2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
wunderkind
wunderkind

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

OppositeLock wrote::twisted: F1 is truly a shark tank. :twisted: Helmut Marko gets a dagger in. "it's not like at Mercedes where there is a clear number one!" :twisted:
Helmut Marko is the dark force at RedBull.

sjns
sjns

JMN wrote:What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?
RTL just said it means Car 2 before car 1. Multi12 the other way around. Sounds logical...

siskue2005

Lost a lot respect for Vettel today (as his fan)
he didnt need to do this, as the team clearly said them to turn the engine down and he acted like a spoiled brat

Joie de vivre

He meant that team told Mark not to race too hard because Vettel won't overtake him ... what happened? Vettel overtook him. If they wouldn't tell him to chill he would probably race harder and Vettel wouldn't stand a chance to overtake him.

myurr
myurr

1158 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:why didnt Alonso pit ??? :?
the team was ready!...it was his decision i think...if he wanted to come in like he did at Melbourne he would have
i think he was hoping for a SC? or for the track to dry out
anyways it was a stupid decision

I wonder if he was hoping to go 1 more lap then switch to slicks. It was still too wet after the first lap, he would have had to go with inters.
Or if he'd been able to make it round another lap then maybe his fresher inters would have at least given him a bit of an edge over the cars around him. Field spread would have helped as well. One lap difference probably wasn't enough.

iotar__

Fuel saving, R. Brawn with despicable team orders, and pairs of team-mates finishing together, sounds like "pure racing" Bridgestone era. Surprisingly we didn't get five or so pitstops as "experts" on Sky predicted before the season (quickly corrected by Symonds).

I always said that beneath misleading teddy bear appearance Ross Brawn is one of the most ruthless people in F1. Undeservedly it was always Todt that was getting all the blame ("you say it Jean, I'm the nice guy"). Now it's time for Barrichello 2009 moment, when they lost him a race and somehow put Button ahead of him. Next time Rosberg won't know what hits him.

Grosjean had too good of a race, despite getting B spec car second time in a row in practice sessions. As a punishment he's going to get updates five races later now. What a joke Lotus is, shooting themselves in the foot constantly. What were they thinking? That they're going to have one stop advantage and Raikkonen not having to do any actual racing for the rest of the season? They should ditch idiotic only one driver exists policy quickly. Fat chance.

myurr
myurr

sjns wrote:
JMN wrote:What did Webber mean with "Yeah Seb, multi-21"?
RTL just said it means Car 2 before car 1. Multi12 the other way around. Sounds logical...
Oooh, yeah that makes more sense than my theory.

hendrix
hendrix

zeph wrote:Webber telling it like it is!

But it is hard to argue with the way Vettel took off after the overtake...
Hard to argue why Webber was with hard tyres in the last pit stop

zeph
zeph

Horner's answer is pretty unequivocal. Vettel screwed Webber.

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Great driving by Bianchi too. Beat both Carterhams again.

I think team orders always spoil a race. But every team has done it. None of them have a clean record.

I was kinda hoping for Vettel to take out himself and Webber leaving it a Merc 1-2. Would have taught Vettel a lesson and Horner would probably react more strongly.

Shrieker

Multi 21 Seb... Multi 21 :lol: I'm surprised Mark fXXXng thought even for a moment that team orders would work in his favor as well.

On the other hand, we see Ross Brawn doing what twitmarsh couldn't and wouldn't do for Hamilton. Exactly the reason he moved from McLaren.

Hamilton should be fXXXng ashamed for confusing pit boxes. Is that how he repays for the team's commitment in him ? Maybe he should've been shafted in favor of Rosberg that time.
Last edited by Shrieker on 24 Mar 2013, 12:38, edited 3 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

myurr wrote:
1158 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:why didnt Alonso pit ??? :?
the team was ready!...it was his decision i think...if he wanted to come in like he did at Melbourne he would have
i think he was hoping for a SC? or for the track to dry out
anyways it was a stupid decision

I wonder if he was hoping to go 1 more lap then switch to slicks. It was still too wet after the first lap, he would have had to go with inters.
Or if he'd been able to make it round another lap then maybe his fresher inters would have at least given him a bit of an edge over the cars around him. Field spread would have helped as well. One lap difference probably wasn't enough.
Yeah, even when Vet went to his slicks it was probably a lap early. I wonder if Alonso was hoping to make it several laps.

zeph
zeph

bhallg2k wrote:
Joie de vivre wrote:Everyone is looking after tyres. And then no one is allowed to race at maximum.

This ain't F1, it's just faster GP2. I'm pissed right now.
Strong personalities under contrived circumstances? It's a reality show. A very, very expensive reality show.

I think you're onto something here...

OppositeLock
OppositeLock

stefan_ wrote:I don't understand why did they keep Alonso out. That FW had no chance to resist under the loads of the two straights.

Vettel's behaviour is pure s**t.
Massa was great today. Bottas had a good race too, Bianchi again very good.
I thought there was a rule about driving with obvious damage. Alonso put all the drivers at risk. He was lucky to lose the front wing where he did.

Gonner
Gonner

iotar__ wrote:Fuel saving, R. Brawn with despicable team orders, and pairs of team-mates finishing together, sounds like "pure racing" Bridgestone era. Surprisingly we didn't get five or so pitstops as "experts" on Sky predicted before the season (quickly corrected by Symonds).

I always said that beneath misleading teddy bear appearance Ross Brawn is one of the most ruthless people in F1. Undeservedly it was always Todt that was getting all the blame ("you say it Jean, I'm the nice guy"). Now it's time for Barrichello 2009 moment, when they lost him a race and somehow put Button ahead of him. Next time Rosberg won't know what hits him.

Grosjean had too good of a race, despite getting B spec car second time in a row in practice sessions. As a punishment he's going to get updates five races later now. What a joke Lotus is, shooting themselves in the foot constantly. What were they thinking? That they're going to have one stop advantage and Raikkonen not having to do any actual racing for the rest of the season? They should ditch idiotic only one driver exists policy quickly. Fat chance.

I think people are putting the RB and Merc fight in the same basket a bit too fast.

Vettel didn't respect the orders. Webber has all the rights to be ashamed.

The battle between Ham and Ros was " fair " . They fought at the begininng, then they were told to stay put. Rosberg might be angry, Ham was full of dignity on the podium, they will discuss it, and when it will be the other way around, Ham will stay behind.

For Lotus; they only had updates for one car, they put it on the car that finished 1st at the last GP. I'm a Grosjean fan, but I don't see anything wrong with that...