German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ParanoiD

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

and to cool the debate,here is from the twitter account of Virgin Racing
VirginRacing

Lucas says he was laughing at the start - because YAM started with the pitlane limiter on :-)
Ay Carumba!

ecapox

Why would smedly bother lying. The telemetry will tell the whole story..

ecapox

Yams shouldnt even be driving. HRT is just hard up for cash.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The Bottom line is Ferrari robbed us, the fans, of a fight for the win.
The way the Ferrari guys are towing company line is hilarious. The world and its aunt knows its a fix, and they should be hammered for taking the p#ss out of us.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Gonner
Gonner

Goran2812 wrote:
Gonner wrote:Ferrari should get a ban for that. Something like keeping the drivers point but loosing what they have scored for Constructors Championship, juste like McLaren got in Hungary 2007.
why should they get a ban? becouse people don't like what they did?
massa played along, alonso played along, end of story...
the only thing why this is redicolous is that the drivers have to
talk bulls*** on the press conference and look like fools...

I misexplained my thoughts, I'm not that fluent in English.

I mean, they sure deserve a penalty, team orders are illegal.

And, to me, the most recent event comparable to what happened today is the fight between Alonso and Hamilton in Qualifications in 2007.

Today, first of all, it happened during the race, and it was as obvious as when Alonso blocked Lewis in the pits.

So, according to me, Ferrari should at least get the same penalty Macca got in Hungary 3 years ago.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

ParanoiD wrote:and to cool the debate,here is from the twitter account of Virgin Racing
VirginRacing

Lucas says he was laughing at the start - because YAM started with the pitlane limiter on :-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
David Purley

Gonner
Gonner

Money :(

Having Klien in the garage while Yamamoto is on the track, what a shame :(

WhiteBlue

According to Wurz a lot depends of someone making a complaint. The stewards cannot police a team order. They have to wait that either Charley reports to them or a team complaints.

It is also known that Massa and Domenicali are with the stewards now. So if he says that he made his own decision to let Alonso pass it will be difficult to prove team order. IMO it all depends of Massa's testimony.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Goran2812
Goran2812

tadzio89 wrote:
Goran2812 wrote:the LED lights on the back of a Virgin is hanging! that's quite dangerous...
any photos?
no photos,i saw a glimps of it on the live coverage, just as massa and alonso were to pass the virgin for another lap...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

thestig84
thestig84

Just_a_fan wrote:
ParanoiD wrote:
“I don’t expect any penalties whatsoever because Alonso was just faster and Massa made a small mistake when shifting up three gears at once,” Smedley told Germany’s Sky Sports after the race.
He did shift up three gears but not "at once". He short shifted three gears to let Alonso pass him.

I feel for Smedley having to 'tow the party line' in such a fashion.
Oh my really...They are getting worse. Do they think we are as thick as posts or something. The on screen telemetry was on showing Massa's mega obvious lift.

Im getting more angry with these pathetic Ferrari cover up stories.

tommylommykins
tommylommykins

Whiteblue:

That suggests that the idea of a forced confession might come into things? The FIA should know that Massa cannot be reasonably expected to give a true and fair response in the matter when his job is on the line?

Goran2812
Goran2812

how can they force him to tell anything?
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Gonner
Gonner

I don't understand how they can ask Massa and Domenicali instead of looking at telemetry.

Did they ask Hamilton in Spa in 2008.

No, they looked at the telemetry and decided that Hamilton had gained an advantage, even if he had let Kimi in front.

Why don't they do it here. The same thing would have happened between the RB pilots or the Macca pilots, CryBaby Alonso would be all over the place with " Talk to Charlie, leave me alone, Life's Unfair "

tommylommykins
tommylommykins

goran: Massa has an incentive to keep his own job. So he will say whatever he needs to say, so long as it helps him keep his job.

I think it would not reflect well on the FIA if the matter was not pursued because Massa said he moved over of his own free will, or that he made a mistake...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Gonner wrote:I don't understand how they can ask Massa and Domenicali instead of looking at telemetry.

Did they ask Hamilton in Spa in 2008.

No, they looked at the telemetry and decided that Hamilton had gained an advantage, even if he had let Kimi in front.

Why don't they do it here. The same thing would have happened between the RB pilots or the Macca pilots, CryBaby Alonso would be all over the place with " Talk to Charlie, leave me alone, Life's Unfair "
Having a pop at Alonso isnt really constructive.
Whats he to do? Stay behind Massa? This rests squarely with Ferrari hierarchy.
David Purley