2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1
GhostF1

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Raleigh wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 07:03
If McLaren go for papaya orange it will probably be the full car including wings with a few blue surfaces and blue driver numbers like the Indycar. Which would IMO look great, it's a timeless classic livery unlike last year's orange/black which will date very fast (not ugly but has a bit of a Marussia vibe).
I know a lot of people talk down on the MCL32 livery, even I was less than amazed at the reveal, but the more I watched the races, the more I found to love the livery. Videos of the cars flying down the straight from head on, the car looked fantastic in that orange. Tarocco Orange.. I vastly prefer over the classic Papaya, especially on these modern cars.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Yeah, orange was definitely the best part of that livery, and head on you just saw the orange so the car looked great. Not as big a fan of the side profile though, if McLaren was to come up with a new livery more heavily based on last years orange I certainly wouldn't be unhappy.

Joseki
Joseki

Joseki wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 18:34
Good news for Alonso.

I've heard that the two days of filming day before pre season testing aren't 100% sure yet, but they are probably going to be scheduled on a spanish track (not Barcelona). A single delay from a partner or inside Woking can cause a reschedule so it's all up in the air at the moment.
Update: a spanish publication is reporting that McLaren will do a filming day on February 22 at Navarra.

https://www.momentogp.com/mclaren-tendr ... e-navarra/

Lucky
Lucky

mclaren111

F1i.com
Boullier:

"It's only normal for Renault to give reliability the utmost importance, especially with the introduction this year of the new three-engine limit. I need that reliability.

"In the past three years, McLaren has been missing data related to tyre degradation, brake cooling, fuel consumption"

"Now, we can regain a few habits that we had lost. For example, we're doing pit stop practice once again, something we had temporarily discarded in order to work on the engine."

Interesting comments.

bauc

So livery will be Orange, White and Black same as last year just in different shape/ratio
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

bauc

Boullier:

"Now, we can regain a few habits that we had lost. For example, we're doing pit stop practice once again, something we had temporarily discarded in order to work on the engine."
Hmm... How is pit stop practice related to Engine? Maybe the men & time required to change one did not allowed the team enough free time to practice other things?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RedNEO

bauc wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 15:40
So livery will be Orange, White and Black same as last year just in different shape/ratio
Well they had grey team wear last year and the car wasn’t grey so I wouldn’t be so sure. They should go for chrome with maybe an orange racing stripe.

RonDennis
RonDennis

bauc wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 15:43
Boullier:

Hmm... How is pit stop practice related to Engine? Maybe the men & time required to change one did not allowed the team enough free time to practice other things?
I think they just stopped caring.

CBeck113
CBeck113

bauc wrote:
Boullier:

If the car is on the jacks for engine repairs you can't really practice pit stops...
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

RedNEO

Thunder wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 13:09
Gotta love how Fernando and McLaren handle that. Much to learn for other Teams.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/958294259425300480

For those wondering:
McLaren and Fernando are in full agreement that Formula 1 remains their shared top priority. As such, Fernando will compete in every round of the 2018 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, and will dovetail his sports car commitments around grands prix.

As a result, he will not contest WEC’s Japanese round, at the Fuji Speedway on October 21, due to it clashing with the US Grand Prix, held at the Circuit of the Americas, in Austin, Texas.
It’s great =D>
And now that Fuji want to change dates to accommodate him he could win the championship.

NathanOlder

CBeck113 wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 16:48
bauc wrote:
Boullier:

If the car is on the jacks for engine repairs you can't really practice pit stops...
Part practice was going on though. The front and rear jack man was getting a hell of a lot of practice. :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

techman
techman

Boullier:

"It's only normal for Renault to give reliability the utmost importance, especially with the introduction this year of the new three-engine limit. I need that reliability.

"In the past three years, McLaren has been missing data related to tyre degradation, brake cooling, fuel consumption"

so funny the number of excuses mclaren and EB ditch out, just to put honda down. i have seen pitstop practices when the pit crew push the car into the pitstop and change tyres and they do them in their factories and all teams do this except mclaren? another excuses to hide their performances under the disguise of honda engine issue. believe me there will be more excuse coming this season.

Squid
Squid

mclaren111 wrote:
02 Feb 2018, 15:33
F1i.com
Boullier:

Interesting comments.
Not surprised that this is coming from Boullier's mouth. The Honda engine was responsible for a lot of the season's failures, but to pin the blame on it for McLaren's shitty pit stops is beyond ridiculous. McLaren has been notorious for bad pit stops since way before Honda.

mclaren111

Not sure if this has been discussed before ? Apologies if it has.

Any idea how Alonso's kimoa deal works ?

Does he pay like others sponsors ? Maybe a reduction in his salary ? Or free advertising just to keep him ?

Thanks