2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

johnny vee

Sieper wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 21:14
johnny vee wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 10:03
I'm looking forward to Hungary, hopefully the upgrades will work well.
Any solid news on if Verstappen will take an engine penalty in Spa. I need to start planning for my fantasy team to make the right changes in Hungary and then in Spa to have Max and Redbull if Max is taking the engine penalty there. Please help guys. Thank you.
I think it is a guarantee. They wanted to take the engine in Canada. It blew up straight away. Checo has his new engine already. Max will need to get it. Spa seems one of the less worse places (---).
Thank you
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

A comment from Cardile earlier this year:
The tyre wear is about how the car is operated, which is ruled by the aero behaviour of the car unless the suspension is massively wrong in compliance or kinematics. Suspension can play a role only if it’s bad.”
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... direction/

PlatinumZealot

stonehenge wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 16:50
AR3-GP wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 15:39
If it’s only 1.5 tenths, Mercedes will surpass them this year and be ahead next year. Mercedes has much more windtunnel and CFD time. Mercedes also has introduced very few aerodynamic updates to this point and Wolff said a lot of performance is coming.

Performance in Hungary and Spa will set the future for the team. The position of both drivers will become clear.

3 tenths and there’s a good chance of keeping Ver for 2025.
If they bring 3 tenths I’ll eat my hat. At this point in the regs, that would be legitimately insane. Even 1.5 tenths is ambitious IMO given how little the recent Red Bull upgrades have brought. I agree with you that this will be a huge moment for the team. This needs to work.
Agreed. Diminishing returns. It will be about whose car can be quick on more types of tracks!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

venkyhere
venkyhere

PlatinumZealot wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 01:30
Agreed. Diminishing returns. It will be about whose car can be quick on more types of tracks!
Hungaroring = probably the slowest track after Monaco. In don't think Redbull should even hope.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

venkyhere wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 10:30
Hungaroring = probably the slowest track after Monaco. In don't think Redbull should even hope.
Weren't the bumps the biggest issue for Red Bull in Monaco? I think Hungaroring shouldn't have that problem I think.

Dee
Dee

SirBastianVettel wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 11:02
venkyhere wrote:
Weren't the bumps the biggest issue for Red Bull in Monaco? I think Hungaroring shouldn't have that problem I think.
Would it be insane of me to say that because the teams are so level now, that Max's talent shines more on the more complicated tracks, Silverstone was supposed to be good for them but Merc and Mclaren were faster, maybe on tracks that have a mix of every corner, Max can make some difference even though the car of course is tricky. Most of the tracks that were said not to suit RB, he managed to get a win since Miami.

venkyhere
venkyhere

SirBastianVettel wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
Slow corners, plenty.
Stiff suspension weakness.

Dunlay
Dunlay

venkyhere wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 11:21
SirBastianVettel wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
Slow corners, plenty.
RB20 did performe very poorly in Silverstone where there were slow corners and struggled to get on traction. Unless they find some cure to that, Hungaroring wouldn't be a rewarding experience.

basti313
basti313

Dunlay wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 12:53
venkyhere wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:

Slow corners, plenty.
RB20 did performe very poorly in Silverstone where there were slow corners and struggled to get on traction. Unless they find some cure to that, Hungaroring wouldn't be a rewarding experience.
Well, the track was wet. Also poison to a stiff suspension. We do not have a clear picture on a dry track, but at the beginning Max was faster than Lando.
I think they have a problem with a wet track or generally low grip situations now. There is more to come in this regard...Spore, Baku, Vegas will be tracks where they suffer.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Dunlay
Dunlay

basti313 wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:02
Dunlay wrote:
venkyhere wrote:

Slow corners, plenty.
Well, the track was wet. Also poison to a stiff suspension. We do not have a clear picture on a dry track, but at the beginning Max was faster than Lando.
I think they have a problem with a wet track or generally low grip situations now. There is more to come in this regard...Spore, Baku, Vegas will be tracks where they suffer.
I was not referring to race performance. It was obvious to see their struggles throughout the weekend, including the first stint in race.

Cassius
Cassius

Dunlay wrote:
venkyhere wrote:
SirBastianVettel wrote:

Slow corners, plenty.
RB20 seems to suffer on front limited corners. Hungary also has a lot of rear limited corners. It could well be the Hungary upgrade targets better balance / front DF.

basti313
basti313

Dunlay wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:04
basti313 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
I was not referring to race performance. It was obvious to see their struggles throughout the weekend, including the first stint in race.
I can not see this...we had wet FPs and generally RedBull is not fast in FPs. Remember last year where they sometimes looked like Nr3 after FP2.
In Quali Max ruined the car early. And as mentioned, in the first stint he was ahead of Lando until the rain started.
Sorry, there is no reference point for "struggles".
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

basti313 wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:32
Dunlay wrote:
basti313 wrote:

I can not see this...we had wet FPs and generally RedBull is not fast in FPs. Remember last year where they sometimes looked like Nr3 after FP2.
In Quali Max ruined the car early.

And as mentioned, in the first stint he was ahead of Lando until the rain started.
About your red sentence: HUH? Max was > 12 sec slower than Norris until the rain started.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9253 ... s/842-821/
The Power of Dreams!

Cassius
Cassius

Wouter wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 14:00
basti313 wrote:
11 Jul 2024, 13:32
Dunlay wrote:
In Quali Max ruined the car early.

And as mentioned, in the first stint he was ahead of Lando until the rain started.
About your red sentence: HUH? Max was > 12 sec slower than Norris until the rain started.

https://en.mclarenf-1.com/2024/gp/s9253 ... s/842-821/
It started drizzling in lap 16/17 already for a few laps.

The first stint Max had front graining because he had no front end. He had to correct FW by 4 clicks on the next stints.