2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Neno
Neno

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

Vasconia wrote:Still too early to be worried with Mclaren. But 5 laps in the second day is not good and is quite fustrating when you see that even Lotus is doing more laps.
why everyone have problem with Lotus doing more laps than well Mclaren? :? This is Enstone's car and Enstone is one of best factories in F1 ever. Last year was anomaly and not something which every year happens. Not every year team lose 3/4 of their staff, have financial struggles and in same time have new complete change of car regulations and one of worst engine units. If I am not wrong Lotus was and probably still is one of best teams in F1. One bad year doesnt mean they are new Marrusia to be benchmark for your Mclaren.

Vasconia

Neno wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Still too early to be worried with Mclaren. But 5 laps in the second day is not good and is quite fustrating when you see that even Lotus is doing more laps.
why everyone have problem with Lotus doing more laps than well Mclaren? :? This is Enstone's car and Enstone is one of best factories in F1 ever. Last year was anomaly and not something which every year happens. Not every year team lose 3/4 of their staff, have financial struggles and in same time have new complete change of car regulations and one of worst engine units. If I am not wrong Lotus was and probably still is one of best teams in F1. One bad year doesnt mean they are new Marrusia to be benchmark for your Mclaren.
I was not trying to despise Lotus, I have explained myself so badly!. It was just the opposite. 2014 was an awful year for Lotus, lots of problems with the chasis and the engine. Now they have a new chasis, a new engine and they prepared the car in only a few hours. It was normal to think that they were going to have a lot of problems to run today.

So this "normal"testing day has been a surprise. I know how good they are but they can always surprise me.

Vasconia

Juzh wrote:
Lotus uses a heavily tested field winning PU which actually works, unlike last year's renault. Why wouldn't they be doing laps?
I have already answered to other user, but just to mention that its not enough to have a well tested PU but it also essential to achieve a good interaction between the car/chasis and the PU. Plus Lotus have prepared the car in only a few hours, impressive work.

dren

Honda is going back out.
Honda!

McMrocks
McMrocks

dren wrote:Honda is going back out.
and in again

dren

And back in...
Honda!

George-Jung
George-Jung

SidSidney wrote:Predicitons for today?

- Hamilton / Mercedes sets a time early on that blows Ferrari away.
- McLaren gets the engine running but struggles in other departments, lots of integration/packaging issues
- Ferrari starts to drop down the timesheets as others start to wind it up
- Lotus disappoints
You should stop predicting my friend.. :D

JoeE
JoeE

dren wrote:And back in...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Juzh

At this point mclaren/honda are looking increasingly like red bull/renault in 2014.

ncassi22
ncassi22

McMrocks wrote:
dren wrote:Honda is going back out.
and in again
Maybe they should try tapping it with a hammer...?

JoeE
JoeE

I know its testing, I know this can be expected, but by Christ its not looking great, < 12 laps for 2 days running is no where good enough no matter what your doing.

Neno
Neno

Vasconia wrote:
Neno wrote:
I was not trying to despise Lotus, I have explained myself so badly!. It was just the opposite. 2014 was an awful year for Lotus, lots of problems with the chasis and the engine. Now they have a new chasis, a new engine and they prepared the car in only a few hours. It was normal to think that they were going to have a lot of problems to run today.

So this "normal"testing day has been a surprise. I know how good they are but they can always surprise me.
Ok then. :D I sure did overreact so my bad also. When you explained i can see why you said what you said.

Richard
Richard

Juzh wrote:At this point mclaren/honda are looking increasingly like red bull/renault in 2014.
Oh no, they're doomed! This is terrible! ..... Hang on second, how did last season play out for RB?

Mesteño

Button has been called by the commisaries according to some journalists on twitter and he is late to his press conference. Wonder why.
https://twitter.com/crosaleny/status/562283087435137024

NathanOlder

Richard wrote:
Juzh wrote:At this point mclaren/honda are looking increasingly like red bull/renault in 2014.
Oh no, they're doomed! This is terrible! ..... Hang on second, how did last season play out for RB?
They had their worse season in over 5 years, they lost both crowns, their star man left for the rivals and they signed a rookie to replace him. So it depends what way you look at it really.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC