Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
A13EX_f
A13EX_f

Re: Mercedes GP W02

reflection of the ceiling I think

shelly
shelly

atanatizante wrote:Why they couldn't cut the floor in front of the exhaust pipe (like RB does on the side of diffuser next to the tyre) in order to blow underneath? Or maybe partially underneath and another part upon it, like Renault does?
i think it could be a good idea if that does not compromise flow around the sidepods too much. ther is no rule related problema as log as you make a cutout in the floor and wth a curved leading edge or flat low wall you force exhaust to fin their way below the floor, as rbr, ferrari, mclaren and renault are doing in other zones of the floor
twitter: @armchair_aero

siskue2005

A13EX_f wrote:reflection of the ceiling I think
ImageImage

Hangaku

siskue2005 wrote:Images
Vortex generator! Air staller! Football damage!
Yer.

Erik Johansson
Erik Johansson

Is it just me or does this car look more and more like that early teaser picture? It´s obviously hard to see much from the teaser but the top of the sidepods looks more like these new ones than the ones from Barcelona/Melbourne I think.

Not that I want to make a big fuzz about the teaser, it´s just something that struck me all through testing. That the top of the sidepods didn´t look like in the picture. Though I didn´t think too much about it until now. :)

/Erik

Ferraripilot

wow, what are those for? Air deflection to the beam wing? I like it.

raymondu999

Ferraripilot wrote:wow, what are those for? Air deflection to the beam wing? I like it.
you mean a-la MP4-26?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Ferraripilot

Precisely. Their version of course.

horse

+1
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

adrianjordan

horse wrote:
+1
as later photos made clear the photo was taken outside...so "the ceiling" was the sky...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ferraripilot

The more I compare to other pics, I believe it is just a reflection or sorts.

madly
madly

MB logo is not painted.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Ferraripilot wrote:The more I compare to other pics, I believe it is just a reflection or sorts.
Compare the pics posted by siskue2005, those shots were taken from completely different directions, but both have exactly the same "reflection" on exactly the same position? Come on :roll:

wesley123
wesley123

Ganxxta wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:The more I compare to other pics, I believe it is just a reflection or sorts.
Compare the pics posted by siskue2005, those shots were taken from completely different directions, but both have exactly the same "reflection" on exactly the same position? Come on :roll:
If you look good you can clearly see the reflection of the metal bar holding the parts...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

wesley123 wrote: If you look good you can clearly see the reflection of the metal bar holding the parts...
Not denying it^^, but that lowered part is hardly only a reflection. We'll see :D

If it's not a reflection, then its interesting what the benefits are.

Edit: Some HighRes pics would be nice :)