German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

komninosm wrote:Did Hamilton or McLaren actually say that he screwed up on his last lap? I'm just curious.
Yup:
Lewis Hamilton wrote:And my lap wasn't fantastic, but that's the way it is. My qualifying pace was quite poor, to be honest. I don't think it was great, but I did the best job I could.

WhiteBlue

Darknight wrote:Given the huge difference in compounds between tires, which driver is starting on what tire? Are all top 10 cars on the softs?
All top 10 are on options AFAIK. Michael is the first who can take primes.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

fenix4life
fenix4life

Ferrari and Red Bull cars to be investigated after the race by the FIA :)

WhiteBlue

Michael also on options
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Goran2812
Goran2812

wow, vettel really slowed that formation lap down...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Goran2812
Goran2812

very dangerous move from vettel...

myurr
myurr

Goran2812 wrote:wow, vettel really slowed that formation lap down...
Yeah, and agree about him being stupid down the start straight as well. Far too interested in trying to fighten and block Alonso which cost him another place to Massa and almost caused Button to run into the back of him.

Is that slow formation lap that Vettel insists on doing costing them on the start? That's another bad getaway for Vettel.

Michiba
Michiba

That's two races in a row where vettel has wasted his pole position by trying to take out P2 yet comes off second best. What's the advantage of doing that anyway? He's going off line which affects his acceleration.

WhiteBlue

Hamilton's rears start graining

myurr
myurr

Michiba wrote:That's two races in a row where vettel has wasted his pole position by trying to take out P2 yet comes off second best. What's the advantage of doing that anyway? He's going off line which affects his acceleration.
He's also travelling further by moving across the track - he's losing that distance to the car he's trying to block.

Goran2812
Goran2812

could this be a boring race till the end? :/

komninosm
komninosm

myurr wrote:
komninosm wrote:Did Hamilton or McLaren actually say that he screwed up on his last lap? I'm just curious.
Yup:
Lewis Hamilton wrote:And my lap wasn't fantastic, but that's the way it is. My qualifying pace was quite poor, to be honest. I don't think it was great, but I did the best job I could.
He says he did the best job he could, not that he screwed up. Any more specific info please?
Personally I do think he probably screwed up his last lap, but I have no evidence.

Goran2812
Goran2812

anyone see that line on massa's front left? he'll wreck the tyres soon if he countinues like this...

komninosm
komninosm

myurr wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:wow, vettel really slowed that formation lap down...
Yeah, and agree about him being stupid down the start straight as well. Far too interested in trying to fighten and block Alonso which cost him another place to Massa and almost caused Button to run into the back of him.

Is that slow formation lap that Vettel insists on doing costing them on the start? That's another bad getaway for Vettel.
Why must Vettel prove to me every race that he's an @$$? [-X

zgred

Last edited by zgred on 25 Jul 2010, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.