2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Shrieker

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

proteus wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:39
Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:32
proteus wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:25

Defending against Lewis is illegal now?
Nice trolling.

He went over to Hamilton's side at turn 4 to squeeze him and they rubbed wheels.

If you don't know, that corner is a left hander, and he went right to run Hamilton out of road. If not for Hamilton's vigilance, his race would've ended there. Both illegal and dirty from Alonso.
The atacking driver needs to think about a move he is making. You cant stick your nose where you decide you want to and expect that driver infront will look at you at the mirror while going full speed into a corner. We saw what happened at the last race. Next time he should be less on the radio and think more about how to come trough...Overall he had more than a second per lap faster car.
He put his front left wheel alongside Alonso's rear right. Alonso decided to move over to him to run him out of road, not the other way round - which caused contact.

Not hard to grasp really.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

basti313
basti313

ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:55
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:50
I wish Horner would stop going on about the cost cap. It wasn’t a problem when other cars were getting damaged. They have been really unlucky in the last couple of races but they signed up to the same rules as everyone else.
How convenient for Mercedes to cause millions in damage to Red Bull, where as Mercedes have been doing it to themselves.
Yes...I am a fan of the cost cap and maybe it is even too high still. But now that Merc has taken out three Bulls and were penalized for this, I feel a bit like these many millions are a bit unfair. So far Merc has done damage to themselves.

We also need to see, that most probably Per will get a 10 place for the engine...also here the championship battle should not be decided by this when Bot gets 5 place for taking him out.
Don`t russel the hamster!

dtro
dtro

JordanMugen wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:51
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:49
Mattchu wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:44

100%, not sure why others even give them the time of day!
Sadly the mods seem to allow them to carry on doing it. The thread is 50% Max fans insulting Hamilton, Bottas and Mercedes.
Why shouldn't Bottas be insulted? Bottas made a dumb mistake.

Hamilton's inexplicable complaining about a fair and legal defence by Alonso deserves to be insulted, as it sounds ridiculous.
Agreed. Bottas' driving isn't befitting a Merc drive, and Hamilton well...

godlameroso

Big Tea wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:00
godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:59
ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:51

It's to be expected, he's on the team that deserved the boos. And these Ham fans demand respect, as if they have the moral high ground.
They are very moral with their actions, they don't do anything petty or political at all. One wonders if all their development money is going into buying influence and doing shady albeit ineffective things on the side.
Like getting an AM or Mclaren to that the fastest lap point? :mrgreen:
Well Mr.Wolff does seem to have an awful lot of influence over those teams as AM has his fingers all up in it, and McLaren has Mercedes engines.

I can imagine that conversation "Hi Zak this is Toto, do you want some AMG engines for your future road cars...."
Saishū kōnā

politburo
politburo

godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:54
politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:46
godlameroso wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:41

How? Vettel crashed on his own, here Mercedes is doing the crashing.
In the championship I meant, when Vettel crashed the championship turned and it went in Hamilton's control.
Right but it wasn't just one Vettel self own, it was several self owns. Canada, Germany, then finally Singapore. Verstappen doesn't self own like that. He gets taken out through no fault of his own. So if he keeps it clean, I doubt he'll just self own like Vettel and the way he collapses under pressure.

The car he was driving was probably missing 1/3 of its downforce, and the balance must have been horrendous and he still had pace, he never quit racing.

Plus if Verstappen was one DNF from turning the championship on its head, so is Hamilton; what goes around comes around, and it comes back with interest.
That's definitely true, this season is really serving up some surprise, perhaps there is another Monaco or Baku coming where Hamilton just isn't on the pace. Very unlikely though this deep in the season. Verstappen generally does well under pressure, and all 2 of his DNFs were not really in his control. And this race I think if it wasn't for Ricciardo holding him up on all three of his stints, he would have scored maybe 4 points instead of the 1 he did since was faster than both Williams' even without the right-side bargeboards.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Redragon

Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:03
proteus wrote:
Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:32

Nice trolling.

He went over to Hamilton's side at turn 4 to squeeze him and they rubbed wheels.

If you don't know, that corner is a left hander, and he went right to run Hamilton out of road. If not for Hamilton's vigilance, his race would've ended there. Both illegal and dirty from Alonso.
The atacking driver needs to think about a move he is making. You cant stick your nose where you decide you want to and expect that driver infront will look at you at the mirror while going full speed into a corner. We saw what happened at the last race. Next time he should be less on the radio and think more about how to come trough...Overall he had more than a second per lap faster car.
He put his front left wheel alongside Alonso's rear right. Alonso decided to move over to him to run him out of road, not the other way round - which caused contact.

If alonso move was illegal, hamilton move last week was illegal. Today was a great racing with plenty of space and not touching. Lucky for Hamilton that Alonso did a mistake otherwise would have been out of the podium.

Redragon

Thanks god Alonso is not a team player!!

Poleman

Long time since i last posted here although ive been watching closely and i have to say its sad to see (i wont call any usernames you all know who they are) being so bitter and toxic and trying to provoke an argument with other users and trolling hard. Hamilton and Verstappen got so much under your skins and you really have to defend/attack the either of them and even go as far as insult other people in this very forum.Its so bizzare this behaviour because after all after the race is over they (drivers) are going on with their lives driving their cars and getting their salaries and we are going back to our everyday problems.Just be thankful that we have F1 as an escape from our life and enjoy the races (being passionate about X driver is completely fine and understandable but being toxic to your fellow forum members is not acceptable IMO ).I wont blame mods for this as you cant fight stupidity there is so much they can do,but i miss the forum as it was back some 10 years ago when i joined.

Great race and nice action throughout. Also nice crashes and nice drama.Just enjoy it fellow trolls,breath the toxicity out and maybe you will enjoy F1 whether Hamilton or Verstappen wins.
Sorry for the long sheet,enjoy the summer break old fellow members and see you again in Spa. :)

Big Tea

Redragon wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:06
Shrieker wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:03
proteus wrote:

If alonso move was illegal, hamilton move last week was illegal. Today was a great racing with plenty of space and not touching. Lucky for Hamilton that Alonso did a mistake otherwise would have been out of the podium.
This is what I think. Heat of the moment from the driver 'just to get it out of his system' but this is what racing should be
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

geogate
geogate

Lewis on the grid for the restart was one of the funniest things ive ever seen. Damn i wish they could use the radio on the start line

godlameroso

politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:59
JordanMugen wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:48
politburo wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:46

In the championship I meant, when Vettel crashed the championship turned and it went in Hamilton's control.
Yes, but that was Vettel ruining his own championship. Here it is Pirelli tyre failure, incident for which Hamilton was penalised, and an incident caused by Bottas.

It's not skill from Hamilton and not Verstappen falling apart.
Yes but the way things are going, now Mercedes' package has that 2 or 3 tenths RB had in the earlier part of the season, we are going into Spa and Monza two tracks were straight-line speed and inherent high-speed grip are king and Merc have shown they have both. Furthermore, Perez risks qualifying 4th or lower every weekend because he doesn't have great 1 lap pace and that may compromise Verstappen's championship run if his rear-gunner is not always there with him at the front to fight the other contender.
Mercedes package had 2 or 3 tenths on Verstappen in qualifying with an engine that wasn't 100%.
Saishū kōnā

El Scorchio

Poleman wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:08
Long time since i last posted here although ive been watching closely and i have to say its sad to see (i wont call any usernames you all know who they are) being so bitter and toxic and trying to provoke an argument with other users and trolling hard. Hamilton and Verstappen got so much under your skins and you really have to defend/attack the either of them and even go as far as insult other people in this very forum.Its so bizzare this behaviour because after all after the race is over they (drivers) are going on with their lives driving their cars and getting their salaries and we are going back to our everyday problems.Just be thankful that we have F1 as an escape from our life and enjoy the races (being passionate about X driver is completely fine and understandable but being toxic to your fellow forum members is not acceptable IMO ).I wont blame mods for this as you cant fight stupidity there is so much they can do,but i miss the forum as it was back some 10 years ago when i joined.

Great race and nice action throughout. Also nice crashes and nice drama.Just enjoy it fellow trolls,breath the toxicity out and maybe you will enjoy F1 whether Hamilton or Verstappen wins.
Sorry for the long sheet,enjoy the summer break old fellow members and see you again in Spa. :)
=D> =D> =D>

Shrieker

Redragon wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 18:06
If alonso move was illegal, hamilton move last week was illegal.
If you're talking about the British GP, there's a thread for that. If facts are your thing, there's also an analysis thread. As for comparing the two instances, apples and oranges.

Today was a great racing with plenty of space and not touching.
Alonso didn't mind about crashing at all, that's why his defence worked. If he was running for the title, that was not how he would've defended. Also, the bold part is factually incorrect - Alonso did try crowding Lewis out of road, and it ended in contact. Facts don't care about your feelings.
Lucky for Hamilton that Alonso did a mistake otherwise would have been out of the podium.
You mean Lewis pushed him into a mistake, after piling relentless pressure on him, lap after lap after lap.
Last edited by Shrieker on 01 Aug 2021, 18:14, edited 5 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ispano6

El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:58
ispano6 wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:55
El Scorchio wrote:
01 Aug 2021, 17:50
I wish Horner would stop going on about the cost cap. It wasn’t a problem when other cars were getting damaged. They have been really unlucky in the last couple of races but they signed up to the same rules as everyone else.
How convenient for Mercedes to cause millions in damage to Red Bull, where as Mercedes have been doing it to themselves.
Stop it with the ridiculous conspiracy theory stuff.
Congratulations, you've made it to my ignore list. BTW, my comment is 100% fact, you just don't see it. You can ignore me.

zibby43
zibby43