Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
willmesquita

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Hey guys, this time I made a post trying my - very poor - English.

What we could feel from the times in a single lap is another good step:

For the first time - in normal conditions - I could see the MP4-30 as a car that can be at Top 10 both in the Q3 and the race (below the lap times of our long runs and 3 of our direct contenders - all in seconds):

I believe that Sunday will bring some happiness over Woking!

http://papayaorange.com.br/2015/05/gp-d ... ta-rapida/
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

f1rules
f1rules

open in new tab, high res vers

Piraxian
Piraxian

I took these today hopefully this will work, I will try to take some more of the back end.

High res are available, turns out despite being an expert in how the internet works I don't know how to use it to upload images :D

f1rules
f1rules

and the pu
@AlbertFabrega

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

Right link, open in new tab seems to help. From the last image, I think you can see new rear brake duct winglets as well as an enclosed drive shaft, not sure if it already had that though. The whole rear suspension/ back end of the car seems tidier.

GoranF1
GoranF1

What is that off throttle-ish sound coming from MP4-30?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Piraxian wrote:I took these today hopefully this will work, I will try to take some more of the back end.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8876/1724 ... d20d_k.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7763/1680 ... 2e00_k.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7736/1724 ... fe97_k.jpg
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7708/1724 ... 3a45_k.jpg

High res are available, turns out despite being an expert in how the internet works I don't know how to use it to upload images :D
from the rear view, it actually doesn't even look that bad :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

aral
aral

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:What is that off throttle-ish sound coming from MP4-30?
maybe its the sound of the engine off-throttle? :lol:

maccafan
maccafan

McLaren seems to be the only team to run without monkey seat. What could the reason be for this? I mean everyone else is using them.

ismail1991
ismail1991

maccafan wrote:McLaren seems to be the only team to run without monkey seat. What could the reason be for this? I mean everyone else is using them.
Mercedes also doesn't use monkey seat this year.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

maccafan wrote:McLaren seems to be the only team to run without monkey seat. What could the reason be for this? I mean everyone else is using them.
Dear maccafan:

In Bahrain for example Ferrari had no monkey seat. In depends on track-layout. Sometime teams are using monkey seat and sometimes not.
If You are suggesting that MP4-30 not using monkey seat because superior downforce think again. Despite new Honda PU in Spain Mclaren are well of pace. 1,5-2 sec. gap to front runners.

mclaren111

We have to be realistic:
EB:
During the three-week break between Bahrain and Spain, we’ve been working very productively on every front to bring improvements to the car. We know that one fix or upgrade won’t provide a significant upturn in performance, so we’re united in our continued efforts to bring further gains to both chassis and power unit, in terms of both reliability and outright performance, step by step.
Arai:
We hope that Spain will see another incremental step forward for Honda, in which we’ve prepared updates on the power unit to help with driveability and reliability. And like us, McLaren has had a productive two weeks and will be bringing more updates to test at the track and we’ll see how the car will run together as one.
Seems PU might not be at 100% yet.

The test next week is going to be very very important (and just in time) :D

Alonso Fan

mclaren111 wrote:We have to be realistic:
EB:
During the three-week break between Bahrain and Spain, we’ve been working very productively on every front to bring improvements to the car. We know that one fix or upgrade won’t provide a significant upturn in performance, so we’re united in our continued efforts to bring further gains to both chassis and power unit, in terms of both reliability and outright performance, step by step.
Arai:
We hope that Spain will see another incremental step forward for Honda, in which we’ve prepared updates on the power unit to help with driveability and reliability. And like us, McLaren has had a productive two weeks and will be bringing more updates to test at the track and we’ll see how the car will run together as one.
Seems PU might not be at 100% yet.

The test next week is going to be very very important (and just in time) :D

agreed, seems pu might not be at full potential, because the changes were for reliability (and drivability)

and that has clearly shown, the mclarens were doing similar number of laps over the whole weekend to everyone else, no breakdowns/failures as far as i know

number of laps over all 3 practice sessions
Alonso: 67 laps
Button: 70
Vettel: 72
Hamilton: 63

by the way, i'm not sure if it's been mentioned on here before, but the rear bodywork behind the sidepod looks slightly different. it doesnt have that 'kink' in it anymore, seems slightly smoother

of course, it could just be the new livery :D
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

PhillipM
PhillipM

For those that were chatting about the paint density, it was just on the Sky coverage that the new paintscheme is almost 2kg lighter than the old one, partly from better covering power so thinner coats, and partly from loosing the metalflake.