Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

apparently lotus have offered a seat to hulk for the reamaining two races...exactly what Nico now needs to raise his value methinks.
If he has any doubt -he simply is not championship material -that´s my line of thinking .this is not about money but demonstrating authority.
the question is : would Sauber "loan"him for those two races and take him back in case of Maldonado landing the lotus deal?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

hulk and his management already turned the offer down. makes me actually doubt the validity of him going there for 2014 at all.......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

marcush. wrote:apparently lotus have offered a seat to hulk for the reamaining two races...exactly what Nico now needs to raise his value methinks.
If he has any doubt -he simply is not championship material -that´s my line of thinking .this is not about money but demonstrating authority.
the question is : would Sauber "loan"him for those two races and take him back in case of Maldonado landing the lotus deal?
Eh? Hulkenberg had nothing to gain by taking the seat. The best 2014 seat available to him is the Lotus one and they've already said they want him but can't afford him without the phantom Quantum money. Step into the seat at 48 hours notice alongside Grosjean on top form and he can only end up harming his chances of finding any seat for 2014.

Just look at D'Ambrosio last season, stepping into the Lotus at short notice and being a second off the pace.
Manoah2u wrote:hulk and his management already turned the offer down. makes me actually doubt the validity of him going there for 2014 at all.......
If the Quantum money happened to materialise, Hulk gets the seat. If not, and the majority believe it won't, Maldonado gets it. Simple as that unfortunately.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:
Eh? Hulkenberg had nothing to gain by taking the seat. The best 2014 seat available to him is the Lotus one and they've already said they want him but can't afford him without the phantom Quantum money. Step into the seat at 48 hours notice alongside Grosjean on top form and he can only end up harming his chances of finding any seat for 2014.

Just look at D'Ambrosio last season, stepping into the Lotus at short notice and being a second off the pace.
I agree the dangers on stepping in now @ lotus are higher then keeping seated at sauber for those 2 races.

however, I'm not sure being a second off pace in the lotus last year wasn't more due to the sub-par qualities of D'Ambrosio to be honest.....
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Manoah2u wrote:however, I'm not sure being a second off pace in the lotus last year wasn't more due to the sub-par qualities of D'Ambrosio to be honest.....
Rob Smedley was talking to Brundle last season and claimed there was about 0.5sec covering all those on the grid. If true, and D'Ambrosio was the slowest in the grid, he was still a fair bit off the pace, understandably in a car he'd never driven before.

turbof1

Fisichella made the switch in 2009 from Force India to Ferrari midseason. Although clearly not beating Raikkonen, he did put in a good effort in a car only slightly better then the force india. Hulkenberg might not beat Grosjean, but I do believe he'll be able to do better then his current form, which is great already.

I would take it. The pro's outweight the cons. The case of D'ambrosio hardly is fair to compare: he had only experience in a car which was only very slightly better then a gp2 car, while he also was sidelined more then half a season before he got to do 1 race. Hulkenberg has much more experience, is in racing shape and has been driving with a car able to get points. On top of that Hulkenberg already drove with 3 different f1 cars, indicating he can adapt different car characteristics.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:Fisichella made the switch in 2009 from Force India to Ferrari midseason. Although clearly not beating Raikkonen, he did put in a good effort in a car only slightly better then the force india. Hulkenberg might not beat Grosjean, but I do believe he'll be able to do better then his current form, which is great already.

I would take it. The pro's outweight the cons. The case of D'ambrosio hardly is fair to compare: he had only experience in a car which was only very slightly better then a gp2 car, while he also was sidelined more then half a season before he got to do 1 race. Hulkenberg has much more experience, is in racing shape and has been driving with a car able to get points. On top of that Hulkenberg already drove with 3 different f1 cars, indicating he can adapt different car characteristics.
Fisichella ended up mixing it with the FI's whilst Raikonnen was scoring decent points hauls.

There are no pros for Hulkenberg to taking the seat as Lotus have already made their 14 decision. They want Hulkenberg but they need Maldonado's cash and only a large cash injection can help Hulkenberg get that seat. FI & Sauber already know what they're getting in Hulkenberg.

