2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dtro
dtro

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Jambier wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 16:38
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwH2S3RWQAI ... me=900x900

Better with less stickers
Back of the car looks like a bruised tomato, hopefully it'll go better than the livery looks.

aMessageToCharlie
aMessageToCharlie

The real livery "issue" for me are the chunky white driver numbers rather than the green mw logo.

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 17:38
El Scorchio wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 13:30
Absolutely this. Nailed it. I also think maybe they've opted to stick with the wrong man, and also that they've taken him away from his position of strength and put him in one which is not his strength, which is bad for both sides of the team- the design/technical side and the business side. He should be in the Allison/Newey role. Not the Wolff/Horner one.

i think it's very interesting how his role seemed to change in the latter part of last year. IMO it would be smart to move him back to his area of expertise and let someone else handle all the 'crap' of the team principal role.
Binotto has already announced he won't attend every race this season, will stay on the factory focussing on the 2022 car, it does seem like Ferrari wants him back on his old role, but they need to save face both in not humiliating him and saying he's back at TD someone else is the TP and not giving people more ammo for the "Ferrari changes TP as often as underwear".

Different topic: Not a fan of the green, looks bad and i don't like empty gestures "we put some green on the car, we love the environment... here's another v12 Berlinetta btw".

Though that was probably Philip Morris request.
Having Binotto back to his old technical role is the best idea Ferrari can have, if they have to do it like this way in order to preserve his pride, no problem.

Schippke
Schippke

A bit late to the Launch Party, but anyway! :oops:

New Livery is... questionable? The transition from the current day Red to the original Red is interesting, though not sure it was really necessary since it was used to commemorate 1000 Grand Prix. I personally don't mind the 'painted' look of the numbers on the engine cover, though I think they should've changed it to a more modern font they've used in more recent years to match the modern look of the car, and keep the painted ones on the back of the engine cover to match the historic colours... if that makes any sense?

As for the Mission Winnow green... yeah, not sure who decided that was a swell idea! #-o It just looks so out of place on the car in that colour; Some have mentioned if somewhere in the MW itself they used white so it could mimic an Italian Flag like look with the background being Red, then maybe... but as it is now, should've just left it white and be done with it in my view.

The SF21 itself, definitely surprised with what they've managed to change on the car, particularly towards the front giving how tight and restrictive the 2021 regulations are. I'm hopeful they'll claw back a decent chunk of performance. As mentioned previously, I'm not expecting wins or podiums (unless they luck into them due to Mercedes/Red Bull dramas) but hopefully being at the strong end of the midfield is within reach. Interesting hearing about the rumours going back and forth about the Power Unit however, not seeming to be as big of step forward as some may have been expecting; I guess one must take into consideration that all the other suppliers have also made gains... so unless Ferrari has truly clawed back any of their 2019 performance figures, they very well may still have the weakest Power Unit on the current grid...

santos
santos

Schippke wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 13:25
A bit late to the Launch Party, but anyway! :oops:

New Livery is... questionable? The transition from the current day Red to the original Red is interesting, though not sure it was really necessary since it was used to commemorate 1000 Grand Prix. I personally don't mind the 'painted' look of the numbers on the engine cover, though I think they should've changed it to a more modern font they've used in more recent years to match the modern look of the car, and keep the painted ones on the back of the engine cover to match the historic colours... if that makes any sense?

As for the Mission Winnow green... yeah, not sure who decided that was a swell idea! #-o It just looks so out of place on the car in that colour; Some have mentioned if somewhere in the MW itself they used white so it could mimic an Italian Flag like look with the background being Red, then maybe... but as it is now, should've just left it white and be done with it in my view.

The SF21 itself, definitely surprised with what they've managed to change on the car, particularly towards the front giving how tight and restrictive the 2021 regulations are. I'm hopeful they'll claw back a decent chunk of performance. As mentioned previously, I'm not expecting wins or podiums (unless they luck into them due to Mercedes/Red Bull dramas) but hopefully being at the strong end of the midfield is within reach. Interesting hearing about the rumours going back and forth about the Power Unit however, not seeming to be as big of step forward as some may have been expecting; I guess one must take into consideration that all the other suppliers have also made gains... so unless Ferrari has truly clawed back any of their 2019 performance figures, they very well may still have the weakest Power Unit on the current grid...
The green logo for the Mission Winnow it's a success. Every fan of F1 has talked about that. It will be seen during the test days and the ones who aren't very ware about what is it, will probably look about it. Most of the races we won't see the Misson Winnow on the car. Does it look good? No. But i don't belive it was the target.

bosyber
bosyber

Yep, that's my feeling with the MW logo too - make it hideously obnoxiously noticable for the short time it will be on the car, then everyone will be relieved it's gone and in the mean time it already generated a lot of attention which a 'yeah it is still a red car' Ferrari launch clearly wouldn't have.

RZS10

The transition between the colours should either be a clear line or smoother ... looks like someone took a rattlecan to the back of the car

JordanMugen

RZS10 wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 14:34
The transition between the colours should either be a clear line or smoother ... looks like someone took a rattlecan to the back of the car
Jambier wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:14
I don't know what to think, I need picture of car on track with sun to see something :D
Morteza wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 13:21
I found this
Oh, that two-tone looks even worse on track than it did in the studio pictures. :|

The Ducati two-tone livery is far more elegant (Ducati are no longer sponsored by Phillip Morris?):

Jolle
Jolle

JordanMugen wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 15:01
RZS10 wrote:
11 Mar 2021, 14:34
Jambier wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:14
I don't know what to think, I need picture of car on track with sun to see something :D
Oh, that two-tone looks even worse on track than it did in the studio pictures. :|

The Ducati two-tone livery is far more elegant (Ducati are no longer sponsored by Phillip Morris?):

https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... 2021-2.jpg
PMI still has the same agreement with Ducati as they have with Ferrari, only were they able to sell the title name to Lenovo.

dtro
dtro

Looks like they circumcised the 2020 nose.

Sevach
Sevach

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/11/fer ... reen-logo/

Here's the "explanation".

I hope it isn't present in any races again.

Partymood
Partymood

JordanMugen wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:38
Partymood wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:22
You should know that that was the original colour with which they run, infact it was used to commemorate the 1000th GP entered. 🙄
True, but the Rosso Corsa colour is much better known.

Schippke wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:06
but that's unlikely for the foreseeable future (the gold wheels especially! :( ).
IIRC, Toro Rosso were the last to race these (and now are racing equally lovely white wheels, albeit OZ and no longer Apptech). It seems curious that F1 teams are not more creative with the colours of their wheels -- all the others seem to be silver, anthracite or black (how dull #-o ).

The Toro Rosso:
https://racecarsdirect.com/content/User ... 31.jpg?v=5
https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Detai ... ric-vergne

PS. Anyone fancy a F1 car project with Cosworth engine and Ferrari gearbox? :D Worth so much less because of the lowly badge "Toro Rosso" and not "Ferrari". :cry:
just to clarify, I,d much prefer the 80's Ferrari livery too...even in matte, but with black rims

Partymood
Partymood

Sevach wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 06:00
https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/11/fer ... reen-logo/

Here's the "explanation".

I hope it isn't present in any races again.
I don't remember where, but i read that Ferrari and Philip Morris are due to part ways in the next couple of years

Sevach
Sevach

Sevach
Sevach