Ferrari F138

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Re: Ferrari F138

Two good shots of the F138 floor. Note new piece in area where exhaust hits floor.

via Sutton

via Sutton

turbof1

Off topic, but kind of a quirky place to put the Hublot logo. Are their watches burn-proof?
#AeroFrodo

Kalsi
Kalsi

Well... actually i think it's a great spot for a logo to show up, just for the fact we are watching those images of the floor means the sponsor placing reached its goal :)

turbof1

That's quite a small market segment they are are targetting :P.
#AeroFrodo

donskar
donskar

Alonso hoped that the break would somehow produce positive results. Starting 9th and 10th must be quite disappointing. Unless we see a miracle tomorrow, IMHO it's time to think about next year's car.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

stefan_
stefan_

Belgium 2013 - Saturday (24.08.2013)

Last edited by stefan_ on 24 Aug 2013, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Kalsi
Kalsi

Ferrari looked good to me on track this weekend... they completely messed up the qualifying strategy AGAIN
Last year ferrari got the WORST car but pulled out everything from it
This year ferrari probably got the car with the BEST potential but pulling out almost nothing from it, it's a shame and that's why Montezemolo is so hangry...
Alonso didn't catch the checkered flag in time for another lap (wich i believe would have been very fast) and Massa was in the pits without a real clue... i dont know what is going on with this team, but even if they could win they dont deserve it anymore, and i say it as a Ferrari fan... a very sad Ferrari fan
Last edited by Kalsi on 24 Aug 2013, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

sucof

donskar wrote:Alonso hoped that the break would somehow produce positive results. Starting 9th and 10th must be quite disappointing. Unless we see a miracle tomorrow, IMHO it's time to think about next year's car.
I think this timing session did not show the true pace of the cars, Ferrari were timing their last lap pretty badly, I mean they were out too early.

Redragon

sucof wrote:
donskar wrote:Alonso hoped that the break would somehow produce positive results. Starting 9th and 10th must be quite disappointing. Unless we see a miracle tomorrow, IMHO it's time to think about next year's car.
I think this timing session did not show the true pace of the cars, Ferrari were timing their last lap pretty badly, I mean they were out too early.

I think in a qualifying of this characteristics it is unfair to blame teams about their outcome as it is more about luck. Yes they could have a bit later but maybe the rain would have increased, yes they could have go with inters from the first lap as Force india did and be in better position. None, knew exactly the outcome. Some gave the Pole to Diresta. The only thing to blame here it is luck and luck is not on Ferrari and Lotus side this time

Alonso Fan

Redragon wrote:
sucof wrote:

I think in a qualifying of this characteristics it is unfair to blame teams about their outcome as it is more about luck. Yes they could have a bit later but maybe the rain would have increased, yes they could have go with inters from the first lap as Force india did and be in better position. None, knew exactly the outcome. Some gave the Pole to Diresta. The only thing to blame here it is luck and luck is not on Ferrari and Lotus side this time
yeah, it's easy to say anything in hindsight

i think alonso and massa would have been 4th or 5th which is ok for them given their car isn't good in quali. it's good (or better) in the race.

the speed is there, they just need to make the most of it
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

wesley123
wesley123

Alonso Fan wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:is the front wing new?

i've not seen the r wings before
what r-wings?
ok maybe they're not running them here

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Fer ... 698727.jpg
The post containing that images said SILVERSTONE above it. That wing was only tried in Silverstone
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Alonso Fan

ok, ok, my mistake

i should read posts more carefully

:)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Remember THIS post about the F138 and potential diffuser stall at Silverstone after seeing Diffuser Modifications in free practice and ppl said no way??

Even though @Aero_A's take on what could be/probably happening wasn't good enough for Ringo because it wasn't an academic paper, Aero_A is still an active F1 Aerodynamicist and it seems he was indeed spot on. See below:

"In Silverstone [where he qualified an uncompetitive 10th] we understood that the peak of the performance in terms of the aerodynamics is nice to have but it is also nice to have a good and consistent downforce level throughout the corners, not only in one part of the corner.

Alonso Interview-Belgium

timbo
timbo

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Even though @Aero_A's take on what could be/probably happening wasn't good enough for Ringo because it wasn't an academic paper, Aero_A is still an active F1 Aerodynamicist and it seems he was indeed spot on.
I think he had a problem with "stalling the diffuser" bit. Aero sensitivity to pitch and yaw and often inverse relationship between peak downforce (the more the better) and aero sensitivity (the less the better) is age long dilemma.

max_speed
max_speed

Redragon wrote:
sucof wrote:

completely agree with this..its all about luck , if it wudnt have stopped raining vettel will be starting from 10th and hamilton from 8th . luck has not been supporting ferrari from past few years (cursed..) car was good and for sure in fight for top four position. my only wish for today is that weather remains wet and webber does something to overtake vettel and put him under some pressure.. if weather remains wet race would be interesting and all top teams stand a chance..