Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gibells
gibells

Re: Ferrari F10

ecapox

Mandrake wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
What's wrong with you guys? We now see a perfect picture of a floor and what its profile looks like and nobody has to comment anything on it?
All i see is a white wrist band. :-)

I bet someone sees an ilegal floor. #-o

Mandrake
Mandrake

I just remember when Webber took off and showed the bottom of his RB everyone was using the low res photos and interpreted a couple of things into airflow etc. Now that a better picture of the floor and diffuser of the Ferrari is existant I was expecting more talk about it (I'm coming here to inform myself) and thus a bit surprised it wasn'T picked up once ;)

one_o_six

Mandrake wrote:I just remember when Webber took off and showed the bottom of his RB everyone was using the low res photos and interpreted a couple of things into airflow etc. Now that a better picture of the floor and diffuser of the Ferrari is existant I was expecting more talk about it (I'm coming here to inform myself) and thus a bit surprised it wasn'T picked up once ;)
Sorry, I don't know the old floor well enough to compare both :-(

Cheers,
J

timbo
timbo

Mandrake wrote:I just remember when Webber took off and showed the bottom of his RB everyone was using the low res photos and interpreted a couple of things into airflow etc. Now that a better picture of the floor and diffuser of the Ferrari is existant I was expecting more talk about it (I'm coming here to inform myself) and thus a bit surprised it wasn'T picked up once ;)
The angle of the photo doesn't allow to look into inlet holes. The inner geometry is also not revealed, but of course one might deduce a thing or two.
One thing I can say — the volume of that channels is impressive,

one_o_six

timbo wrote:
The angle of the photo doesn't allow to look into inlet holes. The inner geometry is also not revealed, but of course one might deduce a thing or two.
One thing I can say — the volume of that channels is impressive,
I thought about it after seeing this pic:
http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/ ... 6/784.html

Gilles 27

raymondu999 wrote:Well they took it off in Hungary and monaco too
No, they tested today with and without F-Duct. So they have to decide the better option :wink:

zgred

Caito
Caito

Have you seen how the shark fin vibrates? I saw it a couple of times on the onboard-rear cam. The shark fin vibrating sideways.

Vibrations=Energy lost = Power lost. Probably not significant enough to justify making it stiffer.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

TheRMVR

Does anyone have pictures of the underside of Massa's Ferrari?

feynman
feynman

I haven't been listening closely to the Ferrari, have they been trying anything with the overrun (Macca style rumbling) ... I was wondering if that was the "new things" Alonso mentioned that had to be reset and remapped during quali.

autogyro
autogyro

IMO Ferrari does not have enough engines to win the championship.

Phillyred
Phillyred

"Alonso took pole by 0.067 from Sebastian Vettel's Red Bull but had a bit of a scare in Q2 when his team asked him to return to the pits to reboot his engine management system. Team-mate Felipe Massa had come to standstill in Q1 with an unidentified problem and Alonso's car had been put in a safe mode for Q2, only for it to start playing up as well.

"We tried to understand Felipe's problem but by looking at the telemetry alone we could not tell, so we made some safe changes in the car to avoid any risks," Alonso said. "We were running with some experimental things here but after Felipe's problem we went back to the standard ones. We had a problem the first time we changed it so for Q2 we were running with the wrong maps in the car, we were lucky to get into Q3. But then in Q3, with the right maps, the car was feeling better." from ESPNF1 staff (hopefully I sourced and quoted that appropriately- apologies if not.)

I didn't get a chance to listen or watch quali, but perhaps the experimental bit Alonso mentions is the retarded engine mapping that seems so popular.. I wonder if they'll be able to run it in the race like McLaren does..

ecapox

autogyro wrote:IMO Ferrari does not have enough engines to win the championship.
As much as i want to disagree, i cant. They need every single HP from their engines and i dont think the previously used ones will do it.

If Alonso somehow manages to win the WDC, he has a lot to be proud of as does Ferrari. A LOT.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

ecapox wrote:
autogyro wrote:IMO Ferrari does not have enough engines to win the championship.
As much as i want to disagree, i cant. They need every single HP from their engines and i dont think the previously used ones will do it.

If Alonso somehow manages to win the WDC, he has a lot to be proud of as does Ferrari. A LOT.
The thing is, they use the engines for about 3 races. The engine he is using now has been used for two races. Then he has two more engines that has had only one race each. With four remaining races that should pose no problem. After they fixed their engine issues they haven't really had any problems as far as I know.