Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JaymzVsTheWorld
JaymzVsTheWorld

Re: Renault R31

So are Renault sticking with this layout of exhaust? I know people are calling it FFE but it looks more side facing, even pointing backword a little.

I wonder how much ahead in development of this exhaust renault are? Considering McLaren are testing like.... 4 different designs?

raymondu999

JaymzVsTheWorld wrote:So are Renault sticking with this layout of exhaust? I know people are calling it FFE but it looks more side facing, even pointing backword a little.

I wonder how much ahead in development of this exhaust renault are? Considering McLaren are testing like.... 4 different designs?
Actually I believe the buzzword is FEE, Front "exiting" exhaust
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JaymzVsTheWorld
JaymzVsTheWorld

raymondu999 wrote:
JaymzVsTheWorld wrote:So are Renault sticking with this layout of exhaust? I know people are calling it FFE but it looks more side facing, even pointing backword a little.

Actually I believe the buzzword is FEE, Front "exiting" exhaust
Ah I see. Thanks.

zgred

Blackout

Thx
I think this diffuser is a bit different :-k

They copied RBR...

forty-two

Apologies, but I don't think that's what most people would call a diffusor, what you've posted is a front wing/splitter image, and actually, RBR copied Force India with moving the camera pods inboard on the wing pylons
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Renault look to be the car to beat, the fact that Nick Heidfeld turned up and went fastest speaks volumes. Yes it's just testing and we don't know what fuel loads and tyre compounds are being used... but Heidfeld has never driven the car before, so top of the timesheets is impressive regardless, especially considering his mediocre performances last year at Sauber.

It really is a terrible shame Kubica won't be competeting this year :(

raymondu999

Most also thought the Ferrari was the car to beat when testing happened last year. But we were wrong.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

manchild
manchild

This is their second fasted day during testing. First Kubica, now Heidfeld.

It's a shame, if car is that good as it seams, Kubica had the title wrapped up.

But than again, knowing that Mika Salo dominated the field during his replacement jump in Ferrari, and how for instance Hamilton dominated his rookie season despite Mclaren favoring Alonso, than any good driver(s) would have no problem in winning at least WCC title.

Blackout

forty-two wrote:Apologies, but I don't think that's what most people would call a diffusor, what you've posted is a front wing/splitter image, and actually, RBR copied Force India with moving the camera pods inboard on the wing pylons
:roll:
zgred wrote:Image

kwanchepan
kwanchepan

Hi-Res picture. Hope you like it
http://i.imgur.com/jlNP0.jpg
R31 has a new floor upgrade yesterday. Hope it can work as expected.
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 13 Feb 2011, 09:11, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed quote. it's right above this post

vinuneuro
vinuneuro

What's going on in the highlighted part?

Same shot, high-res highlighted:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4359/jlnp0.jpg

piast9
piast9

vinuneuro wrote:What's going on in the highlighted part?
I think that the hydraulics to the adjustable rear wing may be connected there and routed along the beam wing and then endplates.

zgred

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Interesting design on the lower nose strakes on the renault. They really look like they've morphed into winglets. Skirting legality here?