German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

Lewis destroyed their measuring equipment after 8 laps .. I cannot see anything impressive in this. FP1 is NOT qualy and as for me any driver crashing in free practise sessions or even worse in warmup is dubious and surely no hero to me.
I imagine Macs had several test steps to complete in that free practise and they got 1 set of data ....if that was ok for them ....i would not .

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I agree Marcush,

Lewis screwed up at the end of the day, and hampered his chance for quali and race.
But it still good to see someone climb into the car and gun it straight out the box.
We will see if Lewis is affected or not.

Remote Access
I will source the story for you in a sec.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/62749 ... -a-concern

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpres ... FHGkqxh3-w

Hyper extension of the leg muscle. I have had this injury playing rugby, depending on the angle of extension, its painful. Also, sitting with your legs up in the nose of the car wont help. But nothing a good dose of painkillers wont solve, Vettel will be hoping its a quick race time wise.
More could have been done.
David Purley

raceman

Welcome to FP3!

It's raining over there in Hockenheim, but it may last for 10 more minutes before a dry spell.....

WhiteBlue

Massa gets criticized by Rob Smedley for taking P1. He was only supposed to scrub his front tyres. :lol:

Turn six is still under water. Most drivers are waiting for other drivers to clear it. We have only 19 minutes left in the session.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Webber goes on track and Hamilton follows.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

At seven minutes left drivers are taking option tyres now.

WhiteBlue

Alonso Webber, Vettel are all fast. It depends of the traffic.

WhiteBlue

Vettel manages a clear lap over the finish line and beats Alonso.

Mr Alcatraz

WB Alonso and Vettle ran alot of laps on that last stint. Do you have the numbers, and were they both on options?
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

WhiteBlue

Tazio wrote:WB Alonso and Vettle ran alot of laps on that last stint. Do you have the numbers, and were they both on options?

All top drivers were running on super soft option tyres at the end. They started to come out with them at 7 minutes before the end.

Alonso had the most laps as you can see.

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:
Tazio wrote:WB Alonso and Vettle ran alot of laps on that last stint. Do you have the numbers, and were they both on options?

All top drivers were running on super soft option tyres at the end. They started to come out with them at 7 minutes before the end.

Alonso had the most laps as you can see.
Yes I had the T & S window open, but I didn't count the laps of the last stint for the top runners. I guess the point I'm getting at is that it seemed like SV, and FA ran a lot of laps on the same options in the last seven minutes, which suggests to me that the Q3 times should be faster if it stays dry!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

zgred

Shrek
Shrek

Force India would probably really like to forget today
Spencer

zgred

Flying wheel.

Last edited by zgred on 24 Jul 2010, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

The wheel almost hit the following driver. Thank god nothing happened. The pit wall had a good design, showing a good overlap. TecPro barriers could help.