2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mikeerfol

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alo AND Vet too!

So Ferrari will (probably) have the 2 drivers who suffered more from the rule changes? :P

CHT
CHT

Shrieker wrote:I think Ferrari are making a huge mistake. Even if they have a championship capable car (doubtful), they won't have the driver to pull it off. With a hypothetical Seb/Kimi pairing in 2014, they wouldn't have scored a single podium. I just don't see how the pecking order can drastically change for 2015 with the engine freeze in effect. Ferrari will be in even more of a turmoil next season...
this is hypothetical isnt it? Have we forgotten Torro Rosso's one and only win in 2008?

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Was this song written for Fernando? :mrgreen:

Where do you go to, my...
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Shrieker

CHT wrote:
this is hypothetical isnt it? Have we forgotten Torro Rosso's one and only win in 2008?
That was an entirely different formula and a one off weekend for Torro Rosso. I just can't see any relevance to the current regulations and the situations the drivers are in right now. As mikeerfol has pointed out, drivers like Button, Kimi and Vettel have had a lot of difficulty adapting to the new formula and there is even word Button isn't being offered a contract renewal by McLaren...

If Ferrari are offering good money, they've done so for the wrong Red Bull driver. Why not poach Ricciardo ? Are they just shopping for the name who's got 4 titles to his name now... They're probably going to say he's well proven himself with 4 titles but to me he's just proved his inability to adapt to the new formula, especially if you judge by his team mate's performances.
Last edited by Shrieker on 04 Oct 2014, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

basti313
basti313

Maybe because they know where they are going with their new car. It is still under discussion if and how the Alonso-style car (who wants a loose rear ed) hampered Ferrari.
Don`t russel the hamster!

alexx_88
alexx_88

I too think they've made the wrong move since I cannot see Ferrari back at the top during the next two years. With two drivers that didn't adapt to the new formula, but who have enormous credit, it will look like 2015 Ferrari is an ox-cart as the difficulties of the car will be coupled with the ones of the drivers. Their best bet would've been to go for a solid, but not spectacular driver for 2015-2016, rebuild the team and go from there.

Also, Vettel will look worse in his indirect comparison to Alonso as Kimi adapts more to the Ferrari cars (or viceversa) for 2015. He surely won't be able to outscore Raikkonnen 3 to 1 as Alonso is doing now.

Sevach
Sevach

Shrieker wrote:I think Ferrari are making a huge mistake. Even if they have a championship capable car (doubtful), they won't have the driver to pull it off. With a hypothetical Seb/Kimi pairing in 2014, they wouldn't have scored a single podium. I just don't see how the pecking order can drastically change for 2015 with the engine freeze in effect. Ferrari will be in even more of a turmoil next season...
Engines aren't frozen between seasons as of now, 48% of the engine can be changed to next season.

The "unfreeze movement" is about in season development.

zeph
zeph

Blanchimont wrote:Was this song written for Fernando? :mrgreen:

Where do you go to, my...

No, but this one is:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQsjAbZDx-4[/youtube]

marcush.
marcush.

basti313 wrote:Maybe because they know where they are going with their new car. It is still under discussion if and how the Alonso-style car (who wants a loose rear ed) hampered Ferrari.
does he? I was always under the impression Alonsos style was a very decisive turn in relying on the rear nnot steppping out uncontrollable and living with the understeer his abrupt initial steering input is causing .One of the reasons (in my view) why the pullrod thing at Ferrari did not hurt him too much.
Last edited by marcush. on 04 Oct 2014, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Shrieker wrote:
CHT wrote:
That was an entirely different formula and a one off weekend for Torro Rosso. I just can't see any relevance to the current regulations and the situations the drivers are in right now. As mikeerfol has pointed out, drivers like Button, Kimi and Vettel have had a lot of difficulty adapting to the new formula and there is even word Button isn't being offered a contract renewal by McLaren...

If Ferrari are offering good money, they've done so for the wrong Red Bull driver. Why not poach Ricciardo ? Are they just shopping for the name who's got 4 titles to his name now... They're probably going to say he's well proven himself with 4 titles but to me he's just proved his inability to adapt to the new formula, especially if you judge by his team mate's performances.
Ron Dennis wants Button out. That has been evident from the start of the season.

Shrieker

Well, can you blame him ?
Sevach wrote:
Engines aren't frozen between seasons as of now, 48% of the engine can be changed to next season.

The "unfreeze movement" is about in season development.
Wow i honestly didn't know that. 48 percent, eh ? Seems to me like you just made that up :lol: (joking)
Last edited by Shrieker on 04 Oct 2014, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

siskue2005

basti313 wrote:Maybe because they know where they are going with their new car. It is still under discussion if and how the Alonso-style car (who wants a loose rear ed) hampered Ferrari.
Yup I also think that could be what is hampering his teammates for a while now
Maybe the way he wants the car can only be driven on limit by him but not others?

Just like 2009 when they purely concentrated on kimi's car he was able to drag that truck to the top step

zgred

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Vettel leaving was expected by me. It was obvious after the first couple of races that neither his motivation is the same, nor the team support. The logical explanation was he has a preliminary contract and it is well known by the team.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

OMG vettel 2 Ferrari?!!! I can't believe it :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"