Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F2012

Ferrari used a new floor yesterday in Quali

Original High-Res

bitbp
bitbp

Did they raced with the qualy floor from yesterday?

Teechnical

Back to Teechnicality, (pun) a Redbull-esque tunnel in Silverstone on the F2012?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

f300v10
f300v10

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Ferrari used a new floor yesterday in Quali

Original High-Res
I also think there are changes to the floor in the diffuser area, adjacent to the rear tires. If you look close in the photo you attached you can see the blue paint from the ground visible to the right of the rear tire. There appears to be a cut out in the edge of the diffuser/floor where I assume they are trying to allow the exhaust to pass under the floor and into the diffuser. What this there before and I just never noticed?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

f300v10 wrote:
I also think there are changes to the floor in the diffuser area, adjacent to the rear tires. If you look close in the photo you attached you can see the blue paint from the ground visible to the right of the rear tire. There appears to be a cut out in the edge of the diffuser/floor where I assume they are trying to allow the exhaust to pass under the floor and into the diffuser. What this there before and I just never noticed?
It may be a little different, but not sure. Need to look at more pictures. Here's one from Canada and you can see there's a gap there. Will look at more to see how much it's changed if at all.

f300v10
f300v10

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
f300v10 wrote:
It may be a little different, but not sure. Need to look at more pictures. Here's one from Canada and you can see there's a gap there. Will look at more to see how much it's changed if at all.
I think the slot is the same, I just didn't notice it when they ran it in Canada.

Dream Theater

During the race, the Italian RAI TV commentators said that some engineers and mechanics of the Scuderia Ferrari will not come back to Maranello, because the next week they will test with Marc Genè some new components for Silverstone and Hockenheim. I only forgot if they said that the test will be in the Valencia permanent circuit or somewhere else.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Dream Theater wrote:During the race, the Italian RAI TV commentators said that some engineers and mechanics of the Scuderia Ferrari will not come back to Maranello, because the next week they will test with Marc Genè some new components for Silverstone and Hockenheim. I only forgot if they said that the test will be in the Valencia permanent circuit or somewhere else.
Its a straight line test so i cant be anywhere

F1.Ru

Guys some detail pic of F2012 Exhasut think u guys like those pic...........

Normal View

More detailed with Rad exit

Top View which is awesome in my opinion.........

Larger point of view

and some pic of the FW endplate

FW mounted Camera

and my fav as a Tifosi........

Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Lycoming
Lycoming

How long have they been using that endplate design for? IIRC, they're getting more ambitious in that area compared to the start of the year.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Lycoming wrote:How long have they been using that endplate design for? IIRC, they're getting more ambitious in that area compared to the start of the year.
They started with that style towards the end of last year. It doesn't look like they're moving too far away from it either. Below was the new RW they brought to Valencia. Fry said it needs more work & will try it again at Silverstone.

radosav
radosav

is this normal angle of front wing?

jaba.hut

I have seen this FW "rake" on RB wings. I don't think that in regulations it is written that end plates has to be parallel to the ground.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

The image is taken at an angle, so consider that before thinking about the angle of the wing itself.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

wesley123
wesley123

Nothing special at all really. The front wing has to be parralel to the reference plane, and it is so it seems
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender