Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
adam2003
adam2003

Re: Ferrari F2012

alogoc wrote:Is there anything new at all?
Yeah some things i think as they said they was bringing updates have to wait further into weekend for people to find them or for ferrari to say

alogoc
alogoc

Isn't the car that is going to scrutineering required to have all new parts bolted on?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Richard
Richard

alogoc wrote:Isn't the car that is going to scrutineering required to have all new parts bolted on?
That'll be hard if they have 2 or 3 different wings to bolt on, perhaps a couple of floors, or maybe various dampers and brake pads to try out.

ten_marco
ten_marco

Gentlemen.
The photos of the car is the car number 6 of Felipe Massa.
The car will have updates is the number 5 car of Fernando Alonso, because he is competing for the championship. In Abu Dahbi just saw the updates before PF1, and updates will show up today, it is not mandatory to show everything that is on Thursday. What is required is that all the new parts of the car are inspected before the race and graded by the FIA​​, either on Thursday or on Friday. I better not see anything up until now, because half the world that makes the internet course aerodynamics are not speculating anything.
Ps.: The level of the blog greatly improved, for even 3 races ago that had speculation about possible new parts were worthy of the Star Wars movies.

=D>

raymondu999

ten_marco wrote:Ps.: The level of the blog greatly improved, for even 3 races ago that had speculation about possible new parts were worthy of the Star Wars movies.
You should read the preseason Ferrari F2012 speculation thread :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

This is new. Not even FIAT does something like this.

What's going on? Are they glueing the parts with chewing gum? :wtf:

aral
aral

C Plinius Secundus wrote:This is new. Not even FIAT does something like this.

Looks just like transit damage.

adam2003
adam2003

You know the areo flaps in the pic don't know what they are called. they look at different angles , say for example they was 1mm higher angel would it disrupt the airflow are all the areo pieces engineered to be within 100percent or can their be less than 1mm tolerance on the angles that deflect air? Sorry if it doesn't make much sence what i am trying to ask

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

gilgen wrote:

Yes, it could be transit damage. But even in that case, they could use some product like Loctite Hysol 9340 or similar… not chewing gum, mylar tape, or whatever they're using. It looks unprofessional (and probably works alike)

aleks_ader

gilgen wrote:

adam2003 wrote:

You know the areo flaps in the pic don't know what they are called. they look at different angles , say for example they was 1mm higher angel would it disrupt the airflow are all the areo pieces engineered to be within 100percent or can their be less than 1mm tolerance on the angles that deflect air? Sorry if it doesn't make much sence what i am trying to ask
No its just "transit" protection...

Last edited by aleks_ader on 16 Nov 2012, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

adam2003 wrote:

They're usually called "rear brake duct fins", and AFAIK, as far as the area of the fins is within the maximum value, the angle is free.

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

adam2003 wrote:

They're usually called "rear brake duct fins", and AFAIK, as far as the area of the fins is within the maximum value, the angle is free.

C Plinius Secundus
C Plinius Secundus

aleksandergreat wrote:
gilgen wrote:

adam2003 wrote:

No its just "transit" protection...

Well spotted!

adam2003
adam2003

They're usually called "rear brake duct fins", and AFAIK, as far as the area of the fins is within the maximum value, the angle is free.[/quote]

Ok. I mean in general like the front wing angles they create that feed air to the next areo device on the car has it got to be exact the angles it flows off , their is no tolerance of 0.1mm for example?

suburbano
suburbano

suburbano wrote:The good news is that maybe the DRS won't make such big difference in qualifying because with all those corners there isn't really a lot of room to use it freely.
I correct myself. Seeing the drivers navigate those corners in FP1 I'm starting to fear that the RB might do them with the DRS open while the rest of the pack won't have enough downforce. Now that would be scary #-o