2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
seinfeld
seinfeld

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

Morteza wrote:https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/518230563899977728

So that's what happened...

Really interesting. that's why they didnt switch Danny and Seb last couple of times to try to get him up to 3rd place so he would have to stay at RBR

seinfeld
seinfeld

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

okay I do not see Alonso going to Mclaren. Regardless of what Ron says. Fernando cost the team soooo much cash with Ferrari gate. The fact he didn't get fined or anything is proof he was the main rat about that.
That is unforgivable And you can't come back from that.
Alonso was screwed the minute Christian Horner said Seb was going to Ferrari. It killed any deal.
But I don't even think its true. I think SEB is going to Mclaren to stay with Jenson
and Fernando is without a drive I think. he will leave F1 maybe come back next year if there is some open spots at williams/lotus/mercedes Depending how well they are doing and if they can afford him

or maybe Fernando got a drive with Lotus for next year. he knew they were going to Mercedes and started angling for it??

Ohh FRICKING RUDE what happened to JEV the guy has beaten Kyvat all year. and would have done well at RBR even on 1 year contract. Can't believe they chose kyvat over him. cant believe they chose Kyvat over Carlos sainz Jnr either! But its what I expect from this team. very bad ppl dont do business with them ever! What they did to Sebastian Bourdais was a crime against humanity. that guy is UNBEATABLE if they had of given him a car, and not put so much pressure on the guy,.

George-Jung
George-Jung

And what about the option of Alonso, Raikkonen ánd Vettel driving for Ferrari next year with 3 cars? :shock:
How awesome would that be!!

#NeverGoingToHappen..

I do think that Alonso would like to drive the same car/team as Vettel all day- everyday.. just to prove that he is the better one.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

How about:

Ferrari buys out Kimi's remaining contract (again), keeps Fernando, and Seb takes Kimi's place.

Kimi has been fairly well shamed by Alonso this year. I'm a big fan of his, have been all his career, but he's no match for Alonso today.

bauc

Fulcrum wrote:How about:

Ferrari buys out Kimi's remaining contract (again), keeps Fernando, and Seb takes Kimi's place.

Kimi has been fairly well shamed by Alonso this year. I'm a big fan of his, have been all his career, but he's no match for Alonso today.
I don't think Kimi will allow to be humiliated again like that and I believe he will give everything next year for his final push into F1 to prove everybody wrong. But this will only be possible if Ferrari gets its s#it together and deliver a decent PU and chassis.

As for Alonso - I think his relationship with Ferrari is irreparable and the image of him steeping out of the car only after 1 lap in Suzuka reminded me of the image when Lewis got a problem in Singapore and stopped on track 15/20 laps before the end on what would have been a clear victory for him in 2012 with Mclaren. Few days later he announced that he is joining the Mercs team.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CptPeanut
CptPeanut

I'm not going to rule anything out just yet, Honda have some very deep pockets and will no doubt pay whatever is needed to get the names they want. It all comes down to their plans for next years car, I think with PP on board the aero will much more coherent.

Mesteño

One important thing to state, here in Spain next year F1 will be in paid TV via internet by Movistar.

Today Marca first page said that Movistar and Fernando are making a way together to a winning team.

In Spain, with Fernando in no winning car, audiences were very very bad, but with Fernando winning it was Crazy. So if you are moving it to paid TV, you sure you don't want a winning team?

I wouldn't discard Mercedes, money is always sweet and I think this sponsor has much of it.

Kiril Varbanov

Alonso to Haas F1 team, with myself as reserve driver. I just started low carb diet and juice cleanse detox (not sure what that is?) and I should be just fine til the winter tests.

Joking aside, lack of announcement means one thing: negotiations are intense.

turbof1

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Alonso to Haas F1 team, with myself as reserve driver. I just started low carb diet and juice cleanse detox (not sure what that is?) and I should be just fine til the winter tests.

Not so fast buddy, you still have non-contractual obligations towards f1technical. Pay us 100m or a sabbatical of 20 years and we can talk.
#AeroFrodo

Harsha
Harsha

turbof1 wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Alonso to Haas F1 team, with myself as reserve driver. I just started low carb diet and juice cleanse detox (not sure what that is?) and I should be just fine til the winter tests.

Not so fast buddy, you still have non-contractual obligations towards f1technical. Pay us 100m or a sabbatical of 20 years and we can talk.
or a middle ground to take you as team mate and paying 10M for F1T 8)

Thunder

During FP2 the Commentators on Sky Germany were talking about the newest crazy Rumour in the Paddock which is FA wants to buy into McLaren to have a saying in the Team.

Silly Season is super Silly this Year. :o
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

erlik
erlik

Thunders wrote:During FP2 the Commentators on Sky Germany were talking about the newest crazy Rumour in the Paddock which is FA wants to buy into McLaren to have a saying in the Team.

I am already seeing ALO being critical of himself for not providing himself good enough car :lol:

Hail22

Thunders wrote:During FP2 the Commentators on Sky Germany were talking about the newest crazy Rumour in the Paddock which is FA wants to buy into McLaren to have a saying in the Team.

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Richard
Richard

Alonso's most resilient comment has been that the signs have been there but no one is reading them. He's desperate to win a WDC but there is only one car that seems guaranteed to be at the front for the next few years.

We all know Bernie loves a show down (double points at Abu Dhabi, gold medals etc) and now he's pushed 3 car teams to the top of the F1 agenda. Is this being set up for Alonso to move to Merc? When is the 3 car team decision due?

That'll also help Bernie keep Santander on board and stick two fingers to Ron.

Phil

I just can't see why Mercedes would want to have 3 players capable of winning the WDC. It seems 2 is already enough. Think about headaches!

I also feel this would be very bad for the sport. Imagine 3 Mercedes in the spot light - no one would care what happens further down the grid anymore...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter