Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

This is not a beauty Contest Topic. Keep it technical.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

adrianjordan

I've been thinking about the mirrors. I agree with others that I don't think they are going to be powerful enough to deflect air into the top sidepod openings.

Think about what part of the car all the teams try to get the best quality airflow to. The diffuser and the rear floor. Could the mirrors be aiming at deflecting the flow of air over the top of the sidepod to somehow increase airflow to the rear floor or improve the quality of the existing airflow to the rear floor?

Those top sidepod openings must have a massive effect on the airflow over the sidepod. Maybe the mirror design is intended to somehow reduce the impact of that.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

BrunoH
BrunoH

i think its just drag reduction, nothing else...

Morteza

Ferrari have placed lights on the edges of their diffuser
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

BrunoH
BrunoH

what are the lights for?

probenprinz
probenprinz

To make details of the extractor desappear from all the photo :D

Morteza

BrunoH wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 11:45
what are the lights for?
To study the tire deformation if I'm not mistaken.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

EDIT

Photo via @F1debrief
Last edited by Morteza on 27 Feb 2018, 13:11, edited 2 times in total.

designf1
designf1

Morteza wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 12:35
Will Tyson (@theWPTformula) Ferrari starting the year with the diffuser they tested over the Abu Dhabi GP weekend (i.e. RBR copy)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXCRIqVXUAEEVyW.jpg

Photo via @F1debrief
Incorrect as detailed here:

[media]https://twitter.com/ImanHansra/status/9 ... 6399973376[/media]

NutritionFact

All what Ferrari have to do is, make the sf71h faster than the f2004, if kimi beats Schumi lap, they should be safe... 😅
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

zioture
zioture

Day 2 test photos

Rake

Full gallery here http://www.newsf1.it/foto-formula-1-day-2-barcellona/

MtthsMlw

Rear upper wishbone is more angled than last year. It was nearly horizontal on the SF70H.
What is the benefit of it?

via Twitter

zac510
zac510

To me the mirrors do look like they have an inlet on them, but I'm yet to see a good photo of the front (glass) side of the mirror, so for the moment, if it is a duct then I'm not sure where the air actually goes.
The mirror glass itself has a minumum dimension regulation to it and I wouldn't have thought they'd want the mirror body to be much larger than that dimension.

MtthsMlw

zac510 wrote:
27 Feb 2018, 23:39
To me the mirrors do look like they have an inlet on them, but I'm yet to see a good photo of the front (glass) side of the mirror, so for the moment, if it is a duct then I'm not sure where the air actually goes.
The mirror glass itself has a minumum dimension regulation to it and I wouldn't have thought they'd want the mirror body to be much larger than that dimension.
Seems pretty normal to me. There is a narrow gap below the glass and the upper one, if there is one at all, cannot be seen from this perspective because the upper edge of the mirror is curved down. I would have thought the gaps would be bigger.

via AMuS