2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

puttin them on ultrasoft was crazy. they cant get any pace of it.

j.yank
j.yank

Alonso Fan wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:24
j.yank wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:22
It seems that this chassis has a lot of issues with the tires but on top of it the team has troubles with the race strategy. This was the most stupid thing to start from back positions with US despite that this is the most problematic compound for TR. Gasly was smart enough to get 7th place after the start havoc, but his tires were gone and as well cold as stone after the SC. Instead to pit immediately for new tires, they left him to drop on 14th place. The pace on the straights seems good, so I would blame Honda for this lack of performance.
Wait you would?

I wouldn't
Sorry - typo.

Alonso Fan

j.yank wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:29
Alonso Fan wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:24
j.yank wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 16:22
It seems that this chassis has a lot of issues with the tires but on top of it the team has troubles with the race strategy. This was the most stupid thing to start from back positions with US despite that this is the most problematic compound for TR. Gasly was smart enough to get 7th place after the start havoc, but his tires were gone and as well cold as stone after the SC. Instead to pit immediately for new tires, they left him to drop on 14th place. The pace on the straights seems good, so I would blame Honda for this lack of performance.
Wait you would?

I wouldn't
Sorry - typo.
I knew it was I was just having some fun :)

Glad to see Honda really up there in terms of engine power and deployment. Shame about qualy. Decent recovery for Hartley
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman
techman

hartly really lucky, he was driving with his slow pace and others made mistake after mistake and finally got his point. i doubt he will get any more points soon.

427cubes
427cubes

Is Toro Rosso running too less down force which inturn is resulting into tyre warming issues?

!Technical
!Technical

Would the white car that came 6th be able to do so if it had the Honda PU? Hmmm

427cubes
427cubes

Following statement from Tanabe confirms that they got passed on straights due to lack of power. The lack still seems quite substantial with respect to the long straights.

"The whole package lacked top speed today, more so than on the first two days and we must now look at the cause for that. However, it is clear that part of the reason for this is that we are still slightly down on power compared to our rivals. We knew this and are working hard on development to improve, while not compromising the reliability of the PU components."

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

427cubes wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:27
Following statement from Tanabe confirms that they got passed on straights due to lack of power. The lack still seems quite substantial with respect to the long straights.

"The whole package lacked top speed today, more so than on the first two days and we must now look at the cause for that. However, it is clear that part of the reason for this is that we are still slightly down on power compared to our rivals. We knew this and are working hard on development to improve, while not compromising the reliability of the PU components."
So, will people still continue to go around here and tell that Honda is better than Renault?

JonoNic

ivanlesk wrote:
427cubes wrote:

So, will people still continue to go around here and tell that Honda is better than Renault?
For now we will stay quiet... until next race
Always find the gap then use it.

Squid
Squid

Magnussen hit Gasly at some point. MAG got a 10 second penalty and 2 points on his license, so it was likely serious enough to cause some damage to Gasly's car.

loner

ivanlesk wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 18:49
427cubes wrote:

he said rivals which mean Mercedes and Ferrari PU as well which we all know Honda lacks power to them and who said they are better than Renault everyone know they are 10 hp behind currently till Canada upgrade no one know what will happens ...
we can't deny the chassis part.. nothing to see here...
para bellum.

etusch

ivanlesk wrote:
427cubes wrote:

I don't know who said that. I see that everyone aware of situation and also from start of season TR said that Honda a bit behind Renault. Chassis and conditions change game. We saw both renault works team passed two redbull here. And what we saw at Bahrain shows that there is a power gap with renault tolerable by chassis.
Last edited by etusch on 29 Apr 2018, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

McMika98
McMika98

ivanlesk wrote:

Yes, with one of the worst chassis and drivers. The car was the slowest in the slow speed sectors. My heart sank when even Sauber was pulling away in the narrow sections where you would have thought that engine power would be a non factor. It wasnt the straight line power that was the issue, every car would be within few tenths before the long straight due to the piss poor traction.
Oh btw Mclaren is the worst Renault powered car now. Hartley beat one of them in a fair fight. So no need to gloat.

Sayeman

McMika98 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 20:10
ivanlesk wrote:

Yes, with one of the worst chassis and drivers. The car was the slowest in the slow speed sectors. My heart sank when even Sauber was pulling away in the narrow sections where you would have thought that engine power would be a non factor. It wasnt the straight line power that was the issue, every car would be within few tenths before the long straight due to the piss poor traction.
Oh btw Mclaren is the worst Renault powered car now. Hartley beat one of them in a fair fight. So no need to gloat.
What exactly have they done today to warrant the gloating I wonder? Got passed by Sauber, Williams...everyone. The points were purely based on luck.

Waiting for the Canada 27bhp update. But first they will need to improve the chassis and race mangement.
Never Give up.

maguetox
maguetox

I thing there are two things that need some kind of recognition to Honda.

First, the upgrade parts on the MGUH after Australia failure apparently are working fine even after the Baku race.

Second 4 races completed and the Honda PU keep working fine, so this is an achivement per se, so Honda have a good base to keep its development and gainings.