Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bhall
bhall

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

What's going on with this tire wear? (Or is it much ado about nothing?)

(Click to enlarge)

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

bhallg2k wrote:What's going on with this tire wear? (Or is it much ado about nothing?)
clockwise circuit??

raymondu999

Well the front left would probably be "squashed" more there under body roll.... And BCN is a circuit that eats front left tyres for breakfast.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KingHamilton
KingHamilton

How do we know that the tyre`s aren`t used from another stint hence why the tyre on the left is more worn out!

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

bhallg2k wrote:What's going on with this tire wear? (Or is it much ado about nothing?)

(Click to enlarge)

Ferrari and RB too are this kind of problem

Germanengineering

It looks like Mclaren found a loophole in in the rules. The nose of the car is the first thing I noticed that was different from the other teams. What kind of advantage will they have being more aerodynamic?
People don't understand that it was maybe my biggest pleasure to drive an F1 car when it's wet. - Alain Prost

beelsebob
beelsebob

Germanengineering wrote:It looks like Mclaren found a loophole in in the rules. The nose of the car is the first thing I noticed that was different from the other teams. What kind of advantage will they have being more aerodynamic?
What loophole are you alluding to?

Germanengineering

beelsebob wrote:
Germanengineering wrote:It looks like Mclaren found a loophole in in the rules. The nose of the car is the first thing I noticed that was different from the other teams. What kind of advantage will they have being more aerodynamic?
The nose design.
People don't understand that it was maybe my biggest pleasure to drive an F1 car when it's wet. - Alain Prost

beelsebob
beelsebob

Germanengineering wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
The nose design.
Not really a loophole – after all, McLaren have had this exact nose design for the past several years, the FIA just deliberately made it permissible.

Several analysts consider the lower nose a severe disadvantage aerodynamically, not an advantage.

Richard
Richard

Re: McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

A little reminder
mx_tifoso wrote:Just as a heads up, official car threads will be very closely moderated. Please do your best to bring or discuss informative matters about the car, otherwise set up a team thread if there isn't one as of now.
Fan posts have been moved to :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=312524#p312524

PlatinumZealot

Germanengineering wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
The nose design.
Just by chance their nose design meets the 2012 regulations so they kept it that way.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Pup
Pup

Well the line here is very fine, and makes a big detour around Alonso and Ferrari. Plus it gives Richard something to do. He's new and we'd like him to feel useful you know. He'll enjoy moving these posts as well I'd think. :wink:

Richard
Richard

Thanks Pup, I'll put it into my newly acquired moderator process map for car threads.

Is the comment about mineral, not animal or vegetable?

Does it have 4 wheels?

Is it the same colour as the pic on page 1?

If no to any of the above then delete.

Shrieker

Seems just about right 8)

Back on topic:

Whitmarsh said before the launch that they weren't afraid to take risks with the Mp4-27, but looking at the car (after what - 6 days ?) on the track, it seems to be a very conventional and safe design. I fear that might not be the recipe to challenge the bulls consistently.

What do you guys think ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

NoDivergence
NoDivergence

Externally it looks simple, but I'm sure internally it's very very optimized compared to last year. Both in terms of internal aerodynamics (routing hot air out), mechanical components, and packaging are probably much better than the MP4-26