2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bauc

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

FP1 is 15 hours away, the wait is almost over......
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

jericho

Can't wait to see some cars on track! Saturday will the day some things will be clear...

Vasconia

raymondu999 wrote:To think Bernd Maylander gets paid to drive all these sexy cars
True, I choosed the incorrect job... :roll:

iotar__

Kovac_ wrote:Any of you guys worried we don't have the F1 app yet? I mean the free web application has green/purple/yellow circles and no times. How is that possible?
Forget the app, day before GP multi-billion leech company can't even provide a timetable on their official site. Is it pay per view service now or do I need to bribe Ecclestone personally? Edit: Looks like they have some new beta atrocity and some trial BS, they can stick both you know where.
Vasconia wrote:Apart from that I hope that Mclaren can make at least half the race. As I mentioned in the teams post, it could be a good idea to prepare one car to try to end the race at any cost and the other one to show some of the theoretical potential of both the engine and the chasis.
Like running one engine at reduced power? I see problems with that:
1. you can't predict reliability, you need to test and measure it, there is a chance that reduced engine car will fail after 25 laps, just running consecutive laps can cause problems.
2. What's the point of running below potential? You don't learn anything from that, on the contrary you delay discovering problems not only in terms od reliability but tyres, performance in all kinds of corners, fuel, energy harvesting. The purpose is to make the best car not impression for one race.
3. Two different cars = problems with the amount of data and compatibility.
4. One fails and one is slow is not the best marketing scenario for Honda/McLaren ;-).

NathanOlder

Kovac_ wrote:Any of you guys worried we don't have the F1 app yet? I mean the free web application has green/purple/yellow circles and no times. How is that possible?
Just noticed last night the F1 App had an update, and its another £19.99 for the full access.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

joseff

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ccess.html

GoranF1
GoranF1

I tip Mclaren-Honda to surprise this weekend.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

WaikeCU

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:I tip Mclaren-Honda to surprise this weekend.
Yes, Manor will finish ahead of them. :D

Vasconia

iotar__ wrote:Like running one engine at reduced power? I see problems with that:
1. you can't predict reliability, you need to test and measure it, there is a chance that reduced engine car will fail after 25 laps, just running consecutive laps can cause problems.
2. What's the point of running below potential? You don't learn anything from that, on the contrary you delay discovering problems not only in terms od reliability but tyres, performance in all kinds of corners, fuel, energy harvesting. The purpose is to make the best car not impression for one race.
3. Two different cars = problems with the amount of data and compatibility.
4. One fails and one is slow is not the best marketing scenario for Honda/McLaren ;-).
Well, double DNF is even a worse scenario, or two super slow cars. #-o

The idea is to check the reliabity at a certain % of power, at least to assure tha the engine can run normally. And then check the other car with full power and analize the telemetry in order to see which pieces/elements of the engine suffer more. Combining both datas could be useful in order to know more about engine´s behaviour.

Vasconia

WaikeCU wrote:
Hey, he has said a surprirse. :mrgreen:

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

WaikeCU wrote:
Keep the context bu change that to "Yes, Manor will finish"

Phil

For those interested in when the events take place, here are the times:

Code: Select all

P1 	Friday, March 13th:    02:30 CET
P2 	Friday, March 13th:    06:30 CET
P3 	Saturday, March 14th:  04:00 CET
QF 	Saturday, March 14th:  07:00 CET
Race  Sunday, March 15th:    06:00 CET

For those in the UK, it's -1 hour.
Last edited by Phil on 12 Mar 2015, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SectorOne

Thank you! They removed the old one on f1.com and replaced it with a shitty rolex ad which told me nothing really.
Havent checked the new site though but now i dont have to.

It will be download for me i think, theres no way im going up that early on the weekend :)
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

bauc

SectorOne wrote:Thank you! They removed the old one on f1.com and replaced it with a shitty rolex ad which told me nothing really.
Havent checked the new site though but now i dont have to.

It will be download for me i think, theres no way im going up that early on the weekend :)
The one on F1.com is not even correct as it now says there are 10h to go till Fp1 which is not correct
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Amus now reporting paddock rumour that Manor won't race this weekend due to some software issues.

*edit* Adam Cooper reports he was also told they might not be able to run.

Could be a 16 car grid..