2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bauc

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

max_speed wrote:i am getting slightly nervous with mclaren honda now . start of today not going well , just after a lap , body covers are off and engineers taking a look at rear , first two days i was ok that they are having issues but on fourth day , extra year worth of information from mclaren on mercedes engine and still no decent running.
Lets wait and see, maybe they are looking to check if the same problem with the water leak re-appears or not. Maybe they want to make sure its all good before they send Jenson on long run.

EDIT* @McLarenF1 - Jenson's completed his installation. Now waiting for the track to dry a little... #Jerez #SizeZeroF1Car
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Vary
Vary

Red flag, it's kviat red bull

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

max_speed wrote:i am getting slightly nervous with mclaren honda now . start of today not going well , just after a lap , body covers are off and engineers taking a look at rear , first two days i was ok that they are having issues but on fourth day , extra year worth of information from mclaren on mercedes engine and still no decent running.

Why? This is testing. Installation lap done. Team twatter that went to plan and they're waiting for track conditions to improve and there's a red flag at the mo. I think people need to chill. :wink:

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Vary wrote:Red flag, it's kviat red bull
I do hope he hasn't stuffed it. Already had a clip across the head this week from Helmut!

EDIT - looks like he stuck it in the gravel. Hopefully OK.
Last edited by Alexgtt on 04 Feb 2015, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Harsha
Harsha

Marussia/Manor set to exit administration on February 19 via a Company Voluntary Arrangement. Key move towards team being on 2015
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/ ... 4724216832

mikeerfol

Harsha wrote:Marussia/Manor set to exit administration on February 19 via a Company Voluntary Arrangement. Key move towards team being on 2015

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/ ... 4724216832
https://twitter.com/GrandPrixTimes/stat ... 7428900864

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Wow! But please post in the Team Murussia thread.

djos

Alexgtt wrote:
Vary wrote:Red flag, it's kviat red bull
I do hope he hasn't stuffed it. Already had a clip across the head this week from Helmut!

EDIT - looks like he stuck it in the gravel. Hopefully OK.
Argh, I hope they leave DK at home for the rest of testing, that's twice he's cocked up now!
"In downforce we trust"

max_speed
max_speed

Alexgtt wrote: Why? This is testing. Installation lap done. Team twatter that went to plan and they're waiting for track conditions to improve and there's a red flag at the mo. I think people need to chill. :wink:
"Lots of work still going on at McLaren. Bodywork is still off the car so it's not coming out any time soon, it seems."

look like they are putting brave face though tweets but things are not as good as they are showing

kooleracer
kooleracer

Has Red Bull shot it self in the foot with their extreme cooling solution like last year? Toro Rosso has taken the conservative route and they seem to have no problem with the Renault powerunit. Like last year Red Bull are loosing track time because of powerunit (overheating) issues.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Andres125sx

santos wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Pre-season, please calm down, no top team will show their real pace, while mid-fielders are running a bluff to impress posible sponsors

Actually just first test of pre-seasson....

PS: Ferrari should be considered a mid-fielder, 4th team who recogniced this season will be difficult for them :wink:
So you think Ferrari is looking for a new sponsor? I don't know if they are as good as they are showing, but seems that they are better then last year. If Ferrari is the 4th team, Mclaren will be the 9th from what i see.
Not sure if they need sponsors, but they need some attention, that´s sure.

And what´s the reason you say they´re better than last year? Last year Alonso had a nice battle with Massa and his Williams for the fastest lap of Jerez pre-season testing, so I don´t see mayor differences this pre-season

And no if´s, Ferrari IS the 4th team, and they must be happy only Mercedes, Red Bull and Williams beat them, McLaren would have needed few more GPs to pass them. I´m not talking about pre-season, but about last season stadings. I don´t try to take any conclusion about pre-season, IMHO that´s absurd, pre-season is pre-season, means nothing.

Ask Red Bull, a complete disaster on 2014 pre-season but they got 3 victories on the season, the only team apart from Mercedes with some victory last season

Sevach
Sevach

Andres125sx wrote:
And what´s the reason you say they´re better than last year? Last year Alonso had a nice battle with Massa and his Williams for the fastest lap of Jerez pre-season testing, so I don´t see mayor differences this pre-season
Actually Magnussen was the fastest car last year.

Andres125sx

Chene_Mostert wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Pre-season, please calm down, no top team will show their real pace, while mid-fielders are running a bluff to impress posible sponsors

Actually just first test of pre-seasson....

PS: Ferrari should be considered a mid-fielder, 4th team who recogniced this season will be difficult for them :wink:
2015 will be less difficult than 2014. They do not have ball and chain Alonso :wink:
Sure, best driver on the grid getting results you´d have never expected (two podiums) is a pita :lol:
Last edited by Andres125sx on 04 Feb 2015, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Vasconia

max_speed wrote:
Alexgtt wrote: Why? This is testing. Installation lap done. Team twatter that went to plan and they're waiting for track conditions to improve and there's a red flag at the mo. I think people need to chill. :wink:
"Lots of work still going on at McLaren. Bodywork is still off the car so it's not coming out any time soon, it seems."

look like they are putting brave face though tweets but things are not as good as they are showing
Looks that they are going to loose another few hours. :(

bauc

From AUTOSPORT

McLaren watch: BEN ANDERSON tells us that the team is hoping to be out in 5-10 minutes. It had to take the floor off of the MP4-30 to check something relating to the Honda engine.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg