German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
gibells
gibells

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

Pas tit?

Morteza

gibells wrote:Pas tit?
It's Past It actually :mrgreen: It means his time is over
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Shrieker

Did Lewis actually make a mistake somewhere in his last flying lap, or was he dead slow ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

gibells
gibells

Double meaning. Guess I'll have to spell it out.

Past it. Over the hill.

Pas tit. Annoying character who can no longer pass.

WhiteBlue

Infantile word games. I any case it is inappropriate use for F1 racing drivers by people who have no idea what it is like to be one.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

aww there there WB eat some choc ice cream, u'll feel better.

I'm very excited to see if alonso can challenge the wunderkid tomorrow, been awhile since there was a real fight at the front...got all my fingers and toes crossed.

ringo

Shrieker wrote:Did Lewis actually make a mistake somewhere in his last flying lap, or was he dead slow ?
His time q3 time was slower than his q2. It could be because he was too close to button in dirty air, or he just didn't put it together like webber.
He had the potential to be 3rd on the grid though. Button improved by about 3 tenths, hamilton could have done the same.
But we'll see tommorow, it's good that he is far from Webber and Vettel. He has button and Kubica around him, those guys wont cause an accident.

I still think he can podium on this track, the 2008 race was very racy. Lots of overtakes and fights, so i expect a lot of tussling this weekend.
For Sure!!

Richard
Richard

Well we have an interesting line up tomorrow.

I'm impressed at Alonso's speed, he's got passion after disappointments in the last 2 races, plus his EBD is working on its 3rd ace outing. He's alongside Vettel, so the first two corners should be interesting, seasoned WDC v wannabe. Although Alonso's had some bad starts this season, so Vettel may shoot away. We'll also have a pumped up Webber out of position trying to jump the cars in front. Meanwhile two McLarens will looking to pick up any opportunity.

I was also surprised that the front row is a clear 0.5 seconds ahead. Looks like RB and Ferarri are now in a league of their own. Button was quite despondent about that afterwards.

marcush.
marcush.

WhiteBlue wrote:Infantile word games. I any case it is inappropriate use for F1 racing drivers by people who have no idea what it is like to be one.
in fact it was my idea to call him such.. and that because I´m really annoyed by all those mebers of the forum talking the man down.
I think it was asking too much of him to saviour Mercedes this year ..i´m not sure at all if Sutil ,Glock,Heidfeld or Vettel would have scored higher than him.
In fact the only one I think would have matched or even bettered rosberg in that car and team would have been ...Lewis Hamilton.

ringo

richard_leeds wrote:Well we have an interesting line up tomorrow.

I'm impressed at Alonso's speed, he's got passion after disappointments in the last 2 races, plus his EBD is working on its 3rd ace outing. He's alongside Vettel, so the first two corners should be interesting, seasoned WDC v wannabe. Although Alonso's had some bad starts this season, so Vettel may shoot away. We'll also have a pumped up Webber out of position trying to jump the cars in front. Meanwhile two McLarens will looking to pick up any opportunity.

I was also surprised that the front row is a clear 0.5 seconds ahead. Looks like RB and Ferarri are now in a league of their own. Button was quite despondent about that afterwards.
Alonso has Vettel's number. No stress from him, and he knows it. Alonso's going to win this.
Vettel has never fought with guys like this, he's going to crack under pressure an end up fighting Webber again.
ALonso and Hamilton to fight each other tommorow, that's my prediction.
For Sure!!

marcush.
marcush.

ringo wrote:

Alonso has Vettel's number. No stress from him, and he knows it. Alonso's going to win this.
Vettel has never fought with guys like this, he's going to crack under pressure an end up fighting Webber again.
ALonso and Hamilton to fight each other tommorow, that's my prediction.
I think so .. it will be a Ferrari /MCL dogfight.. without a car advantage I don´t see Vettel in the same league as Alonso or Hamilton.

siskue2005

without a car advantage I don´t see Alonso or Hamilton in the same league as Vettel.

this is what people would have said if this is Alonso or Hamilton's first real competative year and Vettel with 1+ Wdc :wink:

siskue2005

he has only got this passion when he has a competitive car
i heard all his passion talks in the radio in the last couple of races
and when he said few months ago, hat he has lost faith with ferrari and their development, and even compared them to Mclaren who were extremely good in development! people have very short memory,... as after todays quly, Alonso great, Schumy Retire! :lol:

Passion should be there even in bad times..... not just when everything goes ur way and when u have a really good car...thats not passion, thats just selfishness!

WhiteBlue

For every mistake that Vettel has made this year you can find two or three by Alonso. I don't see where ringo gets his conviction that it will be a cake walk for the Spaniard. In any case we will not have long to see how it goes and who will deliver the better performance tomorrow. We have the advantage to see two equally well defined packages with Red Bull/Vettel and Ferrari/Alonso. The better man will win.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

kalinka
kalinka

I think with this lineup there is a high probability of a first corner/second corner or first lap accident between front runners. I bet on Webber vs. whoever. Webber has good starts recently, and he is behind Alonso on the dirty side. Ferraris will surely try to hold him and everybody behind. Webber will be desperate to catch up with Alonso/Vettel, so....The Mclarens maybe should hold off a bit and wait for them to collide, but they are desperate too because they are quick on full fuel load, so they'll also try everything in first lap....sounds like a big mess for me. I just hope Hamilton will survive those first laps without trouble.