Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Ferrari F2012

The French wing is in background. Was it ever tested in free practice?
I wonder how the French test was seemingly wasted.

Sevach
Sevach

The new endplate kinda reminds me of that one wing they tested, tested and tested some more... but never ran.

Hopefully they fixed it.

markp
markp

raymondu999 wrote:Image
To my eye those look like intakes rather than exhausts. Or is perspective playing tricks on me?
The 2 large shark gills?

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

markp wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:To my eye those look like intakes rather than exhausts. Or is perspective playing tricks on me?
The 2 large shark gills?
Been there most of the season.
Last edited by Richard on 25 Oct 2012, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

shelly
shelly

In the picture above the footplate detail before the rear wheel is very interesting. they have pushed the ruels to the limit a la rbr by adding a radiused area and they have brought the external part of the footplate as close as possible to the wheel, almost touching it. Good exploitation of a rule loophole
twitter: @armchair_aero

aleks_ader

nhojekim wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: To my eye those look like intakes rather than exhausts. Or is perspective playing tricks on me?

Yeah..it looks more like intakes....hmmmm what's going on ferrari...
You mean this additional/"conditional" cooling hole... on that pic below (Korean GP) is in "cold" (aprox. T = 293 K) weather covered with small plate...

Last edited by Richard on 25 Oct 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from post above
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

alogoc
alogoc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A6DxomfCIAEnG6J.jpg:large

they are the holes for the nuts to bolt the wing to the floor, they're usually covered with tape(@ScarbsF1)
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Forza

F2012 with removed floor (thanks to Scarabs who noticed this one).

markp
markp

Consider&Go wrote:
markp wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:To my eye those look like intakes rather than exhausts. Or is perspective playing tricks on me?
The 2 large shark gills?
Been there most of the season.
I know I am struggling to see what holes members are saying is an intake or outtake all the holes present have been there for ages. The one at the side of the exhaust is always seen in pre race pics but is covered as well sometimes.

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

markp wrote:I know I am struggling to see what holes members are saying is an intake or outtake all the holes present have been there for ages. The one at the side of the exhaust is always seen in pre race pics but is covered as well sometimes.
Hi, maybe the holes pabloeing and huntresa refer to could be the ones encircled and pointed in this picture:

Just a guess.

I don't think it's DDRS á la Red Bull, but maybe some kind of passive F-duct?

thisisatest
thisisatest

i believe those holes circled are holes to access the mounting screws or nuts. they fasten vertically to the beam wing and to the floor. the car has these on other parts, such as the turning vanes by the radiator intakes.
(pic borrowed from the previous page)

Hail22

Ummm is it me or do I see adjustable louvers on the rear diffuser?!

WHAT THE?!?!
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

enz0
enz0

Massa was out on track with flow-viz on his car

Forza

India - Fp1

Also
BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson
"Ferrari have two different rear wings here and they're back-to-backing that. But they've just done a straight-line test so they really should know which is best. I call that wasting time at a race meeting. They also have two different front wings here. Now, they're a bit more tricky to be sure about." BBC
Last edited by Forza on 26 Oct 2012, 07:55, edited 1 time in total.

jonaliew
jonaliew

According to Sky Sports, we are running the new RW + FW in the last 8 minutes in FP1. All the new stuff in Fernando ferrari.