Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Mercedes GP W02

i don´t see it like that.
W02 did not perform in Races so far ,the one they got everything together was the one with a fuel miscalculation.
Speed wise in Qualy they seem to be ok or soso but pointwise they do suffer simply because of Vettel and Hamilton bringing the car home with a lot more points than last year and Ferrari having no engine issues this year.Canada is not camparable to many tracks so if the car does not perform here you might be able to make a forecast for Monza but thats it.last year even this was not the case.
I still believe we will see some sudden surprise when the car unexplainably works.It´s not the car is slow it´s the team not understanding how to keep it at optimum performance.
to threaten the humans with getting fired is perhaps not a productive way now and in all honesty firing people does not improve anything.You need better ones to replace them as well.AND you need them work as a team.

mep

Marcush are you sure what you say there?
When you say its not the car that is slow but the team not being able to keep it at optimum performance then you protect the designers of the car and blame the track engineers for the misfortune. I am pretty sure this is unfair towards them.
The car is a lame duck there is no doubt about that. It’s even visually appealing because it lacks innovation. It’s not even so as there is any change in sight. The team told us this will be changed for the first race and then they told it will be changed for Barcelona but until now nothing has changed. It was just a blatantly lie into our faces. They think we are stupid and will not notice that or have no idea about it. It’s the typical Haug behaviour and something I really can’t stand.
Sure you need good guys in your team but will you get them when you just demand a “can do attitude” in your job offers?
With their “can do attitude” they dream of better days of the silver arrow meanwhile they are two laps behind the leaders and can’t even go Redbull’s pace when they are on really old tires whereas they can’t even drive 10 laps on the same tires.
What a harsh wakeup to reality.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mep,

Look at Ferrari with Byrne, 200 million a season Brawn and Schumacher, it took them 5 years. Red bull with Newey and loadsa cash, 6 years.
Please take Giblets advice and refer to technical aspects of the car and not wether the engineers are any good or not.

My prediction is the W02 will surprise you this weekend.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Tozza Mazza

There are a lot of people here who won't like this one little bit!

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/06/10/merce ... -2012-car/

JohnsonsEvilTwin

"We’re working on it, and everything that we put in now could be very important for next year."
They are using this years car to understand next years. All teams are doing that.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Giblet
Giblet

Again, stick the car. Do I really have to tell you Haug's physique is not related to the car? grow up.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Tozza Mazza wrote:There are a lot of people here who won't like this one little bit!

http://www.yallaf1.com/2011/06/10/merce ... -2012-car/
They did that last year and it worked so well they are doing it again, :roll:

mep

Hey this time I did stick to the car because I just said that it is the car that is bad and not the team beeing unable to get it working.
It is a badly designed car otherwise they could solve their problems.

Giblet wrote:Again, stick the car. Do I really have to tell you Haug's physique is not related to the car? grow up.
Grow up???
I take this as a insult by you (a mod) because it implies that I am a child.
Do you think thats ok?

Edit: I never made any comment about Haugs physic. I don't care about such things.
Last edited by mep on 10 Jun 2011, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
andrew

I think he is meaning that commenting on Haug's rather portly physique is not appropriate technical discussion, when viewed in a negative way.

Poking fun at a fatty is not the actions of a mature and intelligent adult is the message.

I wouldn't take any insult from being told to grow up, if you're making fun of Haug's stature.

siskue2005

any new updates on the car?
or is it the same?

Tozza Mazza

This car while a looker, is letting it's fans down, and is not the best in any field, bar its engine, and even then Mclaren and their engine maps are getting more out of it! Waiting till next year is going to get them nowhere, and the early promise the W02 showed is now just a distant memory. Mercedes need to up their game, and fast, or I can see heads rolling and the project being sold on in a few years.
mep wrote:Hey this time I did stick to the car because I just said that it is the car that is bad and not the team beeing unable to get it working.
It is a badly designed car otherwise they could solve their problems.

Giblet wrote:Again, stick the car. Do I really have to tell you Haug's physique is not related to the car? grow up.
Grow up???
I take this as a insult by you (a mod) because it implies that I am a child.
Do you think thats ok?
Mep, it was aimed at me, because I said something about Mr Haug's shape, in semi context to the car, yet it was most probably unnecessary, and slightly irrelevant, as Mr Haug's shape has very little to do with the car itself. Sorry for the confusion the removed posts have caused!

dren

It makes sense to do what the team is doing. Fix the issues with this car now so they don't drag them into next year. Seems like mainly cooling issues and rear tire wear.

Button is quoted as saying he believes the W02 DRS and engine will make it Mclaren's main rival in Canada, not Red Bull. Interesting...
Honda!

dren

Honda!

Tozza Mazza

that guy was is standing there all day to hide the FEE. or not :lol:

andrew
andrew

Tozza Mazza wrote:... as Mr Haug's shape has very little to do with the car itself. Sorry for the confusion the removed posts have caused!
Very little?! That much?