German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

can't watch this... Alonso doesn't know what to say to justify what they did... Shame on you ferrari...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

MattF1
MattF1

oh dear

gridwalker
gridwalker

Oh man ... that would have been the first time that I would EVER cheered a ferrari win AND THEY BLEW IT ... 12 months to the day after his accident, they have robbed him of a poetic victory.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Remote_Access
Remote_Access

Goran2812 wrote:c'mon he isn't happy like a man who just won a race should be...
He looked like a jubilant man who realised the crowd was booing him

Goran2812
Goran2812

this conference is so sad... ferrari dug them self in a big heap of dung with this... blah...

komninosm
komninosm

WhiteBlue wrote:Ferrari did the clever thing. Alonso looks depressed on the podium. Massa will support him because Ferari decided it. Without Massa's testimony the stewards cannot throw the book at Ferrari.
I agree too, no way they get a penalty for this. It was just done in a classless way. He simply said "Massa, can you hear me? Alonso is faster than you? Please acknowledge that you heard me". It's pretty vague when you think about it. But the way they said it was "evil" and it seemed that Massa wasn't returning their calls LMAO giving them the silent treatment are we now? All in all this season is full of childish behaviors from a lot of people. [-X

jddh1

Am I the only one who doesn't really mind team tactics at all? I think the "ban" on team orders is stupid. The teams are investing millions of dollars in their development. They deserve to have a say in the result of their cars.

komninosm
komninosm

zgred wrote:
komninosm wrote: Whose fault was that?
Was Kov a lap behind De La Rosa and blue flagged?
Marshal has something blue in the hand but was he waving? I do not know.
In the entry it was like this:

I looked at the lap chart and Kov was indeed a lap behind De La Rosa then.

myurr
myurr

Ah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa. Alonso claiming that he didn't know what happened, but Filipe was a little bit slow out of turn 6 so he was able to overtake.

Just like he didn't know about the safety car in Singapore.

roost89
roost89

Contrary to many peoples opinions, I think that the Ferrari incident was probably the correct decision for the team. Blatant and wrong but still, for the team far better. If not Alonso would have dived up the inside, he was far more aggressive in his style and it would've ended in tears.

It also means the title fight has hotted up, more drivers able to achieve the title now. Gotta be good eh?

However, aside from that. I thought it was a good race, Red Bull hit some bad luck today, got swamped at the start by the two ferrari's.

Sauber has shown some form, lasting much farther into the race than the other teams.
Lotus hit some bad luck too, both drivers getting out of the race.

Reasonably exciting race. The regulations now seem to aiding the chances to get overtaking chances, especially with the different speed profiles of the cars due to the teams going for different ideas to achieve ultimate lap-time.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Goran2812
Goran2812

no problem with team tactics with me, it's just the way they do stuff like that... it needs to look more realistic... if those are the right words...

WhiteBlue

Massa supported Ferrari in the press conference. So he obeyed and the stewards have no case. As long as the drivers agree with team order it is legal.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Gonner
Gonner

Ferrari should get a ban for that. Something like keeping the drivers point but loosing what they have scored for Constructors Championship, juste like McLaren got in Hungary 2007.

piast9
piast9

jddh1 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't really mind team tactics at all? I think the "ban" on team orders is stupid. The teams are investing millions of dollars in their development. They deserve to have a say in the result of their cars.
OK, the teams are investing money but the drivers are the ones who take risks to race as fast as their skills and balls allow to. And the drivers should decide if they want to lift a throttle a bit to allow teammate pass to help him with his championship battle.

manchild
manchild

jddh1 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't really mind team tactics at all? I think the "ban" on team orders is stupid. The teams are investing millions of dollars in their development. They deserve to have a say in the result of their cars.
What results of their cars? What are you talking about? They would have 1-2 even if Massa stayed on p1.

This had nothing to with team's position in WCC. This was fixing of WDC by a team.

Fans are not watching F1 for one team or one driver only, and when one team f*cks everybody else than FIA should react and prevent that traditional Ferrari-invented bullshit.
Last edited by manchild on 25 Jul 2010, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.