Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
747heavy

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

F-Duct partly "removed" :wink:

"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.
marcush.

ringo wrote:This is a little interpretation of what they should do to copy redbull a little more, and lighten up on the Barn door aero. :lol:

looks a little basic graphics wise :mrgreen: , but the whole idea is to cut out that middle blade to help the ebd flow a little more. Red is diffuser holes foe exhuast.

that one,555?
Last edited by marcush. on 20 Aug 2010, 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

747heavy wrote:F-Duct partly "removed" :wink:

That is fully removed, and put upside down. The silver part on top is the cooling hole that you see atop the gearbox when the whole assembly is right side up.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

747heavy

n smikle wrote:
That is fully removed, and put upside down. The silver part on top is the cooling hole that you see atop the gearbox when the whole assembly is right side up.
Thanks for the heads up / info
Cheers
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

autogyro
autogyro

747heavy wrote:
n smikle wrote:
Thanks for the heads up / info
Cheers
Looks way to bulky to me.

Mandrake
Mandrake

n smikle wrote:That is fully removed, and put upside down. The silver part on top is the cooling hole that you see atop the gearbox when the whole assembly is right side up.
That is just the engine cover with fin removed......or am I missing the overall pun in your postings? ^^

PlatinumZealot

There is no pun. The part is just upside down; like lifting off your hat and putting it upside down on your head.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Mandrake
Mandrake

Then I don't think you are correct. The part on the rear wing is the mount for the f-duct tube and the lower squared entry is the lower exit for the air, just like on the Red Bull where it exits a bit higher. There's nothing put on upside down.....

thestig84
thestig84

Sorry but n smikle is correct. This has been discussed when have been pictures like that from many Thursdays at different races.

PlatinumZealot

Mandrake wrote:Then I don't think you are correct. The part on the rear wing is the mount for the f-duct tube and the lower squared entry is the lower exit for the air, just like on the Red Bull where it exits a bit higher. There's nothing put on upside down.....

Yeah I know the squared tube is in the correct position I am taking about the silver part. The Fduct which is read goes on top of it.
Hmm.. technically it is rotated about 45 degrees.. so yes it is not upside down but rotated to the incorrect position..

Here it is in the correct position.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

thestig84
thestig84

Not strictly bang on topic but news is slow so Ill go for it!

I went to the MTC today. Been before but saw a bit more this time. The race bays have 25's partly built up ready for Spa (4 of them, so guess they only take 3). They were looking incredible. Apparently the wind tunnel was running, pretty quiet all in all just a few guys in building up spares like wishbones.

What was interesting was being told they have been using Toyota's wind tunnel as its a lot better. Their wind tunnel has been closed for maintenance during the summer shut down, hopefully it will now be running better.

I saw a few rapid prototype displays. That stuff is incredible!!! Some of the things that they can make out of thin air are so intricate it is astounding. Full size gearbox case was good and a little castle tower with spiral stairs through the middle was amazing!!

Thats about it. Just wanted to share that really....nothing around flexing, drooping or scraping the ground that I could see :) !

Mandrake
Mandrake

n smikle wrote:Yeah I know the squared tube is in the correct position I am taking about the silver part. The Fduct which is read goes on top of it.
Hmm.. technically it is rotated about 45 degrees.. so yes it is not upside down but rotated to the incorrect position..
Ahh ok, then I just didn't correctly understand your posting ;) Confusion cleared :D

mstar
mstar

how come we can get away using toyotas wind tunnel? did Mclaren group purchase them? and i am surprised they are better then what mclaren had before?

Holm86

They dont have to buy it. They could have just rented it for a couple of hours .....

wesley123
wesley123

Holm86 wrote:They dont have to buy it. They could have just rented it for a couple of hours .....
Indeed, as their own was closed down for maintenance.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender