Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Hangaku

Re: Ferrari F2012

Not convinced that it was a reflection. Now, undecided:

Yer.

bhall
bhall

amouzouris wrote: that's what i thought at the beginning but is it really??? ...on both sides of the car??? and its a colour found nowhere on the car...

EDIT: by both sides of the car i meant that the photos are shot from two different angles so there is different lighting...
Indeed. Angles will behave as angles do.

Folks, they're reflections.

Froggolo
Froggolo

shelly wrote:I see two bulges on the low sidepod,under the acer writing that I did not notice before. Are they real -i.e not a trick of the light? Are thy really new or were thay already there from Jerez?

noticed them too
and i am pretty sure they weren't there before,
maybe they tried to make the rear side tighter,
in a photo above, it seems there is some sign of heat on this bulges too, but that could be a reflection.

Instead doesn't seem a reflection to me the colour of the floor under the sidepods
beside the rear tires,
but can't get what it is,
maybe some heat sensitive paint, to get the exhaust effect on that area?
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

bhall
bhall

They were there before. I noticed them at Jerez, and it made me think the car was melting its bodywork somehow.

Froggolo
Froggolo

bhallg2k wrote:They were there before. I noticed them at Jerez, and it made me think the car was melting its bodywork somehow.
thx for the info :wink:
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

Hangaku

Indeed, the so-called "reflection" does appear to be lined up nicely with the exhaust. How coincidental :lol:
Yer.

raymondu999

I actually think that's reflecting the rear wing now; looking at it. It's like a white color reflected on a not-so-white reflective surface
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

With all due respect, reflections don't really get much more obvious than that.

I understand wanting to see new things pop up, be they innovations or otherwise. But sometimes (often) things really are just as they appear.

Mr.G

amouzouris wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:
amouzouris wrote:notice that weird colour on the floor just below the sidepod...what is it caused by??
Light. It's a reflection.
that's what i thought at the beginning but is it really??? ...on both sides of the car??? and its a colour found nowhere on the car...
It's the reflection of the Shell logo.

EDIT - now I look better and that shouldn't be Shell logo #-o
Last edited by Mr.G on 21 Feb 2012, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Hangaku

bhallg2k wrote:With all due respect, reflections don't really get much more obvious than that.

I understand wanting to see new things pop up, be they innovations or otherwise. But sometimes (often) things really are just as they appear.
I beg to differ. Without knowing the light source, or the location of the surface that the light is reflecting from, you cannot be one hundred percent certain. We can only speculate what is causing the floor to change in such a fashion.

That said, there does appear to be red mixed in with the white, along with possibly some yellow (from maybe a Shell logo), and on the second zoomed image, you can also see a bleed of light color on the back edge of the sidepod, implying that it might be a reflection.

However, it's not 100% :P
Yer.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Nothing is ever 100%

But it's still a reflection.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Closer shot of the exhaust

raymondu999

Does the exhaust actually go downwards tehn U turn up? They have to point some 10-30 degrees to the horizontal IIRC.

And Good Lord Crucial... do you and Pierce89 have to have the same avatar? Made me do a double take on who was posting the message :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bhall
bhall

No, this is 1,000% a reflection. That's all it is, and that's all it will ever be.

The sun is illuminating the white paint on the rear wing, and the glossy floor is reflecting that light.

C'mon, this is really up for debate?

bhall
bhall

raymondu999 wrote:Does the exhaust actually go downwards tehn U turn up? They have to point some 10-30 degrees to the horizontal IIRC.
Ferrari seem to be trying to counteract that rule by using the airflow over the sidepod to push the exhaust plume down.