2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

My take on things:

Mercedes AMG: 6 - Rosberg/44 - Hamilton TD: TBA - Wherin
Red Bull-Renault: 3 - Riccardo/26 - Kvijat TD: TBA - Buemi
Williams-Mercedes: 77 - Bottas/19 - Massa TD: TBA - Wolff
Scuderia Ferrari: 5 - Vettel/7 - Raikkonenn TD: TBA - Marciello
McLaren-Honda: 14 - Alonso/8 - Grosjean TD: TBA - Vandoorne
Force India-Mercedes: 27 - Hulkenberg/11 - Perez TD: TBA - TBA
Toro Rosso-Renault: TBA - Sainz/TBA - Verstappen TD: TBA - Lynn
Lotus-Mercedes: 13 - Maldanado/TBA - Nasr TD: 10 - Erickson
Marussia-Ferrari: 17 - Bianchi/20 - Magnussen TD: TBA - Stevens
Sauber-Ferrari: TBA - Van Der Garde/TBA - Sirokin TD: 4 - Chilton
Caterham-Renault: TBA - Merhi/TBA - Palmer TD: TBA - Gasly

Things could be interesting this way. If its a two cars per team rule. I can't see the smaller teams not being on the grid, its just who they will be on the grid with for driving. However, Hulkenberg may yet again, for the 3rd year running be overlooked.

Could make the grid a tight one, however it may just be one that is lacking in actual F1 race experience at the tail end and in the mid pack with so many damned rookies from STR back.

djos

2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!)

Ex f1 champ Alan Jones is saying Alonso has signed directly with Honda and will be at McLaren as a result.

He's also saying that Vettel wants to do a Shuey and help rebuild Ferrari to prove red bull wasn't a fluke.

Btw AJ also said that young Verstappen was enormously impressive in his shortened F1 debut and he's not surprised TR gave him the other TR seat.
Last edited by djos on 05 Oct 2014, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

that would be a way around Ron Dennis :lol: :lol:

Well played, Fernando, well played. =D> =D> =D> :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

djos

Manoah2u wrote:that would be a way around Ron Dennis :lol: :lol:

Well played, Fernando, well played. =D> =D> =D> :lol:
Not wrong! :D
"In downforce we trust"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

What is happening Vergne then, a very good racer, only slightly slower in quali than Riccardio but 5kg heavier which could in theory account for the quail gap.

I don't think he should have been snubbed, promote him to the RBR alongside Riccardio and after a year cull the worst performer.

I think he deserved the chance.
Sad.

djos

JimClarkFan wrote:What is happening Vergne then, a very good racer, only slightly slower in quali than Riccardio but 5kg heavier which could in theory be accounted for the qauli distance.

I don't think he should have been snubbed, promote him to the RBR alongside Riccardio and after a year cull the worst performer.

I think he deserves a chance.
Sad.
If he was up to scratch don't you think he'd have been given a go?

And 5 kg's does not equal 1/2 a second slower.
"In downforce we trust"

zeph
zeph

djos wrote:Ex f1 champ Alan Jones is saying Alonso has signed directly with Honda and will be at McLaren as a result.

He's also saying that Vettel wants to do a Shuey and help rebuild Ferrari to prove red bull wasn't a fluke.

Btw AJ also said that young Verstappen was enormously impressive in his shortened F1 debut and he's not surprised TR gave him the other TR seat.
Link?

djos

2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!)

It was on Australian ch10's qually commentary yesterday.

AJ is the second commentator when he's not playing f1 steward.
"In downforce we trust"

mrk189
mrk189

#AlonsotoWilliams #MassatoMclaren #dream #ifonly!
You don't need a licence to drive a sandwich

langwadt
langwadt

ESPImperium wrote:My take on things:

Mercedes AMG: 6 - Rosberg/44 - Hamilton TD: TBA - Wherin
Red Bull-Renault: 3 - Riccardo/26 - Kvijat TD: TBA - Buemi
Williams-Mercedes: 77 - Bottas/19 - Massa TD: TBA - Wolff
Scuderia Ferrari: 5 - Vettel/7 - Raikkonenn TD: TBA - Marciello
McLaren-Honda: 14 - Alonso/8 - Grosjean TD: TBA - Vandoorne
Force India-Mercedes: 27 - Hulkenberg/11 - Perez TD: TBA - TBA
Toro Rosso-Renault: TBA - Sainz/TBA - Verstappen TD: TBA - Lynn
Lotus-Mercedes: 13 - Maldanado/TBA - Nasr TD: 10 - Erickson
Marussia-Ferrari: 17 - Bianchi/20 - Magnussen TD: TBA - Stevens
Sauber-Ferrari: TBA - Van Der Garde/TBA - Sirokin TD: 4 - Chilton
Caterham-Renault: TBA - Merhi/TBA - Palmer TD: TBA - Gasly

Things could be interesting this way. If its a two cars per team rule. I can't see the smaller teams not being on the grid, its just who they will be on the grid with for driving. However, Hulkenberg may yet again, for the 3rd year running be overlooked.

Could make the grid a tight one, however it may just be one that is lacking in actual F1 race experience at the tail end and in the mid pack with so many damned rookies from STR back.
I doubt Magnussen would want to drive a Marussia, he recently said that he was only in F1 to win races and championships
if he couldn't get a seat in a top team where that is possible he would find something else to do

CHT
CHT

I doubt Caterham will still be around next year.

RobertPthe3rd
RobertPthe3rd

If Hamilton leaves Merc. Even if he looses the title to nico he is a fool. He wanted a dominant car like vettel had. Now he has it. Chances are they will either still be dominant next year or at least top 2. Why leave. MCLAREN are going to stumble with the honda. Even with the best engine this year they still build a dog. Yeah Hammy would help them with hisn speed and setup ability but if he has half a brain he wil stay at Mercedes. There is always next year for the wdc. Or leave and grab another 4-6th. Like I said. He is a moron if he leaves. But I don't think he is. He went to Merc when everyone said he was a fool. And quess what. It was the smartest decision on the grid. Hes a smart guy. No matter what anyone says. Its Alonso who likes to jump on sinking ship s

djos

There's no way in hell imo that Hamilton will leave Mercedes, he'd have to be insane to leave when he has the best car and power unit on the grid!
"In downforce we trust"

Harsha
Harsha

Honestly I just cant see Lewis Leaving Merc any time sooner or atleast for 2015. Vettel left to ferrari (Un officially) to build his own team and lewis already did that in Merc it was his Team now , with such a Dominant car and with looks like it will be for next year he will see how things pan out and he will stay to see his contract time go and then he will see what is better for him in terms of Mclaren or Merc. I also doubt he will go to any other team except those 2.

SectorOne

djos wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:What is happening Vergne then, a very good racer, only slightly slower in quali than Riccardio but 5kg heavier which could in theory be accounted for the qauli distance.

I think he deserves a chance.
Sad.
If he was up to scratch don't you think he'd have been given a go?
Nope, i think he could have dominated this season and Red Bull would have had other plans.
Just think about it, they would not even take Alonso, they closed that door extremely quick.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"