2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Juzh

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

Manoah2u wrote:
dmjunqueira wrote:What do you think that this tweet from Honda Racing is suggesting?
https://twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD/sta ... 0844358657
14. Fernando Alonso

couldn't be much clearer.

-

Vettel to the Reds in 2015 imho is total media craze and just going with media flow, nothing more.
Yeah i'm quite positive either he or hamilton will end up at Ferrari soon. However, despite contracts can be
broken/paid off - first of all, Vettel has a RedBull contract. Second of all, I'm seriously doubtfull whether people
are really 'ready' to bind Seb to their team untill he's adapted or becomes level with Ricciardo.
Vettel doesn't seem to 'like' or 'fit' the 2014 style F1. He had a great performance in singapore, and i'd like to see
more of that. But it's no secret Vettel was king with the insane EBD RedBull.

Since we'll not be having that anymore, why would the Reds contract Vettel and go for huge risk?

Nah, 2015 = Raikkonen-Bianchi, 2016 will be either Vettel-Bianchi or Hamilton-Bianchi.
If Hamilton goes to Ferrari, Vettel to Mercedes. I could even see both Hamilton and Vettel at Ferrari.
This basically.

Also, if Vettel is struggling with rear end so much he goes out of his way to make sure the public knows about it, then he 'd better not even try any recent and/or future ferrrari cars.
Biggest mistake of his life imo. He's staying put.. for 2015 at least.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

extra bonus :

flippin fan crazy if 2015 Mclaren has the white-red colors [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

zeph
zeph

Bob Brown wrote:Kimi & Vettel at Ferrari will surely bring some great in-team racing. Ferrari already signed Vettel's ex-engineer from Toro Rosso.
Where have I heard that before? Right, last year, when it was reported Raikkonen was to return to Ferrari. We all thought the intra-team battle with Alonso was going to be epic.

dmjunqueira

Manoah2u wrote:
dmjunqueira wrote:What do you think that this tweet from Honda Racing is suggesting?
https://twitter.com/HondaRacing_HPD/sta ... 0844358657
14. Fernando Alonso

couldn't be much clearer.
Of course it is...They wouldn't throw this from nowhere...Not at this time.

shelly
shelly

For this Italian newspaper the split is done even if the official announcement is not out:

http://www.corriere.it/sport/speciali/2 ... dc20.shtml
twitter: @armchair_aero

zeph
zeph

Watch Raikkonen's performance improve and Alonso's deteriorate once the news is out! :twisted:

LionKing
LionKing

I think Kimi's performance had already improved in the last few races.

Richard
Richard

Of course, all this was talked about 12 months ago. Vettel to Ferrari in 2015 and Alonso to McLaren in 2015 was talked back then as if it was only a matter of waiting.

ps Button to RB does seem familiar, one genial British driver following another, ie Coulthard. However, I thought Button and his girlfriend have a personal sponsorship with Monster drinks? That'd clash with Red Bull?

pps - McLaren will probably keep Button for his marketing appeal in the UK. I feel sorry for Magnusson.

ppps - Of course all this is idle speculation. Maybe none of them will move? :o

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Right now the only person I want to hear from is Eddie Jordan, if he says alonso is gone I would tend to believe it is true

zeph
zeph

JimClarkFan wrote:Right now the only person I want to hear from is Eddie Jordan, if he says alonso is gone I would tend to believe it is true
There you go:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/29422678

Most interestingly, he says there could be a change of management at McLaren before the end of the month, which ties in with what someone else here said about Ron Dennis failing to procure sponsorship.

antsyd
antsyd

Red Bull Racing announces Vettel is leaving at the end of 14 season!

antsyd
antsyd

Kvyat to replace Vettel at Red Bull Racing in 15.

Phil

Kvyat to Redbull? With all due respect to the young russian, but he wouldnt be my choice. Highly surprising IMO. Ricciardo is young and Kvyat even younger. I would think an experienced driver would be essential...

I'm speechless if this is true...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

antsyd
antsyd

Vettel to drive for Scuderia Ferrari in 15.

void

antsyd wrote:Vettel to drive for Scuderia Ferrari in 15.
Alonso goes to McLaren?