Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Ferrari F10

I know about the regulated cockpit protection, but what I'm referring to is the bulge to the side of the winglet that is under the mirror. In other words, and what I should have used from the start; the bulge on the top section of the sidepod inlet.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raymondu999

The bulge in the mirror seems to be a camera. The one the camera is sitting on used to be a flow conditioner, which has kept its place. If you look at the F10 launch, the sidepods have always had raised edges.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

mx_tifosi wrote:What's the reason for the bulge in the top-front of the sidepod? Aero or is it housing something? Too high for electrical right?

You are referring to the side impact structure?
Most teams the structure is within the side pods. Maybe this allows for shorter and lower sidepods.
For Sure!!

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

mx_tifosi wrote:What's the reason for the bulge in the top-front of the sidepod? Aero or is it housing something? Too high for electrical right?
I can't remember where, but I seem to recall that someone (Scarbs maybe?) stated that it is part of their crash protection. But I'm unsure.

Edit: Oups, too late

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

raceman

^^ :shock:

WOW!

MX, gr8 detailed pictures! thnx for sharing.

look at the size of the turning vanes, they are big! and also the beautifully designed self-fitting wheelnut - clever! =D>

raceman

Pat Fry indeed joined Ferrari. He was one of the leads to design last year's and this year's mp4/24 and mp4/25 respectively.

Goran2812
Goran2812

maybe this move has put a stop to that italian (no offence to any itallian members on the forum) lazyness and attitude (all will be allright) and made them work their asses of like when Ross and Jean were leading the team...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Different "tunnel" profiles in the end plate. New three element on the left vs old two element on the right.

Why are they still carrying the old wing??

raymondu999

that would be for Massa I guess? Fernando was faster in practice and also higher in the championship :P
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

auto saibot

or maybe there's someone superstitious in the house
or they are carrying it for pitstop practicing

Tim.Wright

Goran2812 wrote:maybe this move has put a stop to that italian (no offence to any itallian members on the forum) lazyness and attitude (all will be allright) and made them work their asses of like when Ross and Jean were leading the team...
I wouldn't call them lazy at all, and they definately don't have an attitude problem (all will be alright). They are however quite chaotic in terms of organisation. Its the Ialian way.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

mrp5150

They tested both wings in the practice sessions if I remember correctly. They wanted to see which one worked best. Their newest wing seems to flex a bit, but not nearly as much as the Red Bull front wing.

Midnight-34
Midnight-34

The 4 wings are with 4 different configurations, did the Ferrari folow the Renault's strategy one brand new wing every race? :lol:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

The bottom of the engine cover has been opened up like the RBRs. Just to be sure, can someone verify if this is new for Saturday or at least this weekend?