 25 Jul 2010, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted an erased post

ecapox

It's nice to see the updates closed the gap somewhat...although you cant read too much into FP 1 or 2.

I believe the new front wing with those huge planes made everything behind it more efficient. I really think that was the missing piece of the puzzle.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 25 Jul 2010, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Infighting

ringo

any real life images of this pic?
For Sure!!

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Courtesy of nextgen-auto.com:
And the old one from valencia:
Can't really distinguish anything new about that exit, so the upgrade might be more underbody related. Or maybe they've added exhaust slots that aren't visible from here.

Pierce89

ecapox wrote:It's nice to see the updates closed the gap somewhat...although you cant read too much into FP 1 or 2.

I believe the new front wing with those huge planes made everything behind it more efficient. I really think that was the missing piece of the puzzle.
I also thnk the new front wing was a big part. The multi plane design generally give better stall control and pitch sensitivity, but I think they really improved the control and probably energy of the air as it flows off the front wing.
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on 25 Jul 2010, 14:33, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Quoted an edited post
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

King Six
King Six

I can't really see what they've done to the F10 between Silverstone and now to justify decreasing the gap to .002

I'm going to chalk it upto Ferrari/Alonso feeling the pressure and just really working a good setup over the weekend and Alonso at his maximum. Oh, and let's give the track itself some credit too.

WhiteBlue

Total-motorsport.com wrote:Nach Informationen der 'Diario Sport' hat Ferrari zum ersten Mal in Hockenheim ein entsprechendes System ausprobiert.

According to informations from 'Diario Sport' Ferrari have tried such a (Q3 mapping) system for the first time in Hockenheim.
Here you go. Ferrari also work with the retarded injection and open throttle map in Q3.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pierce89

Scince Turkey,the Scuderia have been developing F10 quicker than any other team. They've absolutely smoked Macca in development lately. So much for Mclaren being able to develop faster than the Scuderia. That falsehood has been blown right out of the water.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Phillyred
Phillyred

In regards to Ferrari's incorporation of their EBD- I agree.. If Alonso can keep a cool head and not suffer any SC misfortune then this may be the turning point for the prancing horses.. However, I think we've seen how Macca can make huge strides- the last part of 2009 for example...
Pierce89 wrote:Scince Turkey,the Scuderia have been developing F10 quicker than any other team. They've absolutely smoked Macca in development lately. So much for Mclaren being able to develop faster than the Scuderia. That falsehood has been blown right out of the water.