2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Mclaren finally gets a little bit of performance from their engines and right away we get conspiracy theories about how bad was the chasis trough the whole season and how it compromised the engine performance - which was nowhere to be seen...

I must say i am dissapointed in the Mcalren, since they manufactured front and rear wings in a way that they broke so many engines and mgu units. Not to mention they were probably made as airbrakes as well... They finally figured it out that two slots in the front wing is going to allow the engine to breath and release its monstrous power.

Blown my fuse and released my steam, back to normal, move along people, nothing to see anymore...
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

It's amazing and funny in the same time how some people here spread stuff that McLaren is holding back the GREAT HONDA P.U. hahahaah

Sure sure guys. Also, let's not forget that McLaren seems to do better when Red Bull does, too. You see in this track, Red Bull almost got pole position....

HondaRaceReplica
HondaRaceReplica

lets all move on....only three races to go and our unsuccessful partnership is over.....Honda Followers will move on to Scuderia Toro Rosso and hopefully Red Bull in 2019....and Mclaren ...well we will see..Best wishes

j.yank
j.yank

ALO_Power wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 17:57
It's amazing and funny in the same time how some people here spread stuff that McLaren is holding back the GREAT HONDA P.U. hahahaah

Sure sure guys. Also, let's not forget that McLaren seems to do better when Red Bull does, too. You see in this track, Red Bull almost got pole position....
McLaren does better only in slow corners sectors with heavy stop\go events, while RedBull performs better in all sections and circuits. This doesn't speak well for the McLaren aero package. BTW, only one of the RedBulls got updated version of Renault engine this weekend, the other one seems elevated with McLaren. The sudden jump in McLaren-Honda performance cannot be explained only with their chassis, unless if you think that right now the McLaren chassis outperforms the top three teams at least by a second, which is highly doubtful.

DFX
DFX

j.yank wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 18:59
ALO_Power wrote:

McLaren does better only in slow corners sectors with heavy stop\go events, while RedBull performs better in all sections and circuits. This doesn't speak well for the McLaren aero package. BTW, only one of the RedBulls got updated version of Renault engine this weekend, the other one seems elevated with McLaren. The sudden jump in McLaren-Honda performance cannot be explained only with their chassis, unless if you think that right now the McLaren chassis outperforms the top three teams at least by a second, which is highly doubtful.
Your point being? As you said Mclaren does better in slow corners but not only, they have performed as good as the top teams in every high DF sector and in turns with fast change of direction. Every track with lower throttle application per lap, lower dependency on PU, was favorable for Mclaren and we can see, and heard from commentators, how well balanced Mclaren is under braking.

The other RB had to change it's PU, take a close look at the Renault's that we know that dont have a great chassis and how they are performing in this track and compare with the RB's.

PhillipM
PhillipM

It's a good job Mclaren are switching to these reliable Renault engines....I mean there's only a shedload blown up all season.....

DiogoBrand

Judging by what we've seen this year, together with McLaren's luck for the past decade, I think it's fairly possible that by 2019 Honda will be fighting for wins with Renault becoming the running joke for reliability.

Sayeman

Boulier and Brown are probably jumping with optimism for next year seeing how the Renault PUs blowing up left and right.
By the way, another glorious pitstop from Mclaren.

Mclaren chassis for president!
Never Give up.

etusch

Very good race from Alonso. Without penalty I wonder where he were finish

Nicktendo86
Nicktendo86

PhillipM wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 21:57
It's a good job Mclaren are switching to these reliable Renault engines....I mean there's only a shedload blown up all season.....
None can deny Renault need to improve but a Renault powered car has just won another race. They are not there with reliability but are getting there in terms of performance which is more than the team have now with Honda.

RonDennis
RonDennis

Sayeman wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 22:38
Boulier and Brown are probably jumping with optimism for next year seeing how the Renault PUs blowing up left and right.

Boullier and Brown are probably jumping with optimism for next year seeing how the Renault PU is winning again. :D

Those straights were hard to watch. The Honda is still terrible in race trim.

SameSame
SameSame

DFX wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 19:35
j.yank wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 18:59
ALO_Power wrote:

Your point being? As you said Mclaren does better in slow corners but not only, they have performed as good as the top teams in every high DF sector and in turns with fast change of direction. Every track with lower throttle application per lap, lower dependency on PU, was favorable for Mclaren and we can see, and heard from commentators, how well balanced Mclaren is under braking.

The other RB had to change it's PU, take a close look at the Renault's that we know that dont have a great chassis and how they are performing in this track and compare with the RB's.
Finally some logic. The lower the percentage of full throttle per lap the better their package does. Mexico had a similar full throttle percentage to that of Hungary. Anyone that looked at the live timing would see them losing half a second in sector one alone to all the other teams and then claw more than that back in the last two sectors.

Soichiro
Soichiro

etusch wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 22:44
Very good race from Alonso. Without penalty I wonder where he were finish
I believe they could have finished 5th and 7th at best - not bad for a race where they thought points were out of reach. It is a shame Honda could not bring spec 4 to SPA (could not bring it at all at the end) and maybe this partnership would have risen from the ashes. For McLaren sake I hope Renault does a better job next year and of course as a Honda fan I hope they get to mix it with the rest of the engine manufacturers.

Anyway. The last two races could be good for McHonda.

bauc

Good Race by ALO, I loved the way he kept HAM behind for few laps
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

Sayeman wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 22:38

Meanwhile a Renault powered chassis won the race :o
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg