2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
hollowBallistix
hollowBallistix

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

How about Vettel to Mercedes? That's where I'd want to go if I was him....

notsofast
notsofast

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alo AND Vet too!

Manoah2u wrote:Mercedes > Hamilton WDC, hamilton stays. Rosberg using 'dirty' tricks to piss on Hamilton's title game, Ham out.
I can see that this makes sense emotionally, but if Hamilton waits until the end of the season to make up his mind, he might find himself without a seat.

notsofast
notsofast

hollowBallistix wrote:How about Vettel to Mercedes? That's where I'd want to go if I was him....
Yes.

Vettel to Mercedes
Alonso to McLaren
Button to Ferrari

And when the music stops, Hamilton to Marussia, a la Damon Hill in 1997

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Vettel is to Ferrari, I'm certain on that. I think Alonso is to Mclaren, and I am certain on that to now thanks to Eddie Jordon.

I personally would question the signing of Vettel by Ferrari, I don't think he is as good as Alonso, I don't think Vettel will flatter the Ferrari in anywhere near the same way as Alonso, age is a factor now, and Alonso is no young gun anymore.

The only thing I am now unsure of is who makes way at Mclaren? - unfortunately I see Button going which will be a sad day for me, Button has long been my favorite F1 driver. Goodbye my friend, you will be missed =D> .

zgred

notsofast wrote:
hollowBallistix wrote:How about Vettel to Mercedes? That's where I'd want to go if I was him....
Yes.

Vettel to Mercedes
Alonso to McLaren
Button to Ferrari

And when the music stops, Hamilton to Marussia, a la Damon Hill in 1997
Or Alonso buying Marussia and creating his happy place with Bianchi aiming to replicate Brabham achievement!
This is all very entertaining, more please :D

SiLo

Hamilton won't leave Mercedes even if he loses the WDC. Because they are odds on to have the fastest car again next year, and if you want to win the championship, you have to be in the best car. Simple as. Rosberg and Hamilton to stay at Mercedes and eventually stop the pissing contest I reckon. They have been friends for many years and even though they have clearly fallen out, I don't think it will last that long.
Felipe Baby!

CHT
CHT

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

Andres125sx wrote:
ringo wrote:It's good for ferrari that Alonso is gone.
:shock:

You just need to look at Massa perfomance last seasson in Ferrari, and now with Williams, or Kimi with Lotus, and now with Ferrari....

Alonso is the only reason Ferrari is not seen as a true mid-fielder similar to Force India
Actually it doesnt matter because in F1 fans usually dont bother to remember who finish 4th or 5th and to a certain extent some drivers too will not be motivated if he doesnt have a winning car. I believe Vettel could be suffering from that this year.

CHT
CHT

SiLo wrote:Hamilton won't leave Mercedes even if he loses the WDC. Because they are odds on to have the fastest car again next year, and if you want to win the championship, you have to be in the best car. Simple as. Rosberg and Hamilton to stay at Mercedes and eventually stop the pissing contest I reckon. They have been friends for many years and even though they have clearly fallen out, I don't think it will last that long.
a lot will depends on how the championship will be won this year. At the moment, it seems calm but I expect both drivers to start getting on each other nerves in the coming race. So never say never, but chances are low.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

if Hamilton suddenly decides to say f*ck you Mercedes, it'll be because of a huge spat with Rosberg, on-track.
He's comfortable at Merc and is being the 'Hamilton' he wants to be. Unfortunately, the 'Hamilton he wants to be' for him,
includes being a World Champion in 2014 there.

So if him being a WDC for 2014 goes out the window, then i'd say everyhing else could go out the window. The only possibility
for this to happen imho is a huge clash with Rosberg, it happened before, and he was breathing a "scr*w you guys im going home" attitude. It just needs a tiny spice and circumstance for this to happen, and Rosberg bouncing back and lewis having a troublesome saturday are ingredients which can give us just that.

I'm without any doubt whether Hamilton has a 'get out' clause like Vettel has, I'd say it goes as far as not being 3rd but being 1st or not. Remember; Hamilton was lured into Mercedes for the 2014 season making a difference. All of Merc's investment and time has been put in this season, so if in 2015 they'll still be competitive, that's for Merc a bonus and perhaps a side product rather then a long-term deal. All cards are put on 2014. Mercedes honestly doesn't care whether that's Hamilton or Rosberg to give them the CC and the WDC, they just want both and they'll get both.

So for Merc, the deal will be done this year. Optional success for 2015 is great but optional.
For Lewis, that's a total different story.
Lewis went for Merc because they could offer him a 2014 Championship. He stated this back in 2013, he stated this in 2014, and that's just that. If he is 'denied' his 2014 championship, then we'll have a huge 'domino' effect, because despite the fact Merc looks to be the best bet for 2015 still, you can't win from 'emotions'.

So honestly, i'd say there is still a bomb ticking in the form of Lewis Hamilton for the 2014 championship results.
Win = Alonso @ Mclaren.
Lose = Alonso @ Mercedes. there you have it.

Where will Hamilton go on a 2014 Championship fail? I'd dare say Ferrari. Ferrari can confirm Vettel for 2015, they don't need to confirm Raikkonen yet. Mclaren might be ready to take Hamilton back with Honda when the --- hits the fan, so i'd say that's the other ingredient why they are 'waiting' their decision.

