German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Remote_Access
Remote_Access

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

WhiteBlue wrote:
donskar wrote: good to see Button keeping Hamilton honest. Surely it is now time for Hamilton to retire :lol: Should be a good opening lap.
Yeah, Button and Hamilton in the third row have every opportunity to crash into each other in the Südkurve. It would do great things for the championship and would take the chip off Whitmarsh's sholder how good he manages his drivers. :wink:
Speaking of chips on shoulders. Your favourite team can't put a season together and so your only response is to wish ill fortune on others? It's a disturbing pattern from you. Go get a life, mate.

Well done to the Ferrari boys, at least they've proved that the Red Bull Q3 machine might not be totally invincible, despite a great performance by Seb to hold on. It's going to be an interesting back half to the season.

marcush.
marcush.

WhiteBlue wrote:Schumacher out on P11 by 0.008 s. They simply cannot work their tyres right.
Schumacher live statement on RTL: the car is simply not quick enough ,the tyres were not the problem ... hm.... they seem to change their opinion about their tire issue..

WhiteBlue

Remote_Access wrote:Speaking of chips on shoulders. Your favourite team can't put a season together and so your only response is to wish ill fortune on others?
RA, it has nothing to do with Merc but a lot with the smugness of the McLaren people after the Turkish GP. Button and Hamilton pretty much did the same as Vettel and Webber but they had better team communication and more luck. They touched but did not crash. It is when you have to start from behind that you see drivers take greater risks and get involved in first corner collisions. I would not exclude it that Hamilton will have a very big go at his team mate who is ahead of him on the clean side.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dougskullery
dougskullery

WhiteBlue wrote:
dougskullery wrote:Important to note that the top four cars were also the only ones with the special engine setting to provide a constant exhaust flow to the diffuser, independent of throttle control. A real advantage in Q3.
How do you know that? I would be surprised if Renault did not have the system on their cars. I agree that Ferrari have probably caught on with the Q3 mapping.
Found an article earlier confirming Ferrari had been experimenting with a constant exhaust flow engine mapping this weekend (can't put my finger on it right now, I'm afraid), and from their performance in Q3 I'd guess it was deployed. You're right, Renault probably have the option to use it too, but their package as a whole isn't quite strong enough to be fighting at the front with it.

WhiteBlue

I've posted it in the F10 thread. Diario Sport confirmed Ferrari is using Q3 mapping.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

casper
casper

The time difference in Q3 between Alonso and Button is 0.634! Is this the missing six tenth of a second that has been bandied about for a long time?

dougskullery
dougskullery

WhiteBlue wrote:I've posted it in the F10 thread. Diario Sport confirmed Ferrari is using Q3 mapping.
This doesn't seem to be common knowledge in the paddock yet. McLaren's reaction post-race seems to be confusion that Ferrari were so much faster in Q3, and there was no mention of it on BBC coverage. Strange.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

donskar wrote: M Schu, take your richly-deserved honors and retire.
If anything, this season is showing that his honours might not have been so richly deserved after all. Now he has a team mate who is allowed to race him and he's in a car that isn't designed around him, or on tyres designed specifically to his car, he's struggling like crazy.

His Benetton days were his best days IMHO.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

marcush.
marcush.

he missed Q3 by .008s ...hardly a reason to pack up....Pastit was not posting weaker times than wunderkind Rosberg.
We still have not seen how good that one is really...
WHAT we have seen is :Williams is now ahead of Mercedes....so Barrichello is ,if anything ,
a better development driver (as a driver and driving the tech guys..) than Brittney and Pastit it seems ... as williams for once are full of praise for their driver ...a thing we have only experienced when some Alan Jones was driving for them...
oh damn that ´s been a long time... 1978 ?
Last edited by marcush. on 24 Jul 2010, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

Barichello is only telling them what Theissen has told them years ago. That their aero guys suck and that they got about every sub system of their aero wrong. Because Rubens has been driving for two top teams they finally started to believe him.

Pierce89

casper wrote:The time difference in Q3 between Alonso and Button is 0.634! Is this the missing six tenth of a second that has been bandied about for a long time?
Holy Crap!! I think you've found the 6/10 !!
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

marcush.
marcush.

WhiteBlue wrote:Barichello is only telling them what Theissen has told them years ago. That their aero guys suck and that they got about every sub system of their aero wrong. Because Rubens has been driving for two top teams they finally started to believe him.
would Theissen be as quick as Barrichello? :wtf:( please forgive me WB I could not resist..)

and on a sidenote..BMW were responsible for 2009 Sauber BMW which was aerowise a complete desaster...
Last edited by marcush. on 24 Jul 2010, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Insomniac
Insomniac

Can anyone tell me what side of the track the number one spot of the grid is at Hockenheim? If it's on the left, even though it's the clean side, whoever is on the right still may get a good run into the Nordkurve at the start.

marcush.
marcush.

Nordkurve and then Corner 2 is well worth watching after the start ..don´t forget there is a lot of tarmac on the outside as well so a LOT of drivers count that towards racetrack in the first lap...
In the 70/80s i think the inside wall was not there because I remember cutting the inside was the preferred ways back then.. especially Renault5s it took the whole long lap for the dust to settle in 1977 or was it 78....

Super racing
Super racing

rain? will it happen and if so when?