2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

Not good for a moderator, but all of this hyping is starting to irritate me. A lot. Either announce something of use, or don't say anything at all. All we know is that Alonso just uses that hashtag to hype his upcoming cycle team.
#AeroFrodo

trinidefender
trinidefender

turbof1 wrote:Not good for a moderator, but all of this hyping is starting to irritate me. A lot. Either announce something of use, or don't say anything at all. All we know is that Alonso just uses that hashtag to hype his upcoming cycle team.
Don't get your nickers in a twist. This thread is the "silly season" thread with specific mention of Alonso and Vettel in the title. Posting rumours and such is kind of what this thread is about....unless of course it is fine only until a moderator gets irritated.....

Ya know...since over the last few pages the moderators have been posting the same sorts of things.

turbof1

trinidefender wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Not good for a moderator, but all of this hyping is starting to irritate me. A lot. Either announce something of use, or don't say anything at all. All we know is that Alonso just uses that hashtag to hype his upcoming cycle team.
Don't get your nickers in a twist. This thread is the "silly season" thread with specific mention of Alonso and Vettel in the title. Posting rumours and such is kind of what this thread is about....unless of course it is fine only until a moderator gets irritated.....

Ya know...since over the last few pages the moderators have been posting the same sorts of things.
I think you took that line a bit too serious :P. My personal irritation of course don't mean a thing in this; if you think I'd close a topic because Alonso is teasing too much, well you know I have to keep up appearances to not look too much like a crybaby dictator.

In all seriousness, you should make the distinction between a moderator moderating and a moderator commenting. The latter is always in the context of the moderator being a member. Because we share the same vision only means we are part of a hive and one day will rule this world, nothing more nothing less.

back on topic:
http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/10/14/mcla ... -boullier/
Eric Boullier wrote:“I hope to sort out our decision and driver line-up before the end of the season,” said Boullier. “It’s true that it takes a bit more time than maybe we would have let’s say dealt with, but it’s still on course to be announced and sealed before the end of the season.”
So we atleast have a timeline in which to expect an announcement...
...or not since we know these things tend to drag further and further along the road.
#AeroFrodo

Richard
Richard

That "end of season" comment sounds like hope rather than certainty! How many seats are still unconfirmed? It looks like McLaren's delays will mean their drivers won't be able to find another seat if they are pushed out. This'll be the second year in a row that they've left their drivers hung out to dry.

adrianjordan

Richard wrote:That "end of season" comment sounds like hope rather than certainty! How many seats are still unconfirmed? It looks like McLaren's delays will mean their drivers won't be able to find another seat if they are pushed out. This'll be the second year in a row that they've left their drivers hung out to dry.
In my opinion the drivers only have themselves to blame if they haven't lined up a plan B
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

I think all the silly season was triggered by the fact Hamilton postponed the negotiations of contract extension...in the end of the season. I suspect that Hamilton was not very satisfied with the way Mercedes dealt their rivalry with Rosberg. And I suspect Hamilton wanted to see how things pan out in the end of the season. This whole situation opened a small gap...a gap that Hamilton may leave Mercedes and go back to McLaren. That small opening I guessed fueled the whole situation along with Alonso's disappointment after 5 fruitless years in Ferrari.
If in the end Hamilton stays at Mercedes extending his contract, then Alonso's only chance will be McLaren. I would see Lotus as a one year contract solution until 2016 when a position in the Merc camp would be available but it does not seem too probable.
As I don't see too much possible Alonso staying with Ferrari. it seems the glass is broken but as it is said in F1 expect the unexpected.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Gaz.
Gaz.

Richard wrote:That "end of season" comment sounds like hope rather than certainty! How many seats are still unconfirmed? It looks like McLaren's delays will mean their drivers won't be able to find another seat if they are pushed out. This'll be the second year in a row that they've left their drivers hung out to dry.
As I understand it:

Mercedes- Hamilton & Rosberg
Red Bull Racing - Ricciardo & Kvyat
Williams - Bottas & Massa
Torro Rosso - Verstappen
Lotus - Maldonado
Forza Jules

therealjustin
therealjustin

Alonso is waiting for Austin to announce he is joining Haas F1 for 2016 :lol:

RZS10

therealjustin wrote:Alonso is waiting for Austin to announce he is joining Haas F1 for 2016 :lol:
...and everyone will be like "aaaah ... yeah.... that was SO obvious! duuuh" :mrgreen:

Kiril Varbanov

therealjustin wrote:Alonso is waiting for Austin to announce he is joining Haas F1 for 2016 :lol:
Definitely! I have already run that speculation earlier :) http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 82#p537682

The whole Silly Season is very silly this year, and I started not to take it seriously anymore.

WaikeCU

With Carl Haas prepping a car for Alonso to enter Indy in 2015. :D

erlik
erlik

Alonso was animal these couple of years. There was will and hope that was driving that talent of his. Anyway dream of winning WDC in Ferrari seems over. Soon or later he will be fed up and that motivation will start to fade. I can not imagine Mclaren-Honda being competitive from the start and if Alonso doesn't get contract he like, I see his motivation fades even faster and he will find his way out of F1 sooner than we expect ... Maybe he will enjoy more in cycling.

Vasconia

Sasha wrote:Alonso signed a contract with Honda(testing/Sports Cars or racing for Mclaren)and the only hold up now is the contract with Mclaren(Dennis).Alonso wants a easy out of the contract and Dennis wants to pay him less.I think they really don't like each other!

So that is why there isn't an announcement yet.
So we have an easy solution, less salary and the chance to leave the team in 2016 in things go wrong. :mrgreen:

Anyway I dont know why Mercedes should take Alonso having Rosberg and Hamilton.

dren

Sasha wrote:Alonso signed a contract with Honda(testing/Sports Cars or racing for Mclaren)and the only hold up now is the contract with Mclaren(Dennis).Alonso wants a easy out of the contract and Dennis wants to pay him less.I think they really don't like each other!

So that is why there isn't an announcement yet.
This!

I figure Dennis will be canned and his replacement will give Alonso what he wants. Or Dennis will cave and retain his job.
Honda!

turbof1

So, in case anybody needed some extra confirmation, Montezemolo confirms Alonso's exist:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/15-10- ... 6934.shtml
#AeroFrodo