Rosberg WDC in 2014 & @ Mercedes 2015. Alonso @ Mercedes 2015. Hamilton @ Mclaren 2015. Button @ Mclaren 2015. Vettel & Kimi @ Ferrari 2015.

or BOOM.
Rosberg & Alonso @ Mercedes 2015. Vettel & Hamilton @ Ferrari 2015. Raikkonen & Magnussen @ Mclaren 2015.

i have no idea what's gonna happen, really. just gimme my dose of crazyness.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

void

Wait! How will be the teams if they have 3 cars on grid?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

void wrote:Wait! How will be the teams if they have 3 cars on grid?
Now that's where things will get interesting. No team talked about a 3rd car in their 'interview talks'.
Mclaren is the only one who said 2015 is too close for a 3rd seat, but the other cars? i dunno.

It would explain Alonso's options though.

3rd car @ ferrari : for Vettel, and Alonso, indeed, never left, and indeed, Kimi still has his drive.
3rd car @ mercedes: def. for Alonso, and they were still right about never having spoken with him about replacing lewis or rosberg.
3rd car @ Mclaren: they said they can't do it. So i'd keep that out of the picture.
3rd car @ RedBull: hmmmm......that MIGHT happen. If the 3rd car can't get any points; that would then keep Kvyat safe.

So yes, i'd say 3rd cars for 2015 is part of Alonso's 'options'.

I'm hugely doubtfull about 2015 actually having 3-car teams though. I haven't got doubt about 2 teams fumbling (Caterham and Sauber). If Mclaren can't do a 2015 car, why would Ferrari or Mercedes be able to do it and they not?

I'd accept Toro rosso cant, i'd accept Force India can't, aswell as Caterham, Sauber, Marussia.
I'd find it strange if Mclaren couldn't when Mercedes and Ferrari could. Which leaves me to assume they can't either, despite them having mentioned nothing. Then again, why would there be any story in 2015 3-car teams if it was completelly impossible. so that would mean Adam parr was either talking absolute rubbish OR.......there actually will be.

Now Adam Parr was Williams chairman, so, what if Adam Parr knows Williams will Run a 2015 3rd car?!

and how insane would it be to have the 3rd williams for ALONSO? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: =D>

Massa could get a huuuuge slap in the face if that happened :mrgreen:

Massa: "You going to Marussia? Or Caterham?"
Alonso (with smile): "Why won't you come to Ferrari?"

2015:

Williams - Fernando Alonso, Valterri Bottas & Felipe Massa :mrgreen:

Essentially, 3-car teams in 2015 leaves Fernando literally EVERYWHERE.

Mercedes : Hamilton, Rosberg & ?????????? (Alonso)
RedBull : Ricciardo, Kvyat & ???????? (Alonso)
Ferrari : Vettel, Raikkonen & ????????? (Alonso or Bianchi)
Williams : Bottas, Massa & ??????????? (Alonso or ??????)
*Mclaren : Button, Magnussen & ??????????? (Alonso)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

iotar__

Nothing changes at Mercedes. I'm beginning to believe that Vettel called Marko or Mateschitz old idiot because of the engine situation ;-) and they showed him his place. This one is weird to me but as is the case with Alonso I'm glad to be wrong. Honda looks like a sideways move but since Ferrari probably won't be competitive against Merc and RB why not, you might as well take a chance. The only thing that improved at Ferrari is streamlining of leaks and disinformation to the press. Alonso's leaving certainly wasn't planned by them.

For both Kvyat and Magnussen Japan is 15th race in F1. For Grosjean (with a long break) it was Valencia 2012 that came after China, Bahrain and Canada. So how long does it take for them to show anything? Not enough experience in lower classes, doesn't matter. 1. It's not needed according to people that hire them 2. They are in F1 to perform. Car not good enough? Not really in both cases, look at Perez or Vergne in Singapore. Ricciardo - 1. same before excellent RB. 2. He won't be a contender without a dominant car before he stops going backwards at starts in every race and improves other areas. Raikkonen - self explanatory + age. Button - only solid these days + age. Result = easy season for Merc with some Honda uncertainty.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

ollandos
ollandos

alonso say i want to win .....and that on one direction .....who is this at the moment ..? and possible for the next season .....???
Mercedes of cource

who want Mercedes driver for they team?
Ron Dennis.....want he's lewis back .....

why hamilton leave mercedes?
he loose a title .........

and Mercedes want alonso?......why not.....is race animal.....Wolf say.......

that for me the logical for 2015 with top 3 driver move on ........

if it's not the true will we see all move before the last race......if mercedes keep the line up no reason for wait more the others......

erlik
erlik

I wish this silly season keeps the best twist in its plot yet! I saw on Crash.net some interview with Alonso (but I don't know if it is made up as I don't take this kind of sites seriously) where he said that he is pulling strings and no one has guessed his moves? If it is true... that would mean he is going to Mercedes or Marussia :)

It would be realy silly if Hamilton is going back to Mclaren in persuit for dream of winning in Mclaren Honda car and yellow helmet 0_o

Anyway silly season as it might be, it is becoming more exciting than the real racing season :)