2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2012 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

RB_[Gnx] wrote:Every Alonso Fan is waiting for a Grid Drop :mrgreen:
Both Tifosi and McLaren fans are looking to it, the way I see it... Red Bull has been forgiven way too many times this season, the biggest indulgence came in Germany, if it doesn't stop, then F1 is loosing it's purpose of determining the best driver/car package per season.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

rssh

Cylinder wrote:
rssh wrote: I think you are getting ahead of yourself here , firstly let us know what the problem is then we can argue what is the right kind of penalty .
Forget what the "problem" is.

Step 1 is this.

Was there enough fuel in the car when it stopped so that a sample could have been produced to the FIA, if it had completed the in lap.

Is there is any doubt over this, then he's needs to go to the back.
Thats what I exactly wrote forget mechanical problem 1st check fuel level

FoxHound

Here is the piece I posted on earlier.

http://www.forumula1.com/news/ferrari-a ... bulls-car/

And Red bull responded with a this:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103958?

Which amusingly, none of the teams have been using!
JET set

turbof1

I am getting here alot of people insinuating that as long as the driver has 0.5 liter + fuel for one lap on board, it is ok to pull over. That is incorrect: you need to make it back to the pits; if you don't you need to provide enough proof that the driver was forced to pull over due a technical issue. So
#AeroFrodo

LionKing
LionKing

rssh wrote:
Cylinder wrote:
rssh wrote: I think you are getting ahead of yourself here , firstly let us know what the problem is then we can argue what is the right kind of penalty .
Forget what the "problem" is.

Step 1 is this.

Was there enough fuel in the car when it stopped so that a sample could have been produced to the FIA, if it had completed the in lap.

Is there is any doubt over this, then he's needs to go to the back.
Thats what I exactly wrote forget mechanical problem 1st check fuel level
Vettel will not get Lewis's SPAIN penalty IF he has enough fuel to complete the in lap and fuel sample for FIA.

He might get a penalty depending on if and what get changed in the car.

stefan_
stefan_

F1 Fanatic ‏@f1fanatic_co_uk

RT @tedkravitz: Still on the Vettel trail - He just emerged from stewards smiling along with Renault and Red Bull engineers.. More soon
That is pretty much self explanatory.

My predicion is: the bulls WCC after tomorrow's race and Vettel WDC after Austin.
Last edited by stefan_ on 03 Nov 2012, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mzivtins
mzivtins

turbof1 wrote:I am getting here alot of people insinuating that as long as the driver has 0.5 liter + fuel for one lap on board, it is ok to pull over. That is incorrect: you need to make it back to the pits; if you don't you need to provide enough proof that the driver was forced to pull over due a technical issue. So

What thread are you reading? nobody posting here is confused about the fuel sample rule... thank you for the explanation but it will fall on deaf ears as your explanation of the rule is wrong because 0.5litres is not enough to meet the requirements... oopsy for you!

Cylinder
Cylinder

turbof1 wrote:I am getting here alot of people insinuating that as long as the driver has 0.5 liter + fuel for one lap on board, it is ok to pull over. That is incorrect:
That's not whats been insinuated at all.

What's being said is, before everyone starts drinking the red bull kool-aid and talking about broken Alternators and what mechanical failure may or may not have cause the car stop. Fuel levels are the very 1st thing that need to be checked, if it turns out the red bull was low on fuel and wouldn't have been able to provide a sample had they not have pulled over....in my view, all talk of mechanical failure is pointless and Vettel needs to go the back.

Cylinder
Cylinder

stefan_ wrote:

RT @tedkravitz: Still on the Vettel trail - He just emerged from stewards smiling along with Renault and Red Bull engineers.. More soon

My predicion is: the bulls WCC after tomorrow's race and Vettel WDC after Austin.
Will be interesting to hear how they got out of this one, they are like Teflon, nothing ever seems to stick to them, but hey fair play to them.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

stefan_ wrote:

Dammit, I was hoping for a fuel issue

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

turbof1 wrote:I am getting here alot of people insinuating that as long as the driver has 0.5 liter + fuel for one lap on board, it is ok to pull over. That is incorrect: you need to make it back to the pits; if you don't you need to provide enough proof that the driver was forced to pull over due a technical issue. So
The FIA require the cars to have 1KG of fuel at the end of Quali and the Race for fuel Chromatography Analysis.

Thats the rule interpretation i was led into. Hamilton was rumoured to have 0.917 to 0.928grammes seemingly in Spain, but no confirmation of these figures exists from a trusted source.

LionKing
LionKing

ESPImperium wrote:
The FIA require the cars to have 1KG of fuel at the end of Quali and the Race for fuel Chromatography Analysis.

Thats the rule interpretation i was led into. Hamilton was rumoured to have 0.917 to 0.928grammes seemingly in Spain, but no confirmation of these figures exists from a trusted source.
Is it 1Kg or 1 liter? I believe the latter.

Hamilton had 1.3 liters of fuel which would not have been enough to return to pits and give the fuel sample.

Lurk

turbof1 wrote:I am getting here alot of people insinuating that as long as the driver has 0.5 liter + fuel for one lap on board, it is ok to pull over. That is incorrect: you need to make it back to the pits; if you don't you need to provide enough proof that the driver was forced to pull over due a technical issue.
True except it is 1 liter and only necessary fuel to finish your inlap. You can stop your car 10m before the pitlane with only 1.1l onboard without facing penalty if you had a genuine technical issue.

Talking about penalty, I don't get what it is so difficult for some to understand:
- not enough fuel: DSQ
- gearbox change: 5 place penalty
- engine change: no penalty except if you mount your 9th fresh engine (10 place penalty). Engine which was replaced could not be used during qualifying session or race anymore.
- driver change: err... nevermind, qualifying are over.
- anything else : no penalty

NathanOlder

He would leave smiling regardless, but its not looking good for you Alonso fans.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

LionKing wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:

Is it 1Kg or 1 liter? I believe the latter.

Hamilton had 1.3 liters of fuel which would not have been enough to return to pits and give the fuel sample.
Everything is in Kilos in the rules i believe, remember the fuel is measured in KG, remember back to 2009 and the fuel weights.