[2018] Pecking order speculation thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Re: [2018] Pecking order speculation thread

1. Mercedes (but WDC goes to Vettel)
2. Ferrari
3. Red Bull
4. Renault
5. McLaren
6. Force India
7. Toro Rosso
8. Haas
9. Williams
10. Sauber
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

marvin78
marvin78

GPR-A wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 05:05
TAG wrote:
04 Mar 2018, 01:02
Bisonas wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 11:49
I just hope Mercedes engine doesn't make some magical leap forward on performance, because if that happens the season will fast loose its interests .
It's F1Tecnical, not F1Magical. It's because of that that I'd love a team to continue to push the technology envelope, if other teams can't keep up, that's their problem. Fanaticals are the ones that lose interest. Fans of technology are the ones that rejoice.

https://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 092015.jpg

The F1 wheel has always turned, This one's on top and that one's on top and on and on it spins, crushing those on the ground.
Plus, i love to see the legends forming! How many of us want to have seen Fangio, Clark and Senna qualify and race live! And the amazing fight here on F1Technical! That was because of their natural talent, zeal, drive and constant striving to get to the top and stay there forever, which is success flowing.

Most of us have only heard of their racing skills. Some of us have had the good fortune of witnessing (directly or indirectly) the legend of Michael form, week after week. In between there were couple of years where the racing was boring for some, but we saw the rise of a legend.

We Saw the "McLaren years", "Ferrari years" and we saw the "Red Bull years" and now we are seeing "Mercedes years". It's such a good fortune to witness the genius of a group and to witness the genius of individuals.

I don't have problem of dominance of a team or an individual. It's up to others to chase and overtake. What I would like to see, is what happened last year. Despite Mercedes not having gone down, the Ferrari rose up to the challenge. Others should do so, rather than Mercedes stopping or gong down, just to get a competition. That sucks.
It happened before. In every dominance there was some point where the winning team had to suffer because of rule changes that explicitly took the advantage(s) away. Mercedes did not and will not. The dominance is far bigger than it was in the Ferrari years and the McLaren and RedBull years. There is a huge difference and most people see that. There is no real fight (and we had that in some of the other years). So I can understand the people who wish for an end of that dominance despite seeing that Mercedes simply does a great job. What they do. No question about that. It's amazing what they can do.

Gerhardsa

Nathanael F1 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 08:34
If Merc has equal or faster car than Ferrari....WDC to Vettel over Hamilton ? Good one :lol:

marvin78
marvin78

Gerhardsa wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 10:42
Nathanael F1 wrote:
If Merc has equal or faster car than Ferrari....WDC to Vettel over Hamilton ? Good one :lol:
Why should that be a joke? As we never had that situation you can't say it would not happen. Could be a tight season if Ferrari, RedBull oder McLaren matches Mercedes over a hole season.

Gerhardsa

We did last year pretty much until Vettel and Ferrari started imploding.

One-on-one, Vet and Ham... I'd say Hamilton will come out on top comfortably

marvin78
marvin78

I don't see that. Mercedes was dominating most races from Barcelona. Could we let this bias out of this? There is no parameter by which we could compare these drivers. It's always the same here.

NathanOlder

Gerhardsa wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 10:42
Nathanael F1 wrote:
My thoughts exactly =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Gerhardsa

So you assume I support Hamilton and by that assumption, I am being bias? Lol, hardly!

Don't get me wrong. I like Merc (and Ham obviously), but I also like McLaren and Ferrari. I actually support Dan Ric and the Old man (Alonso), so no....just talking to what has been plainly obvious over the last 10 years.

NathanOlder

I fell if Merc have the best car, then its going to be near impossible for Vet or any other driver to beat him. Bottas will have the best chance no he's in his 2nd year.

Ham
Ric
Bot
Max
Vet
Alo
Hulk
Sai
Van
Kimi

is my top 10.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marvin78
marvin78

Really? Obvious? Where? I did not see that. Must be blind. It's funny what people state for facts. I don't support any driver. I don't understand the concept of being a fan of someone else I don't really know. So why did I not see that? I don't say that you could not be right but I also don't see, why that is obvious as there ist noch evidence for things like that.

But this does not belong in a pecking oder speculation thread. Put it in the ones for driver fans.

Gerhardsa

Car wise? I will redo this after the 2nd test but so far

1. Merc
2. Ferrari
3. RBR
4-6.Mclaren/Renault/FI (its anybody's guess at this stage)
7-8 Williams, Hass,
9. STR
10. Alfa Sauber

Gerhardsa

marvin78 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 12:25
It's funny what people state for facts.
But this does not belong in a pecking oder speculation thread. Put it in the ones for driver fans.

Now you are being funny!
We all know which of those two drivers will win the "fact" argument. The only thing in a sport such as this that can be taken as fact, are the STATS no? That's all we have to go on if they don't race in the same team.

Poles, Wins, Podiums, Total Points, Average quali position, Average finishing position, comparison with team mates (quali and races), most laps lead, etc etc.

There are surely more stats that can be used, but in the end they will predominantly point in 1 direction...the Brit
Oh and, "And being in the right car at the right time", is part of the game. Most of the greats called it correctly during their careers as well (being in the correct car) apart from maybe Alonso.

Ok, I am done with this argument now as well.

marvin78
marvin78

Yeah. You don't get it. You can't compare. So there are no real facts. There are too much circumstances we don't see. I don't like this. It would be the for me same if you said the opposite (Vettel would win an equal fight) or Magnussen would win over Sainz. It's just annoying. It's just speculation and I don't like speculation statet as "all know that" fact.

But ok. It annoys just me because I don't see this things although I look very closely. For me it's better to be not fan of anyone so I can see the bigger picture.
Last edited by marvin78 on 05 Mar 2018, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Come on and stop bi*ching about facts - this is "[2018] Pecking order speculation thread", so let people speculate, even if they don't share your opinion.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

marvin78
marvin78

CBeck113 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 13:13
Come on and stop bi*ching about facts - this is "[2018] Pecking order speculation thread", so let people speculate, even if they don't share your opinion.
You're right but there are some people who state speculation as facts. That's my problem with that.