CBeck113
CBeck113

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 11309.html

Kovalainen wins the seat...at least for two races.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

turbof1

There are no pros for Hulkenberg to taking the seat as Lotus have already made their 14 decision. They want Hulkenberg but they need Maldonado's cash and only a large cash injection can help Hulkenberg get that seat. FI & Sauber already know what they're getting in Hulkenberg.
No 2014 decision has yet been taken. The quantum deal first has to be rounded up. Depending if that succeeds or fails, they might or might not take in Maldonado. But until then a decisi will not be taken.
#AeroFrodo

Kiril Varbanov

Everything points to Kovalainen, fair enough.

On the Petrov rumor - he has denied it:
Russian driver Vitaly Petrov has denied rumors that he offered his services to the Lotus final two stages of the season in 2013. However, Petrov said that if he was asked to replace Kimi Raikkonen, he would have said yes. "I did not offer anything! unclear where these rumors come from. They know my phone number, know the email address. If they call, suggested, why not? 'I would have packed up and flew away. Situation in 2014 year? I will not talk on that subject"- said in an interview Petrov RaceTime.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:
No 2014 decision has yet been taken. The quantum deal first has to be rounded up. Depending if that succeeds or fails, they might or might not take in Maldonado. But until then a decisi will not be taken.
Boullier told BBC a few weeks ago that it's Hulkenberg or Maldonado, depending on finances. It's been two weeks since the Quantum deal was claimed to be done but nothing official and rumours that many don't believe it ever will happen.

turbof1

Jonnycraig wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
Boullier told BBC a few weeks ago that it's Hulkenberg or Maldonado, depending on finances. It's been two weeks since the Quantum deal was claimed to be done but nothing official and rumours that many don't believe it ever will happen.
It is taking quite long yes. But to be honest, these 2 weeks aren't exactly good weeks to bring out any news: lotus has its hands full trying to get the deal finished, and finding a replacement. Especially the latter one is a very difficult task. It's perfectly reasonable for Lotus to stay out of the media now and work very hard at the background.

Good or bad news, we will hear it soon enough. The only thing we can savely say at this point is that no single decision, bar maybe the replacement for the next 2 races, has been taken.
#AeroFrodo

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote: It is taking quite long yes. But to be honest, these 2 weeks aren't exactly good weeks to bring out any news: lotus has its hands full trying to get the deal finished, and finding a replacement. Especially the latter one is a very difficult task. It's perfectly reasonable for Lotus to stay out of the media now and work very hard at the background.

Good or bad news, we will hear it soon enough. The only thing we can savely say at this point is that no single decision, bar maybe the replacement for the next 2 races, has been taken.
With regard Quantum, I'd suggest you take a look at the thread over on autosports forum. With regard next season, Boullier said in as many words, they want Hulkenberg but will take Maldonado if they don't get new investment.

turbof1

Jonnycraig wrote:
turbof1 wrote: It is taking quite long yes. But to be honest, these 2 weeks aren't exactly good weeks to bring out any news: lotus has its hands full trying to get the deal finished, and finding a replacement. Especially the latter one is a very difficult task. It's perfectly reasonable for Lotus to stay out of the media now and work very hard at the background.

With regard Quantum, I'd suggest you take a look at the thread over on autosports forum. With regard next season, Boullier said in as many words, they want Hulkenberg but will take Maldonado if they don't get new investment.
I have already heard that a few weeks back. Still isn't a decision (between those 2), just Bouiller mentioned an if-function.
#AeroFrodo

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Schumacher said "no", too.
Michael Schumacher turns down offer to drive for Lotus

Michael Schumacher has turned down an offer from Lotus to come out of retirement and drive in the final two races of the season.
The 44-year-old, the seven-time world champion, declined the invitation to replace the injured Kimi Raikkonen.
Raikkonen's place will now be filled by fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen, according to the Press Association.
Lotus are set to make an announcement on Thursday morning in Texas ahead of Sunday's United States Grand Prix.
"It is true they were asking and I can understand why. Everyone can see Michael is still very fit," Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm told BBC Sport.
"I think it is fair to assume Michael would still be strong but he has happily settled in his new life."
A back injury means Raikkonen will miss the race in Austin on Sunday followed by the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix in Interlagos seven days later.
The 34-year-old will drive for Ferrari, one of Schumacher's former teams, next season.
Schumacher retired in 2006 after a decade with Ferrari, but made a comeback with Mercedes in 2010.
The German retired again at the end of last season, making way for Lewis Hamilton.