Lotus E21 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Donuts

Re: Lotus E21 Renault

Looks as thou Lotus GP are comfortable with just making their time fine tuning(since the start of testing), but looks can be deciving. It might just be that Kimi Raikkonen is one picky driver.

They are sticking with the same(?) exhaust solution, so that's got to be step one in achivment for the start of this season.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

Neno
Neno

Donuts wrote:Looks as thou Lotus GP are comfortable with just making their time fine tuning(since the start of testing), but looks can be deciving. It might just be that Kimi Raikkonen is one picky driver.

They are sticking with the same(?) exhaust solution, so that's got to be step one in achivment for the start of this season.
what specialy looks good is after their taking time, when they go on track they look good and fast. but they dont run much long stints, is it hiding a pace or they have some problems i dont know :|

kwanchepan
kwanchepan

should be different main inlet?
Jerez type
Barcelona Type

korzeniow
korzeniow

There is something inside the airbox!

Good spot @kwanchepan =D>
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

Polishboy808
Polishboy808

This is just a thought, but could that be the actual monocoque showing? In other words, could they have brought a new car, but not new bodywork? It sounds kind of crazy, but that doesn't look like it would be a permanent solution.

The only other option I could imagine would be that they copied the Ferrari idea (separate cooling of the gearbox), but just made two inlets out of one.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they do with it over the test.

korzeniow
korzeniow

more photos from today's test:

It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
February 5, 2013

Kansas
Kansas

1 hour and 30 minutes left...........

27 laps so far...........far from being productive!!

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

Lotus is using chassis number 2.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Neno
Neno

MarkedOne8 wrote:Lotus is using chassis number 2.
Ofcourse, they used that procedure last year. They make new chassis for first Barcelona test, last year they had suspension problem on new chassis but i think they are okay this year. I can think low number of laps is because of new chassis, getting everything work okay for first time needs to be solved first, after that you can make some aero and setup devoloping. it's just lotus program in one hand, having two chassis ready for melbourne.

In one hand i am confident that low number of laps dose not means problems, just they are confident enough in performances and gains they show in 2-3 laps on track. with this kind of program you can make good progress and save couple of sets of tires for later days.

Forza

F1 test 02 - Barcelona - day 1

korzeniow
korzeniow

Why they stick with this old rear wing from last season? It's not even the newest one from 2012.

Shouldn't it be the time to introduce new parts?
February 5, 2013

wesley123
wesley123

korzeniow wrote:Why they stick with this old rear wing from last season? It's not even the newest one from 2012.

Name a team that has a new wing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

korzeniow
korzeniow

wesley123 wrote:
korzeniow wrote:Why they stick with this old rear wing from last season? It's not even the newest one from 2012.

Sauber
February 5, 2013

amouzouris

wesley123 wrote:

Ferrari....Sauber...out the top of my head

I know what you mean but you didnt say it correctly..
New parts will be introduced towards the end of this test and on the next test...there is setup work and reliability work to be done first

wesley123
wesley123

korzeniow wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

Sauber
Yes I know that, point was that barely anyone brings updates and first try to understand the car it's basis.

Also, why should they bring a new rear wing? If it works, why change it? I think we will see more exhaust changes than rear wing changes, certainly on hings as rear wing profiles teams tend to perfect that thing and not change it that often anymore.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender