Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JMN
JMN

Re: Red Bull RB6

http://img831.imageshack.us/g/billede2v.png/. Unless they move the cameras I'm sure better pictures will be available tomorrow though.

scarbs
scarbs

nice chance to see the revised splitter and stay (much thinner) in this pic

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... -1/058.jpg

segedunum
segedunum

Nice JMN. Those are the ones I was talking about. It looks a bit odd, especially with what looks like metal there. Looks a bit crude, but I'm sure it's not.

Dmitry
Dmitry

Better quality:

GTO

Red Bull have found a innovative way to bring in extra funds at street circuits & to improve their drivers' performance. They've installed magnets on the floor to pick up loose change from the streets! The magnetic field also helps to stimulate blood circulation around the drivers' asses to reduce accidents & improve overall performance.
:lol:

zgred

ringo

Mclaren thought the performance was in the wings.
But it's not, the speed's in the suspension. This car is sprung very softly and it is well damped while at the same time having little body roll.
I think the sway bars must be super stiff and probably tied front to rear, or something is tied front to rear, i'm not sure but that redbull is moving through the tight singapore turns like a slot car.
Probably has no anti dive built into the arms?
For Sure!!

FW17

Will we see the Red Bull Map-Q doing this

forty-two

Comments gents?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

marcush.
marcush.

forty-two wrote:Image

Comments gents?
yep..why is the ashtray holder (the floor tip you can see at the far right NOT moving in your comparison?..very strange....the amplitude of motion in the pic is almost zero to the right and very pronounced to the left.
as the camera pod is mounted to that side my guess is we see the camera vibrating up and down on and around its mounting ..

Halgovern
Halgovern

Comments gents?
i think thats just the natural movement of the car under load at highspeed vs the unloaded ride height at slow speed. ive seen this many times before on the bbc coverage.

On a side note, interesting to see that red-bull have finally put the onboard camera on the front wing facing the splitter. guess they don't mind everyone seeing what their splitter is doing under load :)
“On the days when Hamilton’s insane alliance of guts, skill and derring-do appear capable of delivering the world it is easy to forget he is only 25, an age when it is all too common for boys to believe themselves men.”

czt
czt

Comments gents?
Car moves closer to ground when subject to increased downforce with speed?

I don't think you can tell a whole lot from that shot. You can't use the walls as a point of reference as you don't know where the car is relative to them, you can't use the shadows as the car is passing many floodights.

marcush.
marcush.

of course you can.The wing is not alowed to move relative to the car .End of story .If you mount your camera to the wing stay and you see moving parts of the car relative to this .some eplanation is necessary .

thestig84
thestig84

marcush. wrote:of course you can.The wing is not alowed to move relative to the car .End of story .If you mount your camera to the wing stay and you see moving parts of the car relative to this .some eplanation is necessary .
I think your seeing things you want to see. Look at the red line, the tray barely moves. The took at the rear wheel by the 7-11 barge board. The whole car is up and down not splitter.

If you think that is the wing moving marcush then look carefully at the splitter shadow...its the car going lower, not the wing moving in relation to the car.

Its a combination on bumps, d/f and shadows. Noting in that picture whatsoever imo.

marcush.
marcush.

again :Camera mounted rigidly to the car ,which is per regs one solid no movements allowed.
You could do whatever you wanted with the car ,drop it from the eiffeltower As long as you look on the car from a point FIXED to the car there cannot be ANY movement.Draw a line or a cross every point of the car will remain immobile relative to the reference line(s).
Of course there is the variable of the camera mount or lens moving and my impression is that we see exactly this in these shots.
Last edited by marcush. on 25 Sep 2010, 12:30, edited 2 times in total.