2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Harsha
Harsha

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

mikeerfol wrote:So PitLaneTalk is a VERY reliable source on twitter after all...
Yeah Very good Source for this year :)

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Harsha
Harsha

Morteza wrote:https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/518230563899977728

So that's what happened...
WOW
Does he willingly underperformed then after some time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morteza

Harsha wrote:
Morteza wrote:https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/518230563899977728

So that's what happened...
WOW
Does he willingly underperformed then after some time :lol: :lol: :lol:
:mrgreen: You would never know :wink:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

spin1/2
spin1/2

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

franvan wrote:Hot flash, Vettel leaving Red Bull at end of this season. He will be replaced at Red Bull by Kyvat. Now the musical chairs goes into fast forward.
Vettel leaving Red Bull does not surprise me.
With Adrian Newey's departure from Red Bull, I speculate that the quality of their cars would soon drop.

Let me wait and watch, instead of getting into speculating the subsequent move of Vettel, and perhaps Alonso ?

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Hamilton guaranteed to win next season :P

Joking aside, I see neither Vettel nor Alonso can mount a challenge next year in new teams. This gives another advantage to Mercedes.

ringo

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

i feel vettel left when Alonso decided. So maybe Alonso has gone to mclaren...
With Vettel going to ferrari. He has 4 wdc so i think he wouldn't mind spending time to build ferrari and win a championship with them. In fact he may just try to follow in shumacher's footsteps with ferrari.
Or maybe he just knows that Ricciardo will be difficult to deal with.

You can imagine what is going through webber's mind as he see this...
For Sure!!

ringo

It's good for ferrari that Alonso is gone. The team didn't need him as the second team principal.
With him out there can be more focus on making faster cars and getting both cars in the best points scoring position instead of feeding his ego.
I am an Alonso fan, but i think Mattiaci being new to the team would have left Alonso feeling that the principal has to earn his respect instead of the other way around. It is good for the team leaderhsip that they have gotten rid of such distractions, and now can look to hiring drivers that understand that they drive for ferrari.
Notwithstanding, this move may not be the best to make for Alonso, i still see ferrari as a better team than Mclaren, even in the past 3 to 4 years. The chassis is consistenly competitive for podiums, not as much this year, but still more consistent than their rivals mclaren.
Mclaren must have had to show Alosno something to convince him, and Honda as well; assuming he is going to mcalren.

A real suprise would be if he went to mercedes. hahah
For Sure!!

zeph
zeph

Technically, Alonso is not going to McLaren yet. Only thing certain is that Vettel is going to Ferrari.

For all we know, Raikkonen could be out, with Ferrari rocking Alonso and Vettel.

Not that I'd think so, but just saying other than Vettel to Ferrari, nothing has been confirmed yet.

SectorOne

And Kvyat up to Red Bull. lol. Now i´m starting to believe Vergne actually might have pissed in Horner´s soup.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Phil

IMO kvyat to RedBull seems like a panic move. I cant figure why they wouldnt wait to assess what is best and available on the market. What would also be ironic is if Alonsos move to McLaren made Vettel go to Ferrari. One wonders if perhaps Alonso not rather would have gone to RedBull, which has been the team to beat since 4 seasons and the only team in 2014 to win besides Mercedes......
Last edited by Phil on 04 Oct 2014, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

FW17

If Alonso says he is staying at Ferrari does that mean they have to pay to vacate him?

has vettal been talking to toto?

spinmastermic

Kvyat to RedBull is a marketing decision.

djos

spinmastermic wrote:Kvyat to RedBull is a marketing decision.
That's quite unfair, the kids done a great job in his rookie year and shown real talent!
"In downforce we trust"

SectorOne

I wonder how much of the move was made because well it´s Ferrari and how much was Ricciardo just thriving giving Vettel some problems he never really experienced in his F1 career.

Was it really the right move?
Newey will pump out another car next year, we almost know it will be great in terms of DF.
Ferrari? I´m more inclined to believe it will be terrible then it will be good.

But i suppose RAI/VET is going to be a great comparison, soon we can roughly start connecting the dots with a lot of drivers.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"