Williams FW33

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Formula None
Formula None

Re: Williams FW33

Richard
Richard

Great livery, especially the numbers. From f1fanatic tweet.

ringo

This car is quick. It could be fighting with the merc and mclaren.
For Sure!!

jenkF1

ringo wrote:This car is quick. It could be fighting with the merc and mclaren.
As much as I love it and its been quick, its still doesn't look in the Merc or Mclarens league at the moment.

dren

Hard to tell where the Renault is at the moment, but so far I'd put the Williams as best of the rest. We'll see in a few hours!
Honda!

zgred

sac wrote:Image

Formula None
Formula None

Thanks again, zgred. Hopefully the RB7 box breaks cover soon.

You can pretty clearly see the bosses for mounting the torsion bars/bellcranks (the conical shape at the base, below the portholes).

Also, is this upside-down single keel suspension setup pretty unique? I haven't seen that at the rear before.

Francesc
Francesc

jenkF1 wrote:
ringo wrote:This car is quick. It could be fighting with the merc and mclaren.
As much as I love it and its been quick, its still doesn't look in the Merc or Mclarens league at the moment.
Why you would say that? Because of the fast laps of each driver? You will be surprised.

Tim.Wright

Formula None wrote:Also, is this upside-down single keel suspension setup pretty unique? I haven't seen that at the rear before.
It pretty interesting geometry. Even though thr upper arms are longer (upside down single keel) it looks like they have still managed to get camber gain into the suspension by sloping the lower arm downward and keeping the upper one parallel to the ground.

This will unfortunately give you a higher roll centre but the losses due to this are probably (hopefully!) mitigated by the better aero performance. Possibly...

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

Formula None
Formula None

Nice perspective on the tiny gearbox:

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

AT&T Williams

CHT
CHT

read that Williams is going to introduce the RBR style exhaust system for Shanghai GP. Will that "upgrade" worth 0.5sec?

raymondu999

It depends how well it works, on their implementation, and how much that actually affects their aero. RBR's rear end is very different from Williams' nonexistent rear end configuration. Also I don't think we can actually use tenths to quantify upgrades. Most teams do, but it's rubbish IMO. I mean, something that gains you 0.5s at Monza probably wouldn't gain you 0.5s in Suzuka. Considering different corners, different straight lengths, different lap lenghs etc
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Formula None
Formula None

Looks like they were testing different radiator exit sizes (in the last two images).

Edit: clarified.
Last edited by Formula None on 30 Mar 2011, 06:23, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

Isn't it the same in the first 2 pictures?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法