2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
S.vettel
S.vettel

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Hi stuart....in india its 9:30 am

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

dans79 wrote:
Sevach wrote:Ferrari's Q pace wasn't on totally empty tanks they kept going for 4/5 laps, car seemed super nice, good turn in, smooth power delivery.
I'm not sure I would agree with that, from the on board footage I saw, it looked like the car was trying to kill the drivers every time it got a chance. It looked to have sever snap over-steer.
The car was understeering at some corners and rear trying to snap out at some corners specially for Vettel but that's normal as everyone was struggling with the same thing except Merc which looked balanced.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Juzh

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but vestapen had an energy store problem. Looking good so far for renault.

dren

giantfan10 wrote:running lighter may have played a small role but the primary reason was the fact that ferrari could not produce enough electricity to do a full lap at max ouput ...
so when the other cars turned up the power for quali ferrari was basically left behind in quali mode.
the problem was masked in the race bacause no car runs at max output for the entire race.
that i'm willing to bet was their number one priority as far as the updated PU was concerned this offseason
I think it was the other way around. They were better in qualification mode because they could use a one lap full 4MJ worth from the ES. They couldn't do that during the race lap after lap. Their sustained power for a race was much lower than the other teams.
Honda!

dren

Chene_Mostert wrote:
Raleigh wrote:I just looked through ESPNs coverage of last years races, not once did Ferrari match their best FP position of the weekend in qualifying.

FP1 - looking good - FP2 - looking good - FP3 - looking good - Quali - nowhere

Every single weekend from Australia to Abu Dhabi.

But hey, new management and drivers, clearly better car, might have changed their policy of running light in practice. Just have to wait for tomorrow to see where people really are.
Yes, last year Ferrari was a total mess in all aspects of their the game.
It was a all time low for them and they will just move forward from there. We will have a Ferrari in P3 at the end of Q3 with a gap to P1 of no more than 0.6X.
I'd put money on Williams in 3rd. Ferrari does look much improved this year, though.
Honda!

Shrieker

S.vettel wrote:hello evry1
Hello, welcome :)
dren wrote:
I'd put money on Williams in 3rd. Ferrari does look much improved this year, though.
I nominate red bull to surprise come q3.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-AtatΓΌrk

PlatinumZealot

mika vs michael wrote:Less than six hours for the first session of the year...bring it on!!!
So much for your anticipation. That was a damp squib of a session.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

The toro Rosso's are faster than the RedBulls at the moment. All these years I have been telling people that Toro Rosso is the fourth fastest car and people just wouldn't listen to me!

Racing Green in 2028

efuloni
efuloni

I don't recall any story about Red Bull demanding Toro Rosso's car to get out of the way, or anything like that. No polemic episode like Sauber (Perez) vs Ferrari (Alonso). Did this happen sometime? Cause I agree that STR looks faster than RBR right now.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Albert Park is not the kind of track where one can draw definite conclusion about performance order...it's not a barcelona kind of track or china or malaysia...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Jordan44

S.vettel wrote:By seeing ferrari performance i guess alonso shld hv stayed.....
People keeping saying this like we know he was given a choice to stay. Supposedly tensions were high at Ferrari and the boss didn't want people of his character in the team.

ParkerArt
ParkerArt

J0rd4n wrote:
S.vettel wrote:By seeing ferrari performance i guess alonso shld hv stayed.....
People keeping saying this like we know he was given a choice to stay. Supposedly tensions were high at Ferrari and the boss didn't want people of his character in the team.
The water cooler talk I heard was that Alonso was tired of being slowly pushed into the mid-field pack and wanted a winning car. Knowing that not only would Ferrari have to catch up to the development of the Mercedes engine but would have to pass it, along with building a good chassis which hasn't been great for years.

McLaren and Honda were a gamble that looks to have not paid off for 2015.

PlatinumZealot

True, but Alonso is thinking of 2016. He doesn't really care about 2015.

Racing Green in 2028

dren

PlatinumZealot wrote:True, but Alonso is thinking of 2016. He doesn't really care about 2015.
I'd put money on an Alonso podium or two later in the season.
Honda!

Jordan44

dren wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:True, but Alonso is thinking of 2016. He doesn't really care about 2015.
I'd put money on an Alonso podium or two later in the season.
They supposedly used four engines in pre season testing. Even if they become competitive they may be sent to the back of the grid anyway if they've eaten through all their engines. Just throwing out a potential situation.