2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
erlik
erlik

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

WaikeCU wrote: If Seb has already set a signature on a contract with Ferrari, then he might have mixed feelings right now. I doubt he was expecting an open spot at Mercedes tbh.
Well, Seb has 4 WDC in his pocket and he has many more years in F1. Gaining one more in a car that is superior to others will never prove to audience he is that kind of league .... I believe he is up for the challenge of rebuilding Ferrari to its winning paths and he would like to stand as winner in Monza for Ferrari in front of tifosi more than winning another WDC. Therefore he will not regret his decision if it is the one. It is my point of view.

WaikeCU

Still think it's only rumours, because I don't see this elsewhere. Lauda reports that Hamilton and Mercedes are looking for a contract for multiple years. So, just wait for it I guess.

SectorOne

WaikeCU wrote:http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton ... n-for-2015

F1today reports that Mclaren have announced to F1Today.net that Lewis is returning to them for 2015. Not sure if BS, but it's out there.
F1Today.net has had sources reveal to them that Hamilton visited the Woking base three weeks ago to sign for the team starting from next season. The source said: "Lewis was in the Woking factory three weeks ago. He arrived by helicopter, had a conversation about two hours with the management and then left with a big smile on his face. He signed here, I can assure you. A seat fitting has not happened yet, but that will take place in the foreseeable future."
So let´s just assume this is true (and that Hamilton is missing half his brain).

Vettel to Ferari, Alonso to Mercedes, Hamilton to Mclaren.
I just don´t see Hamilton moving from Mercedes, he´s got the edge on Nico, has won twice the GP´s, leading the championship despite more bad luck and right now is on a three win streak that could very well be a 7 win streak, sits in one of the most dominant machines in F1 history and arguably will continue to do so with the W06 if everything goes to plan.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MercedesAMGSpy

SectorOne wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:http://www.f1today.net/en/news/hamilton ... n-for-2015

F1today reports that Mclaren have announced to F1Today.net that Lewis is returning to them for 2015. Not sure if BS, but it's out there.
F1Today.net has had sources reveal to them that Hamilton visited the Woking base three weeks ago to sign for the team starting from next season. The source said: "Lewis was in the Woking factory three weeks ago. He arrived by helicopter, had a conversation about two hours with the management and then left with a big smile on his face. He signed here, I can assure you. A seat fitting has not happened yet, but that will take place in the foreseeable future."
So let´s just assume this is true (and that Hamilton is missing half his brain).

Vettel to Ferari, Alonso to Mercedes, Hamilton to Mclaren.
I just don´t see Hamilton moving from Mercedes, he´s got the edge on Nico, has won twice the GP´s, leading the championship despite more bad luck and right now is on a three win streak that could very well be a 7 win streak, sits in one of the most dominant machines in F1 history and arguably will continue to do so with the W06 if everything goes to plan.
And he will definitely lose Mercedes support this season, the main focus will be on Rosberg, the guy staying.

Gaz.
Gaz.

I think the Hamilton rumour is baseless. Atleast the 2012 move was based on Mclaren snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Forza Jules

Gaz.
Gaz.

PitLanTalk - who seem to have some credibilty of late seem to think that Hamilton has a 2 year extension yet to be finalised , to the end of 2017 - they say 3 years but I think it's a slip of the index. Lauda thinks Alonso has already signed for Mclaren:

https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk
Forza Jules

Phil

I don't see it happening. I also recall Hamilton having quite a fall out with McLaren in the years Button joined. That could well have been a result of Whitmarsh leading the team and now with Ron back in control, things might be different. But, Hamilton moved to Mercedes, I feel, not because of what Mercedes was offering in term of an attractive 2014 car - but also because he needed change. Why would he go back after only 2 years of being at a new team and starting fresh with such a dominant car?

The only reason I could think of, is if he feels that the team favors Nico or because of any internal politics. Still, I find it all just rather hard to believe. Even if he loses the WDC to Nico this year, I doubt he would see it as a result of his own driving. How could he? He won most races and in the majority of races where both have finished, he's beaten his team-mate.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Bomber_Pilot

Well, Hamilton always said that he is a big fan of Senna. So a Mclaren-Honda might be a tempting combo for him to try to win a championship in.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

This is the most ridiculous silly season I have ever known lol :mrgreen:

turbof1

Not to bash on a fellow news site, but in this case I really can't claim the opposite: f1today can very much be compared with the tabloid "The Sun". They'll turn just about every small irrelevant bit into something sensational.

If they are right or wrong, is something I don't know. But I wouldn't take them as a reliable source and thus take the Hamilton-mclaren with a pitch of salt. They also lack their own sources, and they base all their news items on either news items from other news sites or on twitter messages. Pitlanetalk is known atleast to have sources close to the teams.

Hamilton already implied right in front of the camera that he is not moving, while Lauda oh so charmingly told the media that that the other teams should "keep their hands off our Lois".
#AeroFrodo

Harsha
Harsha

I agree with turbof1
Lewis wont move out of merc atleast until his contract end. He can be 3 time champ if things goes his way this year and next year considering merc wont loose speed
Alonso I think will go to Mclaren with Vettel occupying Ferrari seat

SectorOne

Well that´s one way to get out of a contract i suppose.
https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/status/ ... 1644348416
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

turbof1

SectorOne wrote:Well that´s one way to get out of a contract i suppose.

https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/status/ ... 1644348416
Now I do have to wonder how pitlanetalk got to know that. The only way I could think of is that Alonso roared that so hard in Matiacci's face that everybody outside could hear it.
#AeroFrodo

Gaz.
Gaz.

Bomber_Pilot wrote:Well, Hamilton always said that he is a big fan of Senna. So a Mclaren-Honda might be a tempting combo for him to try to win a championship in.
Yes he's a big fan but that doesn't mean he wants to retrace his footsteps pace by pace.
Forza Jules

the_end90
the_end90

I live near Ferrari and my father works in it (not formula one, historic) I can give for sure that Alonso had a similar Argument with Montezemolo the day of the Ferrary days, almost everyone in the nearby heard him saying something similar to LCDM